Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Population imbalance in PS4's sub-50 campaign

pecheckler
pecheckler
✭✭✭✭✭
There is a big population imbalance in PS4's under 50 campaign. Can something be done about this? Off peak hours DC is 2/3 while AD and pact are 1/3, during peak hours DC is "full" while AD and pact are 1/3 and sometimes 2/3 population. It's been this way for the last two weeks as i've participated daily. At this very moment, DC is taking two scrolls at once, one from AD and another Pact. Each of their two forces is larger than the size of the entire opposing army they face at each gate.

I thought this was supposed to be PvP, not granting victory by default to whichever side has the most players. Population should be capped per faction so under-50 players can enjoy the same population balance we have in the standard campaign.
Edited by pecheckler on July 24, 2016 5:05AM
End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pecheckler wrote: »
    There is a big population imbalance in PS4's under 50 campaign. Can something be done about this? Off peak hours DC is 2/3 while AD and pact are 1/3, during peak hours DC is "full" while AD and pact are 1/3 and sometimes 2/3 population. It's been this way for the last two weeks as i've participated daily. At this very moment, DC is taking two scrolls at once, one from AD and another Pact. Each of their two forces is larger than the size of the entire opposing army they face at each gate.

I thought this was supposed to be PvP, not granting victory by default to whichever side has the most players. Population should be capped per faction so under-50 players can enjoy the same population balance we have in the standard campaign.

a lot of campaignes are lije that tbh. I think it's timezone differences with alot of guilds. One I used to play in (haderous?) would be completwly yellow. But in the later hours reds would flip the ,ap, so we'd have some fun lower scale battles taking the keeps back.

it's not a bad thing, it's just the majority of the players log off for the night is all.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You talking about PS4 NA Blackwater Blade Campaign? If so, I disagree. Sure DC tends to outnumber at times when all 3 sides do not fill up but numbers do not necessarily mean automatic victory. The better coordinated side wins because numbers without coordination just fall apart when a coordinated legion hits the scene.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What could they even do about it? Force all the people to play at one time?... I know what you mean, on PS4 EU is very annoying sometimes but I doubt ZOS can do anything about it, unless we kind of force our friends to join our campaign and pvp xDDD...which I failed at for the most part.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing in NA BWB PS4 the last few weeks and when I'm on there is an AD train running around the map they are usually 3 bars to DC and EP 1-2 bar. Swings and roundabouts for player populations as with every campaign.

The AP is delicious when I'm on because the AD love to stand in siege around keeps.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What could they even do about it? Force all the people to play at one time?... I know what you mean, on PS4 EU is very annoying sometimes but I doubt ZOS can do anything about it, unless we kind of force our friends to join our campaign and pvp xDDD...which I failed at for the most part.

Add a queue so that all three factions have the same number of players. If two factions have 200 players and another has 300, then make those 100 wait. It's not fair otherwise.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Add a queue so that all three factions have the same number of players. If two factions have 200 players and another has 300, then make those 100 wait. It's not fair otherwise.

Do you also stop people from going into delves, doing dolmens or IC? What about people doing quests? You can't control players nor is numbers the only way to win, a good quality raid can win against 3-4 times their numbers.

It has been an issue raised a number of times but there are so many factors involved to maintain balance and to make it fun for everyone that they don't have a solution for it.

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing in NA BWB PS4 the last few weeks and when I'm on there is an AD train running around the map they are usually 3 bars to DC and EP 1-2 bar. Swings and roundabouts for player populations as with every campaign.

The AP is delicious when I'm on because the AD love to stand in siege around keeps.

I admit AD is not THAT organized on BWB (I should know because I'm AD lol) so once they gain momentum DC organizes and starts pushing back. However, there are SOME AD players that organize legions quite well.
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not how a 3 faction pvp system is designed to work. It's suppose to be that if you are out numbered by one faction the other two team up to make it more even. Problem is you have a bunch of kiddies running around screaming "RED IS DEAD!!" at the top of their lungs making it impossible for the system to work as it was designed.
    #SavePlayer1
  • Maztiax
    Maztiax
    ✭✭✭
    Preposterous, DC is never poplocked. Those are obviously EP parking their alts on DC to prevent the real MVPs from playing on the server, anybody with half a brain knows this.

DC always fights fair, never zergs, never outnumbers the opposition, and always wins through sheer skill and resourcefulness. Bow down before the superior might of the lion, all you dragonborn/thalmor wannabe plebs
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maztiax wrote: »
    Preposterous, DC is never poplocked. Those are obviously EP parking their alts on DC to prevent the real MVPs from playing on the server, anybody with half a brain knows this.

DC always fights fair, never zergs, never outnumbers the opposition, and always wins through sheer skill and resourcefulness. Bow down before the superior might of the lion, all you dragonborn/thalmor wannabe plebs

My battle against DC last night would suggest otherwise ; )
    Edited by bedlom on July 24, 2016 6:53PM
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭

I've heard this joke before. It's getting stale.
    #SavePlayer1
  • Maztiax
    Maztiax
    ✭✭✭
    Xundiin wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOaT4xzdvo
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xundiin wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgOaT4xzdvo

If that was not a loop at 0:22 and it kept increasing it would literally drive people mad.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 24, 2016 7:49PM
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I admit AD is not THAT organized on BWB (I should know because I'm AD lol) so once they gain momentum DC organizes and starts pushing back. However, there are SOME AD players that organize legions quite well.

They are all really disorganised on BWB, the joy of Non-Vet PvP

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They are all really disorganised on BWB, the joy of Non-Vet PvP

Not always. I've seen some good groups pull together and PvP coordinated and successfully. Of course I don't go to BWB as much anymore due to hitting Lv50 with alts but when I do it's like that at times.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 24, 2016 10:35PM