The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial Motif Crown Preview

Xerosus
Xerosus
✭✭✭
So i'm casually going through all the motifs in the crown store, i'm in the third Imperial gear preview (Heavy Armor) and i notice that the primary color on it is a very striking metallic silver looking dye. Is that dye even in the game? I previewed the lower leveled heavy gear and even the sword has that color. In short, i obviously want it and this game is sorely lacking in metallic dyes.

Unfortunately i don't have a picture for reference but preview the Imperial heavy gear in the crown store and you'll see what i mean.

Best Answer

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we are.

Lvwyxx7.jpg

Primary is probably Lamae White from getting Rank 10 in the Vampire skill line.

Secondary is probably Birch White from Expert of Refinement achievement (refine raw materials 300 times). Please note that it may instead be Volunteer's Iron from the Alliance War Volunteer achievement. I think to get that you literally just step inside Cyrodiil once.

Tertiary color is probably Soul Shriven Gray, which you get by completing the tutorial. It is not possible to not have this dye.

I show some different lighting conditions and am extremely confident in the primary and tertiary color choices. The secondary colors possibilities are remarkably close to each other and it really just depends on the lighting you see it in, I feel.

I hope this helps! Seems that all the silvers and such are just way too dark to be the right choice on that armor.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Answer ✓
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure offhand, but here's a picture for anyone else that may be able to identify the dye... At least this is what shows for me, would think we all see the same color set.

KgCezla.png?2
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Not sure offhand, but here's a picture for anyone else that may be able to identify the dye... At least this is what shows for me, would think we all see the same color set.

KgCezla.png?2

Yep, that's the one. I have most of the grey dyes in the game and none of them fit the look.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have found a close to 100% match, uploading info shortly.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    I have found a close to 100% match, uploading info shortly.

Sounds good.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not Cyrodilic Steel?
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Not Cyrodilic Steel?

Oh heck no, not even close. That's like, a medium blueish color. Maybe medium-light. Would have been sick if they made that dye crazy like Damascus steel style or something but them's the breaks. It still works for a lot of outfits.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Here we are.

Lvwyxx7.jpg

Secondary is probably Birch White from Expert of Refinement achievement (refine raw materials 300 times). Please note that it may instead be Volunteer's Iron from the Alliance War Volunteer achievement. I think to get that you literally just step inside Cyrodiil once.

Tertiary color is probably Soul Shriven Gray, which you get by completing the tutorial. It is not possible to not have this dye.

I show some different lighting conditions and am extremely confident in the primary and tertiary color choices. The secondary colors possibilities are remarkably close to each other and it really just depends on the lighting you see it in, I feel.

I hope this helps! Seems that all the silvers and such are just way too dark to be the right choice on that armor.

Interesting, that does look very accurate but Zeni seems to have put a metallic sheen on the preview version. I'll def try this out, i have all these dyes.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure that's Lamae White. LW has a blueish highlight I'm not really seeing in the preview. I'm actually wondering if that's an unavailable dye.
    Edited by starkerealm on July 22, 2016 11:13PM
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭

Not sure that's Lamae White. LW has a blueish highlight I'm not really seeing in the preview. I'm actually wondering if that's an unavailable dye.

I tried the exact combination he suggested and its very close, but like i said... sneaky Zenimax gave the preview version a very metallic, almost reflective look and refuses to share with the rest of us.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xerosus

Im pretty sure its moonstone white

bK9DkS4.jpg
    Edited by Katahdin on July 22, 2016 11:53PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerosus wrote: »

I tried the exact combination he suggested and its very close, but like i said... sneaky Zenimax gave the preview version a very metallic, almost reflective look and refuses to share with the rest of us.

You know what would be really neat, and actually make the motifs worth buying from the store? If they also included costume versions for light, medium, and heavy, in that style that matched the previews.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    @Xerosus

Im pretty sure its moonstone white

bK9DkS4.jpg

No, whatever that dye is, it has the rare modifier on it. It's also much whiter than Moonstone White.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Julianos White has the bluish highlight, Lamae White is much closer to what's seen in the preview. It's really hard to tell, though, on account of the drastically different lighting conditions that are irreproducible in-game. For instance, the metallic sheen OP is looking for is quite apparent on character select, but appears much more blue than under the lighting conditions of the dye station. Just strolling around Rawl-Kha later in the day gave it a more brownish/orange highlight due to the lighting conditions. In truth, it very well could be something unavailable, but this was so remarkably similar that I felt comfortable posting.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Julianos White has the bluish highlight, Lamae White is much closer to what's seen in the preview. It's really hard to tell, though, on account of the drastically different lighting conditions that are irreproducible in-game. For instance, the metallic sheen OP is looking for is quite apparent on character select, but appears much more blue than under the lighting conditions of the dye station. Just strolling around Rawl-Kha later in the day gave it a more brownish/orange highlight due to the lighting conditions. In truth, it very well could be something unavailable, but this was so remarkably similar that I felt comfortable posting.

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't remember if I have Julianos White. You could be right about Lamae, I'm just not completely certain.
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could just be a difference in material?
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praeficere wrote: »
    Could just be a difference in material?

I don't think so. Material and quality get overwritten by dyes. The exception to this is at low levels where the motif changes with the different materials. After tier 4, that stops.
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think so. Material and quality get overwritten by dyes. The exception to this is at low levels where the motif changes with the different materials. After tier 4, that stops.

Dyes have slight differences depending on material. The dye can sometimes have a slight gloss, be brighter, more dull etc. (Compare CP10 gear to later CP rank materials with the same dyes/varying qualities.)

The material used as a base by ZOS to showcase the motif might just be different from the level of the gear you guys are testing dyes on.

Just a thought.
    Edited by Praeficere on July 23, 2016 3:13AM
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's moonstone white, %100
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's moonstone white, %100

@Actually_Goku It's definitely not, I checked that and it doesn't have nearly enough shine to it and is the wrong shade to begin with.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Adamantine Silver? Its quite shiny.
    Edit: or Sterdarr's White.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on July 23, 2016 6:30AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely not Adamantine Silver, it's too dark.

Adamantine Silver

volOJzm.jpg

Preview Image

V7nPho1.jpg

On the other hand, Lamae's White is still not shiny enough, it's just the closest possible with all available dyes.

MGfmJsa.jpg
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭

Considering that its a rare, it doesn't shine enough.