Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing.. and Master Angler!

GreenhaloX
GreenhaloX
✭✭✭✭✭
I've never been a fisherman, even in real-life, but since I've caught that supposedly rare crab-slaughtered-crane fish thing (must had been a lucky draw there for me), I've been a little more intrigued with fishing in ESO. Although, it was a let-down with the less-than-expected experience when I did caught that crane fish. I thought maybe, since it was a rare fish and part of Orsinium achievement, that you would get somewhat of a better ump or something when you catch that fish. Anyways, I've dabbing more at fishing holes, since, in and around Wrothgar and sometimes in Hew's Bane, but I'm not catching much of those fishes mentioned for the Master Angler achievement for those DLC locations. Like real-life fishing, is there a trick or secret in better catching those fishes? Is there certain bait better to use or better fishing holes than others? Any tips or advices from you Master Anglers or veteran fishermen and women?
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes man, you have to use special bait for special water types. You got it all covered here:
    http://deltiasgaming.com/2015/04/27/eso-fishing-guide/
    EU PC
  • Stump
    Stump
    ✭✭✭
    There are tricks.
    1) more people at a hole equals greater chance at rarer fish
    2) bait matters: Ocean= worms, Rivers = Insect parts, Lakes = guts, Foul water= Crawlers
    3) didn't see a platform mentioned but if you are on PC you can get some add- ons like: Votan fish filet (for fileting hundred of fish), Votan fisherman, and Rare fish tracker

I have master angler on 1 toon already and working on a second. It becomes alot of fun when you get a group together.
    Happy hunting.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tips:
    -bring a friend, it increases your chances but dries up the fishing spots faster
    -Expect to use way way wayyy more bait than you thought.
    -prepare to have something playing in the background because you will be bored as hell
    -if you're on pc, download an add on that auto-fillets the non prize catches. You can get perfect roe from those. If you're not pc, I'm so sorry

rip decibel
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haaa.. what the heck this thread got moved to here for.

Anyhow, thank you for the tips, all.
    Stump wrote: »
    There are tricks.
    1) more people at a hole equals greater chance at rarer fish
    2) bait matters: Ocean= worms, Rivers = Insect parts, Lakes = guts, Foul water= Crawlers
    3) didn't see a platform mentioned but if you are on PC you can get some add- ons like: Votan fish filet (for fileting hundred of fish), Votan fisherman, and Rare fish tracker

I have master angler on 1 toon already and working on a second. It becomes alot of fun when you get a group together.
    Happy hunting.

Ok.. so like any other aspects and concepts within ESO, there is a trick to the trade. Good to know.. thanks. It does seem you'll need a lot of patience with chasing this achievement.
    Draxys wrote: »
    Tips:
    -bring a friend, it increases your chances but dries up the fishing spots faster
    -prepare to have something playing in the background because you will be bored as hell
    -if you're on pc, download an add on that auto-fillets the non prize catches. You can get perfect roe from those. If you're not pc, I'm so sorry

Haaa.. got a case of beers here handy, plus the liquor store is not too far away. Lol!. Not pc here, no filleting for me.. oh well, no worries.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got about 10k of each bait (thank you crafting bag!) ready for fishing. That's probably not enough, but how close am I?

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »

I've got about 10k of each bait (thank you crafting bag!) ready for fishing. That's probably not enough, but how close am I?

You'll be fine with 10k of each unless you get really unlucky.

rip decibel
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome, thanks. We'll see how it goes. Those blue fish really hate me.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10K??! Here.. I'm thinking maybe a few hundreds of each maybe enough. Oh lord.. :#
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After each master angler run i usually end up with about 8.5k fishes caught, and its mostly foul water and lake fish.
  • Stump
    Stump
    ✭✭✭

Haaa.. got a case of beers here handy, plus the liquor store is not too far away. Lol!. Not pc here, no filleting for me.. oh well, no worries.[/quote]

Still wanna filet all those fish when your done for that delicious Perfect Roe. Not sure about console prices but on PC those go for around 10k-15k gold a piece.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

10K??! Here.. I'm thinking maybe a few hundreds of each maybe enough. Oh lord.. :#

In my experience, a few hundred each will only last 4 zones or so. I went through 200-300 guts in one zone thanks an extremely elusive blue fish.

However, I was also fishing solo, so my chances were as low as they can be.
    Edited by Draxys on July 22, 2016 4:14AM

rip decibel
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FYI if you're going after the Master Angler title specifically, the DLC zones aren't included in that. They have their own separate fishing achievements.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    FYI if you're going after the Master Angler title specifically, the DLC zones aren't included in that. They have their own separate fishing achievements.

Oh smack! good to know.. thanks for this tidbits of info, @Ilsabet! I guess this will be something good and relaxing to do to break away from the monotony of daily repeatable quests, while awaiting the next DLC to come.

In my experience, a few hundred each will only last 4 zones or so. I went through 200-300 guts in one zone thanks an extremely elusive blue fish.

However, I was also fishing solo, so my chances were as low as they can be.

Yeah, I've been stockpiling up on the different baits since. Pretty picking and grabbing every chance I get now, which I've not done before. Lol!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tips:

This needs to be at the top of the list, not buried three bullets down. :smile:

I would hesitate to use the auto-filet add-on. This is not proven in the Court of ZOS to be OK with the ToS. It would really suck to be banned for that. I filet by hand, one at a time. It is part of the joy of fishing.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tips:

I would hesitate to use the auto-filet add-on. This is not proven in the Court of ZOS to be OK with the ToS. It would really suck to be banned for that. I filet by hand, one at a time. It is part of the joy of fishing.

I mean yea, it would suck, but it's also most assuredly NOT a joy to manually fillet 200 fish at a time lol

rip decibel
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tips:

I mean yea, it would suck, but it's also most assuredly NOT a joy to manually fillet 200 fish at a time lol

Hey, you catch 'em, you clean 'em. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus