The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

List of stings associated with SkillID's or addon that detects buff/debuff application.

ArtOfShred
ArtOfShred
✭✭✭
I'm on a great quest to fill in as many blanks for Lui Extended's buff/debuff icons as I can. There are so many abilities in game that lack an icon associated with them. Lui Extended allows me to either suppress the display of a buff/debuff with its SkillID or to overwrite the icon based off its string. I've been running around using the Debugmode on BuffTimers which allows me to see any buff/debuff applied to me and read the SkillID applied. However I'm looking for something that will extend this functionality to applications of debuff/buffs to other targets as well.

As it stands for the most part what I'm doing right now is working fine, but there are a few really silly effects that I'd rather just hide on the UI instead of having only the ability to overwrite the icon. For example I discovered sometimes when you block a heavy attack from an enemy some short duration debuff is applied on them called "Uber Attack." There's also a few weird ones like "Revenge 2" on some Vosh Rakh NPC''s and "Generic AoE" on Ice Pillars summoned by Ogres.

Ultimately, the best thing I could possibly get my hands on is the string list corresponding to each SkillID in the game. Is anyone familiar with extracting files from the game and where something like this would be located? I imagine there has to be a few gigantic LUA files labeling everything.

Thanks for reading, hope someone has some insight for me!

EDIT: Also quick note and inquiry here, there's a few abilities in game that have short duration buffs associated with them that seem pointless to display. Most noteworthy I've encountered so far is 'Reverse Slice' has a .5 second buff, and 'Adrenaline Rush' has a split second buff that appears. If you're watching your bar you can see it pop up every time. I can easily replace the icons so they look right but I don't see those displaying as buffs being useful to gameplay in any way. Any thoughts?
Edited by ArtOfShred on July 23, 2016 12:28PM
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little unsure exactly what you're looking for but...The GetAbilityName(abilityId) API function gets you the name of the ability from its ID. The abilityId is just an integer from 0 to 100,000 (non-consecutive however). We've mined all of the skill data from the game including all available stats which you can view here.

If you're looking for this data in all game languages the easiest would be to just mine the skill data with the game client set to each language. I'm guessing that a lot, if not most, of the skill name/description texts would be held in the binary language data files which you'd have to extract and search for the text ID manually via the string which is unfortunately not generally unique.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    That's exactly what I was looking for! Guess I just wasn't searching for the right things earlier to find it. Just needed that list with all the id's and strings and from there I can use process of elimination to figure out which specific ID some of these are using.

Thank you!