Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The golden claw quest bugged for me

Pewpewcannon
It says to "receive the blessings" from the two NPCs tied up....but when i talk to them to untie them, absolutely nothing happens.

Am i just *** or am i missing something here?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a bug. Sometimes interacting with NPCs just doesn't work. Abandon the quest, log off for 15 minutes to allow the area to reset, and try again.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ThePMSBeast
    ThePMSBeast
    ✭✭
    I am having a different bug with this quest. First Mane Rid-Thar-ri'Datta disappears after restoring the first alter. Tried logging off, restarting the quest etc and keep on disappearing as we near any other alter and does not return. Unable at this point to continue with the quest.
    " I know from righteous, I know from sin. I got two sides, and they both friends "
  • tenpeir
    tenpeir
    ✭✭
    It was bugged for me as well.

First Mane Rid-Thar-ri'Datta disappears at the first combat point after the first alter. I could only complete the quest by first clearing all the enemies between the first and second alters then going back through the entrance and and pick up the First Mane Rid-Thar-ri'Datta. Took him to the second alter, sanctified it and was able to continue with the quest.
  • Dcon_Vaiese
    Dcon_Vaiese
    Soul Shriven
    I just completed the quest after it was being buggy for me also. They way I got around it was when Rid-Thar disappeared I got to the next alter and logged off then logged back in and he was standing right there next to me. After I activated the second alter I didn't have to re-log as he stayed with me.

Hope this helps anyone else that gets stuck on this in the future.