The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire and Werewolf guilds.

Airik32180
Airik32180
✭✭
NPC guilds like the mage or fighter's guilds should be created for vampires and werewolves as well. This would allow for werewolf or vampire specific quest lines to enrich game play. These of course would add new skill sets for belonging to these guilds, but the means of adding a new chapter of possible ongoing and daily quests could help keep avid vampire and werewolf players entertained. A copy of a previous posting of mine addresses this as well.

For quite a few players, one of the lures to elder scrolls online along with its solo player games is the fact you can play a vampire or werewolf. While balance of course is a primary key, adding a few abilities seen in other games and NPC's for that matter would be even more alluring to potential players. Players like myself came to elder scrolls for the sole reason of being able to play a vampire or werewolf....

An example: Let's use the vampire thrall from the dominion quest line, they can do a teleport right on top of their prey. Such a power could be employed by vampire players.

I realize that each skill line typically has about ten spots, so thinking outside the box, why not have vampire or werewolf moved from world, to an additional race skill line after all you are joining another race.

Adding a few minor powers to make playing both races a bit more alluring could be a great thing, for example as mentioned above the short distance teleport that blood thralls use which is akin to the sorcerer's bolt escape only of course without damage upon arrival or using it as an escape.

You could also approach this by adding a new skill line, or making improvements to the current ones that only vampire or werewolf players can access. Using again vampires as the example it would be nice to have enriched story lines and quests added to the game. The blood matron when you turn, tells you to form families, this now becomes a quest line leading to a vampire guild akin to the mage/fighter's guilds. Which would either add a new skill line, or improve and add new skills to the vampire skill line itself. The quest-line like the mage guild would be to create safe havens for vampires near player cities which would be in a graveyard and the entrance would be a cliche but a mausoleum. Players would need to do quests that involved recruiting by making thralls to help build these under ground safe havens which would start the set of daily quests to keep vampire players busy. Several other quest ideas could come from this as well for we all know the Blood Matron has a hatred for Molag Bal for making her the first vampire and she does vow they will rise up against him. This again is a possible quest idea along with countless other daily quests to keep the haven's safe and populated with vampires or willing victims. Once the haven is constructed the blood matron now resides in the haven or at least a shrine in each one for those that have been bitten. The haven would have vendors, and quests which would lead to vampire based weapons, gaining new skill sets, and prompting possible pvp attacks by the fighters guild or dawn guard should it be added. Gaining the new skill line which could be named Vampire Lord after the skyrim version which could include some of the following vampire power examples.

Possible power additions.

Telekinesis- which would be nothing more than either knock back that causes damage or a stun.

Claws- When you encounter vampires in the wild they don't have weapons... but they sure do try to claw you... The same needs to be of vampire players by adding a power that allows you to grow claws in the place of a weapon.

An activated form of blood ritual which replaces the former passive blood ritual. It allows vampire players to create an area of effect around them in which they can turn willing players. This still can only be performed every so many days and the player being turned still has to carry out the quest line of the blood matron. Changes to this however is the player being infected HAS to either carry out the quest or find a cure, other wise they become a lessor vampire such as a thrall when it ends, and gives them a very limited blood thrall skill line that only includes feeding and blood drain which again would force them to either complete the quest or a cure.

Bat form- Taking the form of a giant bat which could be a combat ability, or an ability to move quickly to escape a fight.

Seduction- which is a very limited stun that would allow a vampire player to feed on a city or combat NPC and allow them to escape before the effect wore off. This could also be used in combat.

Blink- ( or some other name) Like the NPC blood fiends, this ability allows the player to teleport a distance away from where they are. It would have a low mana cost as it causes no damage upon arrival. Somewhat like the mage's bolt escape power.

The vampire sanctuary could be in every city, and of course have shrine to the Blood Matron in each one. These areas could be a meeting place for vampire characters to go for vampire specific repeatable daily quests, as well as vendors in the sanctum. ( the same should be for werewolf players having their own sanctum of sorts)

Disadvantages

GUARDS CHASE YOU!- at stage 3&4 you obviously don't look mortal any more and should prompt guards to fight the vampire threat. This also would add another feature, vampires like theft, can sneak to feed on city NPC's and if caught of course causes a bounty. (Werewolf players on full moons or at night in the game should also face having physical changes if they haven't fully fed (requiring) them to feed on woodland animals at night to give them back their appearance (example they could get furry faces or something at night to make guards suspicious)

Arkay Priests could be added to cities in which their very presence causes vampires to stage faster than normal should they stay around an Arkay symbol for too long.....

Changing the feeding animation- You're a vampire! you have fangs, some vampire players truly enjoy the an animation of actually biting your victim instead of sucking blood through the air. While you could still do the blood sucking through the air on enemy NPC's but vampires having to feed in a city on non combat NPC's should have an actual bite animation, or feeding on those sleeping which would require vampires to lock pick to get into houses at night to feed on sleeping residents.

A travel power to replace the horse for vampires and werewolves could be interesting, vampires could assume the giant bat form, and werewolves have an increased running speed, or both of them have a running element that would allow them to run fast for travel.

Adding the Dawnguard skill line- add a dawngaurd guild which only non vampire players and non werewolf players can join. I realize that the fighters guild has a dawnguard power, but that too could be re-vamped so to speak. Adding this of course should have some strong perks for not turning vampire or werewolf and give players some abilities to balance things out should they encounter vampires and werewolves in PvP.
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    They don't have to create new guilds for that, but instead of that, they could creste secret groups within already existing guilds.

For example, if you're a werewolf abd in Mages Guild, there could be one member of it pull you aside and say something like "Pss, you! I heard you're a werrwolf. You're not the only one here. Meet us *place*. We take care of our own." And thus begin questline.

And for vampires something like "We know your...secret, *nickname*.You're not the only one to prefer little different...drink. You can meet us *place*. We expect you."

Hope you get the general idea.
    Edited by Xinz'r on April 4, 2015 6:29PM
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Molagent
    Molagent
    ✭✭
    To my knowledge Lycans no longer have their passives in man form but their lycan transforms. So there's some downgrading, vampires are still overpowered...ish. Just get a fire staff and we run for the damn hills. So I don't see a reason to add new abilities to choices that are already well made. Werewolves are walking tanks without ammo, vampires are speedy slaughterhouses on fire.

If you're talking about guilds with the two, well that's stupid. For one the only real known wolf pack is the companions, which hasn't been taken to Hircine's call just yet. So you've already broken some lore..Vampire covens? The last thing any vampire coven has ever done except in the *** series twilight is take in outsiders or people who aren't pure-bloods. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like talking to Molag Bal about making some changes to who I consider my lord and savior.

For the rest of your ideas, they're idiotic. I'd rather have full open world then be chased by my own faction or vet faction swap because I drink blood or eat people. We're already getting chased around for sneaking about picking pockets. No need to add to the trauma, especially since I love my lil lunatic Bosmer.

Finally...For your skill ideas.. bat form? Dude seriously? GOOGLE A SKILL CALC. WE HAVE IT ALREADY. Blink, seduction, telekinesis? I got a better idea... Let's just go find out if the worm cult is recruiting and work ourselves around some necromancy or blood magic. Least it would make sense right to join Mannimarco's insanity.
    Xinz'r wrote: »
    And for vampires something like "We know your...secret, *nickname*.You're not the only one to prefer little different...drink. You can meet us *place*. We expect you."

Hope you get the general idea.
    Hail Sithis.
    Edited by Molagent on April 14, 2015 1:06PM
    "Happiness is foolishness I don't care for. When a scientist discovers something new that person would be willing to die to uncover the result of it. In that moment there is no happiness but an obsessiveness with interest. And it is with great pleasure I say I am not, nor ever desire to be happy, but take luxury and with sense of halcyon that I am interesting."
  • Snusdosan
    Snusdosan
    Hail Sithis.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, each faction has their own clans of vamps, that i do know.

Morrowind has 3, each has a diff strain of vampirism styled after fighter, mage, and assassin classes

skyrim, of course has volkihar, though for purposes of the game, the volkihar can easily be the DC guild, since their castle is on the border, idk

the cyrodillic vampires never had a solid clan, but were able to blend into society seemlessly if well fed, though this blending in fades after a few centuries

there are many more, these are just examples. i really want to see npc guild queslines that are specific to factions, it would give people more of a reason to create alts
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see werewolf/vampire main quest line and dailies - the same as it is now for dark brotherhood/thieves - esp. when I can see now how it does work when it is finally released. I love this kind of content.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • darkside0071
    Thanks for the post :)!
  • Mandragora
    Mandragora
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't check the date and also I didn't read the original long post, so I don't know if I would agree with everything, but I would be for chasing, but only if you would be in 4th stadium and you would cast a vampiric spell / you would be in werewolf form, before a guard.

The skills are quite OK for me, I just miss their quest line and lairs - I wouldn't mind, if there would be only a small new zone with their main lair - just something more to do to feel like vampire/werewolf.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!