The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Struggling to AoE down Grobull's adds as StamDK

ScottK1994
ScottK1994
✭✭✭
Hi I've been trying to do the daily pledge for a while now, I have a decent team with me but I'm cp140 and I have to be perfect to be worth keeping around.

I'm using Dragon Fire Scale,Carve and Volatile Armour to aoe(most are magicka but that seems my aoe choices)

Is there anything I'm missing?

Best Answer

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScottK1994 wrote: »
    So I'll definitely need secondary for AoE? I thought my damage was alright with 2H, maybe it's just the bigger numbers that get me(I can't have dps counter on PS4)

DW beats 2H damage in PvE for both AoE and single target by a huge number.

As you are still getting used to it. I would suggest using DW as main weapon and 2H as buff secondary weapon.

Later on, switch to DW/Bow once you are quite used to your rotations and don't need any additional help from Rally.
    Answer ✓
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    Hi I've been trying to do the daily pledge for a while now, I have a decent team with me but I'm cp140 and I have to be perfect to be worth keeping around.

I'm using Dragon Fire Scale,Carve and Volatile Armour to aoe(most are magicka but that seems my aoe choices)

Is there anything I'm missing?

Youtube -> Stamina Dragonknight build or Tamrielfoundry.com -> Forums -> Dragonknight discussion
    SW GoH > ESO
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steel Tornado will be your best friend here. And I suggest to queue up with a StamNB, Stamsorc or Stamplars for vDC as you are quite low level, they are all capable of dealing incredible AoE damage especially StamNBs.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka skills will deal awful damage on a stamina build. You need to use stamina based AoE. Look into Whirlwind from Dual Wield, Cleave from 2H, Volley from Bow, etc.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am low, been grinding a lot but it only goes up quickly when I'm enlightened.

So 2H isn't preferred for AoE dps? I built DW as secondary but I didn't see results on single target so I got rid of weapons. Getting new ones won't be a issue
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 23, 2016 6:20PM
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    So I'll definitely need secondary for AoE? I thought my damage was alright with 2H, maybe it's just the bigger numbers that get me(I can't have dps counter on PS4)
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

DW beats 2H damage in PvE for both AoE and single target by a huge number.

As you are still getting used to it. I would suggest using DW as main weapon and 2H as buff secondary weapon.

Later on, switch to DW/Bow once you are quite used to your rotations and don't need any additional help from Rally.

That seems a fair plan. I do really like using executioner though so I don't know if I could go without 2H forever:P who knows what will be best by the time I get to 501 anyway haha
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Steel tornado.
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah ive stopped using 2H.. for now