The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Bug Report] Major issue with weapon switching.

SpiderKnight
SpiderKnight
✭✭✭✭✭
This issue seems more prevalent than it was before but I have died many times due to it, weapons are not switching when hitting the button, I can hit it 4 times and it won't switch. It's not my controller either as it is brand new, I've also seen others post about this as well. This is a bigger issue than the lag and other bugs that have plagued this game over the last month.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, weapon switching does not reliably work on PS4, and it is getting worse with each patch. The problem seems to be that weapon switching has to be confirmed server-side, and this does not always happen. Since DB, I usually cannot switch weapons for one full minute at all after loading a character or traveling into a location. Sometimes weapon switches also seem to get lost in lag, especially in PvP. Currently, the console version is in the worst condition since release.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Lag issue, one of many. It is known but it won't get fixed.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is 100% a performance issue, not a bug.

Similar to how you now need to endure load screens whenever you move too much in zones, this is nothing more than a performance issue. If ZOS ever solves the terrible performance, this'll solve itself immediately.

This weapon swap problem existed since Thieves Guild. Dark Brotherhood simply compounded the issue.

Makes me sad cause ZOS won't fix it :(
    Edited by Vaoh on July 24, 2016 8:38PM
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    It is 100% a performance issue, not a bug.

Similar to how you now need to endure load screens whenever you move too much in zones, this is nothing more than a performance issue. If ZOS ever solves the terrible performance, this'll solve itself immediately.

This weapon swap problem existed since Thieves Guild. Dark Brotherhood simply compounded the issue.

Makes me sad cause ZOS won't fix it :(

Well there has been a "fix" for the excessive amount of loading screens, worked for me. This weapon switching only started recently, I never had this issue until about a week ago, coincidentally (?) I noticed it when I finally jumped into pvp this past week and then it started happening everywhere in pve since then.
  • SGrey
    SGrey
    Soul Shriven
    I got hit with a similar issue today only a little more involved. It is not remotely a performance issue either.

My bugged character is now unplayable unless I equip both bars exactly the same way. I can be running around with my main weapon on for a good while, sometimes drawn, sometimes not with no issue. Then I'll get into a fight. Sometimes I can go a few fights without my weapon switching without me switching it, sometimes it happens within 2 swings. And once it switches, I cannot switch back using the normal button. In fact, the game acts like I don't have the weapon switching skill yet.

The only way for me to switch back is to go into my skills screen - in the middle of running and fighting - and switch back while trying not to die.

I've tried about every fix suggested, from unequipping weapons to aborting quests. Thus far, nothing has worked. My sole purpose for posting here now is both to acknowledge there being a bug from the experience of another and because I've been hunting for a fix I've not yet tried.
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    Gotten so used to it at this point that I set up my bar so that nothing cost-heavy fires when a bar swap fails.
  • SGrey
    SGrey
    Soul Shriven
    I heard back from support who basically said to post on the bugs forums, put a bug ticket in within game and hopefully it will be fixed/patched one day...