Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can someone explain this?

Locksheon
Locksheon
✭✭✭
I made a lower level bow at level 50. Made it blue quality, and the damage is 1000+
My friend made the same type of bow from the same crafting bench. Used higher quality wood, a higher level, and made it purple, and it actually has LESS damage and set bonus stats???

VvKHvCp.jpg
Edited by Locksheon on July 15, 2016 8:47PM
www.twitch.tv/locksheon
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both screenshots have been taken in a scaled area. The lower level you are, the higher you are scaled. Difference between crafted level and char level also plays a role.

To compare, go to a nonscaled area, e.g. Starting zone.
  • Locksheon
    Locksheon
    ✭✭✭
    I had not considered this. Thank you. I'll check.

Yep, you were right. Thank you!
    Edited by Locksheon on July 15, 2016 9:34PM
    www.twitch.tv/locksheon
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread also illustrates just how much a lower level player is scaled up by Battle Leveling. And, Gear is leveled up too, as you can see. More so if it is improved. It explains why you can grind a zone like Wrothgar with low CPs and feel like a god, but as soon as you hit CP150* and Battle Leveling goes away, you feel weaker.

*Not sure exactly where the battle leveling stops, at CP150 or CP160, but you get the idea.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing this gets me wondering is how One Tamriel will take this into account. If every zone is scaled, how will we ever be able to tell what the actual numbers of a piece of equipment are?
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    The thing this gets me wondering is how One Tamriel will take this into account. If every zone is scaled, how will we ever be able to tell what the actual numbers of a piece of equipment are?

As far as I know a CP160 character won't be affected by scaling, so it'll only be an issue for low level characters, everyone else will be able to see the real stats.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This type of scaling is why having a level 40-49 character in the non-Vet campaign with Gold, level-appropriate gear causes you to have insanely good stats