Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the extent of playability issues on PS4?

LadyLethalla
LadyLethalla
✭✭✭✭✭
Over the past couple of weeks (dare I say it, since the first of the two long PS4 maintenance sessions) I've had a lot of trouble logging into the game. I did have problems a few months ago but they had largely disappeared. (I think a lot of them were due to having my account appear Offline. Once I changed that, MOST of the issues went away.)
Over the weekend, however, it was rage-inducing. I lost count of how many times I tried to login before actually succeeding but it must have been around ten yesterday morning. I am a patient person but I do have my limits.

So it goes something like this:

Start the game, get to the Game Startup screen where you select the server, press Play. Screen then says "Loading". It then freezes for 30-60 seconds.
After that I get a message stating I have "No valid internet connection".
So I press X to start again.
Game startup screen -> Loading screen.
Message after <5 SECONDS that the "connection to the server timed out".
Press X to start again.
Game startup screen -> Loading screen.
Get to Character select (amazing!), press X.
Screen freezes after 30 seconds or so. At this point I can either wait up to 2 minutes for it to tell me it's "an unusually long load time" and that I have "no valid internet connection", or quit the game and start again. In either case I have to go through all of this again, probably another half dozen times before I actually load into it. And god help me if I get logged out for inactivity.

Then there's the Wayshrine issue. I am almost too scared now to use a Wayshrine at all, because I will almost always get the "unusually long load time" message and "no valid internet connection".
Strangely, it doesn't seem to happen as often when PAYING to fast travel - although when it does, it's usually taken my gold but not moved me. D:<<<

Okay, so I have posted a Support ticket in-game (when I finally managed to get in) and I got a response overnight that they are aware of these issues "since the DB release", but though they offered a few suggestions on (what I presume is) a temporary fix, no instructions on HOW... And I am hoping that the maintenance posted above is going to fix it.
However, these issues have been around since I returned to the EU server in mid-April, which was after the TG release. Last year (prior to Fallout 4's release) there were no such problems, and I never saw any when I played on the NA server from February to mid-April. And both attempts over the weekend to log into the NA server were successful.

Anyone else experiencing this kind of frustration?

Edited by LadyLethalla on July 18, 2016 12:28AM
x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/_nBuKJpzQgA

Video Clip Guide
    00:00 - 00:54 Snipe Health Desync

00:55 - 01:11 Funnel Health Desync

01:12 - 02:11 vMA Crematorial Guard Health Desync (Magicka NB went from V2 to CP501. First vMA attempt and this happens -_-)

02:12 - 03:47 Stutter Performance Issue in vMA (Magicka NB went from V2 to CP501. First vMA attempt and this happens -_-)

03:48 - 04:58 Wayrest Performance: Low FPS, Cut Audio, Invisible NPCs and Guards, Player Silhouettes, Difficulties w/ World Map

04:59 - 06:53 Wayrest Performance: Low FPS, Load Screens, NPCs not spawning, Player Silhouettes, unloaded textures

06:54 - 08:20 Greenshade Performance: Multiple Load Screens, Very Little distance traveled per load screen, stuff popping in out of nowhere, etc

08:21 - 09:29 Bangkorai Performance: Same as Greenshade since the issue is universal across possibly all zones, heavily underpopulated zone yet still have load screens and character movement speed does not change this

09:30 - 09:51 Thieves Guild patch IC Arena: Back when the performance issue was still a baby :) Invisible meteors that are still present in the Arena!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My issues on PS4 are mostly frame rate lag and slow loading leading to forced loading screens. Beyond that the occasional quirky moment but nothing too unplayable. I feel for those that have it far worse than I but from what I gather most of them are Xbox.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UltimaJoe777 @Doncellius Are you guys on NA or EU?

Sure, I get terrible lag but I hardly ever get loading screens while moving (once per day, if that). If it was just those issues without the constant difficulties in actually loading into the game, I wouldn't mind so much. But couple that with the constant PvP disconnections, and... well, I start to wonder why I'm paying for this monthly.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UltimaJoe777 @Doncellius Are you guys on NA or EU?

Sure, I get terrible lag but I hardly ever get loading screens while moving (once per day, if that). If it was just those issues without the constant difficulties in actually loading into the game, I wouldn't mind so much. But couple that with the constant PvP disconnections, and... well, I start to wonder why I'm paying for this monthly.

I don't pay for it monthly. Props if you do! I can't justify it myself though :disappointed:

I need to see the Devs fix stuff before I do that.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doncellius You didn't say which server you're on? I'm wondering if my issues are just EU.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Doncellius You didn't say which server you're on? I'm wondering if my issues are just EU.

PS4 NA

They are not region-specific. These issues are across all three platforms.

Many PC users have powerful PCs though which can handle the sloppy coding. Our consoles cannot :(

Edited by Vaoh on July 18, 2016 1:20AM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP try deleting the online save file of the game. It seems weird, but it worked for me. =o

Edit: adding link to video where I learned about this fix. Worked for me. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXWfg6M3bQ
    Edited by Pandorii on July 18, 2016 1:28AM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @UltimaJoe777 Are you on NA or EU?

Sig says it all for me lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pandorii Thanks for the link...

What I'm still not sure about is whether anyone else is getting these logging-in issues. I have seen no "303" error code that the YT-er mentioned (though twice over the weekend I did get Error 100 (3:6:159:597) "Timeout while waiting for realm directory service").
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's *** terrible! I love this game, but man, fix the *** servers!
  • BackFreckle
    BackFreckle
    ✭✭✭
    I've had 0 problems this past month
    Lara Dorren - Breton Templar
    Morzann - High Elf Nightblade
    Orik - Nord Dragonknight
    Oromis - High Elf Sorcerer
    Ellaria Sand - Redguard Sorcerer
    Solara - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    N'guvu Mojeda - Khajiit Sorcerer
    Lady Pakura - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Solembum - Khajiit Drafonknight
    AD//PS4//NA
    PSN - KuruptGamer
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your internet is bad and gets messed up while loading. Had same issue untill i wired mine and poof 90% of issues gone.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm no actually... my PS4 is wired directly into my router, which sits right next to it.

Secondly, I have not changed anything about my setup in months, yet didn't have these issues until recently.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah same here. I don't lag in any other games on ps4, and ESO Pvp was just about perfect for me pre Imperial City patch.

Nothing has changed on my set-up, only the broken coding in the game.

Hopefully they figure it out soon.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    On the PS4 NA server (Mind you im located in Sydney) I have found that since the Champion point update the lag and frame rate drops are more frequent even when there is only my character on the screen, hope they can optimise the game a bit more.
  • Nuntjako
    Nuntjako
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on the ps4 EU. I don't get the log in issues and I seldom crash, but I get loading screens, lag, FPS drops and invisible npcs pretty much everywhere. It's worse in high populated areas though.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO on PS4 was lagging a lot untill I placed my router next to PS4 and that's worked very well.

No idea it may PS4 wifi which is not good.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on July 18, 2016 8:54AM
  • Soulgirl
    Soulgirl
    ✭✭
    Since the latest patch the only issues I've been having are a bit of lag and stuttering, especially in towns. All the other issues were fixed though.
    PS4 EU
    Edited by Soulgirl on July 18, 2016 9:09AM
    PC player on EU server.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 EU using wifi & yesterday was first time got chucked out. Back in easily. But after was fine, not even the occasional loading screen I rarely got in Orsinium. Can get some lag but nothing terrible - more if I try to go too fast in crowds. If I just pause for a couple of seconds rather than rush everywhere all good.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    OP try deleting the online save file of the game. It seems weird, but it worked for me. =o

Edit: adding link to video where I learned about this fix. Worked for me. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cuXWfg6M3bQ

I had the same issue and submitted a trouble ticket to ZOS and received similar feedback to delete unwanted save file and other snapshots that are automatically saved by the gameplay. It seemed to work, and I tend clear it out weekly or so. I didn't realize the game was automatically saving loads of snapshots. Maybe that was clogging up the connection and loading time.
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    This can't go on like this , not for me .
    I also think that this game is never meant to run on console , first it came out on console without many features like text chat , combat text , name plate etc that were on console .After more than a year they bring in these little add ons but at the expence of game stability ?
    Or is it that they released dlc to keep up with release ETA deadlines but again at the cost for a sloppy running game that they plan to improve bit by bit with patches .
    I hate to say this , but this is utter crap !
    I don't get people don't mind a laggy game where after teleporting to wayshrine you better have to wait a bit before moving for not risking any lag or just to make disapear black shades and appear npc . ok it's not 100% of the time but almost in every fight or entering new zone , this is really unacceptable

The worse is that they keep releasing dlc's at the same timing but like close there eyes for this broken game performance !
    PVE was already unplayable , thank you kindly now we have to take the whole as a big powerpoint slide action game with the same loadingscreen each time telling us that " this might be an unusual long load time ".

sorry for the salt but this is getting really riduculous ..
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pandorii Thanks for the link...

What I'm still not sure about is whether anyone else is getting these logging-in issues. I have seen no "303" error code that the YT-er mentioned (though twice over the weekend I did get Error 100 (3:6:159:597) "Timeout while waiting for realm directory service").

The only time I see those issues are when I crash while in Cyrodiil (PS4 NA). Outside of Cyrodiil it's just lots of load screens and FPS drops.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only lag when a zerg of 80+ hit a Keep I'm in and that's it. I've come to think the issue may be Comcast here in the US. My friends who do have issues all have Comcast. And on FFXIV we had issues with Comcast for years.
    Edited by Eirikir on July 18, 2016 4:27PM
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I tried the delete Save Game Data option last night.

It only took 3 tries to login... Woo!

As for the Wayshrine issue, that was no better. But, I "seem" to have found a workaround (which I only say "seem" because it probably won't work tonight) in that if I'm in a city and I want to change zones, if I first travelled to a wayshrine outside the city and THEN wayshrined from there to the new zone, I didn't get any freezes.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

I had the same issue and submitted a trouble ticket to ZOS and received similar feedback to delete unwanted save file and other snapshots that are automatically saved by the gameplay. It seemed to work, and I tend clear it out weekly or so. I didn't realize the game was automatically saving loads of snapshots. Maybe that was clogging up the connection and loading time.

@GreenhaloX Where are these snapshots saved to?
    Edited by LadyLethalla on July 19, 2016 12:59AM
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    I have had no issues whatsoever other than just a bit of lag in populated places.
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• snakester320
    snakester320
    ✭✭✭✭
    still cant help but think PS4 and XBONE were after thought cash grabs because the game failed to launch causing F2P so quickly!! Its so sad because if it was sorted right from the start it could of had a sub and made heaps of cash!!.. FFXIV ARR is great game and they easy have 6mill + subscribers!!! that pay!!!
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes if people play every day, they may not notice the gradual increases in lag. (Sort of like weight gain.) After taking a break for about two months and coming back, I could notice the drastic changes in the game performance. It felt nearly unplayable.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes if people play every day, they may not notice the gradual increases in lag. (Sort of like weight gain.) After taking a break for about two months and coming back, I could notice the drastic changes in the game performance. It felt nearly unplayable.

I still remember the first time I logged in to ESO after downloading the Dark Brotherhood patch. :smirk:

My character start menu looked different (cool) and the crafting bag (very cool) was there. I noticed how absolutely nothing around me was loading too, and it was really tough to actually scroll through my inventory.... At the time I justified it by saying: "It's Day One so everyone's logging in right now. Totally gonna fix itself!"

Problem is, those load screens in towns/empty zones/group dungeons, game stutters, low FPS, black player silhouettes/unloading NPCs for 1min-2min, etc...... This stuff was all here to stay. :(

FUN FACT: Remember when if you traveled to a wayshrine inside the zone you were in, the loading was instant or near-instant! It was back before Thieves Guild released. After Thieves Guild it was a little slower. Now it doesn't happen anymore *sigh
    Edited by Vaoh on July 19, 2016 8:18AM
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

@GreenhaloX
    Does deleting that file have any impact on settings or the like in game? Like do you delete your setting preferences, and thus have to customize everything again each time you delete that file?
    Edited by Rhazmuz on July 19, 2016 8:51AM
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU