Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Rubedo Hide Scraps

Boltonsquad
Boltonsquad
✭✭
I'm currently level 50 CP 150 fighting 160 Dreugh in Stonefalls with 50 clothing at what point will these start dropping?

Thanks

Best Answer

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you go to a Dlc or some dungeons rubedo will have a 50/50 chance of dropping if you have clothing at 10/10
    possibly PvP aswell but it has been a very long time since i ran around dungeons in Pvp so i can not confirm this)

you could start collecting them now it will cost you 9 skill points and you will need clothing to be a high enough level obviously

if you dont have the skill points to spend then you will have to wait until you are CR150 in these areas,

personally i havent dropped any rubedo scraps ouside of any of the DLC's

for guaranteed rubedo from these areas you need to be CR150 or highr & have 10/10 in clothing.
    Edited by bebynnag on July 16, 2016 10:19PM
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things, material level and character level go into what you get. Its around 50/50, but it varies on the balance. I have gone entire sessions and only got the L1 material, and other's where I have gotten mostly Ruby and everything in between.

You may have better luck in the DLCs until you are CP160, but I would imagine they would drop at 150.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Boltonsquad
    Boltonsquad
    ✭✭
    They do drop a little but not much in DLC zones currently grinding these to 160 as the density is crazy and exp is great
  • Boltonsquad
    Boltonsquad
    ✭✭
    Are there any decent farming locations in the DLCs similar to the Dreughs in Stonefalls?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any decent farming locations in the DLCs similar to the Dreughs in Stonefalls?

not that i can think off, there are a lot of durzog in one of the wrothgar delves (nikolvaras kennel i think its called) its no dreugh spot, but its the only thing that comes to mind.
  • Boltonsquad
    Boltonsquad
    ✭✭
    Thanks just one more question in regards to turning the scraps into leathers you can obtain gold materials from this do I need to be 160 CP and level 50 10/10 clothing for this to happen

Thanks
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    You need to have the skill points put into the 'unraveling' to get the best chance of getting gold tempers. You don't need to be cp160 as I understand, I have obtained 40odd upto cp160 through writs and refining. Get three points into it asap to stand the best chance.
    On Xbox one, I probably average 1-2 gold tempers per 200 refining, although I have done 200 before and got nowt!
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can refine the materials before you're 10/10 clothing but you can't craft with them until you're 10/10.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Boltonsquad
    Boltonsquad
    ✭✭
    Did about 600 shadow hide scraps and 200 Rubedo and got 6 so not too bad, back to farming now I have found a decent spot :)