Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Flax

Powerburrito20
What's the best daggerfall zone for gathering flax?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormhaven (Hint, find the same level mobs as the material is for and you will find the material

Look for Blue Flowers

latest?cb=20130304232434
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Stormhaven. They are tiny blue flowers that are easy to miss, even with the Keen Eye passive.
  • Alina_Scarbridge
    Alina_Scarbridge
    ✭✭✭
    Glenumbra, I'd think.

EDIT: yes, Stormhaven. I read Flax, but my brain thought Jute. :/
    Edited by Alina_Scarbridge on July 19, 2016 2:30PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your just after the cloth for armour, did you know you can steal cloth armour, which will be levelled to your character and deconstruct it, to get cloth back? make sure your not detected though ;)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your just after the cloth for armour, did you know you can steal cloth armour, which will be levelled to your character and deconstruct it, to get cloth back? make sure your not detected though ;)

@puffytheslayer

Stolen Items do not give back Mats on decon, even after laundering. This was Nerfed Hard just after the Justice System dropped.

Mob Loot on the other hand is a great source of materials.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@puffytheslayer

Stolen Items do not give back Mats on decon, even after laundering. This was Nerfed Hard just after the Justice System dropped.

Mob Loot on the other hand is a great source of materials.

i stole, laundered & deconstructed yesterday. and i got mats back.
  • Powerburrito20
    Where do you steal them from? And nearest launder spot?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do you steal them from? And nearest launder spot?

Most large towns will have a clothiers, and there is an outlaw refuge on each map,
    so in glenumbra it would be in daggerfall

when your in the city look at your map, & find the outlaw refuge icon, the clothiers is right next to the bank i think.
    make sure your eye is completley closed & plan your escape before hand

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i stole, laundered & deconstructed yesterday. and i got mats back.

@puffytheslayer

Probably not as much as if it was Mob Loot. Also, there are two kinds of armor that can be stolen, one gives nothing back for mats, the other will give some mats back if you launder them, but still not as much as Mob Loot. You can tell by the values.

Over all, it is a waste of time/gold to steal, launder and decon

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we shall have to agree to disagree on that matter @Nestor i find it a usefull way to get low level material when im leveling a new character, with the additional bonus of leveling my ledgerman.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you'd get more mats faster without the gold for laundering simply by going to gather the raw material in the wilds...
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I think you'd get more mats faster without the gold for laundering simply by going to gather the raw material in the wilds...

Or farming a public dungeon for mobs. Which is good on many levels, Loot, Gold, Experience, Skill Leveling and Mats from Decon.