Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regaining magicka with melee weapons

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes; melee weapons should have the ability to regen magicka
    Need magic weapons or spell weapon crafting that comes with enchanting. ( looking forward for magical bows)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you fool; this would break the lore and cause Armageddon
    That Stamina return is actually nice if in a dangerously low Stamina range with no other way to recover Stamina. Getting CCed without Stamina means death, and weaving in a few heavy attacks keeps your Stamina high quite easily.
  • PhteveThePirate
    PhteveThePirate
    Soul Shriven
    Bloodgharm wrote: »
    So with the proliferation of some classes using melee weapons to boost spell power, I wanted to ask the community if there should be an option somewhere that allows magicka users to regen with heavy attacks from melee weapons. This could be implemented as a passive somewhere in the world tree or something. What do you think?

I agree to an extent. I feel like seeing as dual wield is being used for Magicka builds maybe make it a flex spot for resource restore. Also maybe add 1 more weapon tree, let's call it "sword and ward" that somewhat mirrors the sword and board tree. Other than that the other trees should be left alone imo
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why not, especially with all the hybridization going on recently; would definitely be happy with being able to restore my Magicka without having to swap to my backbar staff.

Honestly if people cared about the "lore" of it, then they should first be questioning how a heavy attack regenerates resources, especially when it's exactly the reverse in Skyrim. (The answer is that ESO is an MMO and not exactly comparable to single-player games in terms of combat playstyles.)
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in August 2015. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.