Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with Build: Some Questions Regarding Healing/Restoration Staff for experienced healers

Amdar_Godkiller
Amdar_Godkiller
✭✭✭✭✭
So I've never played the role of a healer before, and primarily focus on Stam builds, but I decided to craft that Pelinal's 
set to see what kind of healing I could generate as a StamDK using primarily Restro skills and Echoing Vigor.

I had some questions regarding the Restro skill line

1. How much is a good heal?

I'm getting 10.5K not counting crits from Illustrious Healing (2.1K initial + 2.1K for each click), and about 13K per 5 seconds 
on Vigor. I've been practicing in the Gold Coast delves mostly.

The healing rotation I've developed is:, Rally,  Igneous Shield, Spell Symmetry, Cauterize, Structured Entropy, Rally, Echoing 
Vigor, Spell Symmetry, Illustrious Healing, Igneous Shield, Rally 

Then I go into my abridged DPS rotation, utilizing Entropy to empower my Dizzying Swing after laying down Dots/Aoe. Which 
leads me to wonder...

2. When does a healer heal and when should a healer throw damage (aside from weaving)?

And

3. What does a typical healing rotation look like? (I'm guessing it doesn't involve self-mutilation covered by layers brutality)

4. Also which spells are most effective/interesting/vital from the skill line? I've Only unlocked the first two thus far, but 
I leveled up and morphed the first one in roughly 4 minutes!

(I just discovered that Combat Prayer is a thing, and it sounds glorious!)

5. Vitality potions, Malubeth, and Major mending all stack right?

6. Tips and Pointers with regard to grouping, dungeons, PvP, etc?

Currently the build looks as follows:

Dunmer Stam Vamp Cp 501 (527)

32.9K Stam, 18.7K Magic, 19.5K Health (melee bar), 21.2K (staff bar)

2920 Spell and Weapon Damage unbuffed (staff) And well over 3600 buffed

3250 Unbuffed on melee bar with a hair under 4K buffed

crit buffed is around 32% for magic and 40ish for Stam

Regen is 880 Magic, 1150 Stam, 310 Health (with Stage 3 Vampirism, so potentially 620)

Armor

Pelinals Heavy Cuirass prismatic infused and legendary
Pelinals Medium  Bracers (legendary) and Helmet (epic) both prismatic infused
Pelinals Light Sash: legendary, prismatic, infused

kena medium Helmet Infused with gold stam enchantment (legendary)

Leki Arm Cops - legendary, stam enchant, divines
Leki Boots- legendary, infused, prismatic

Agility Jewelry all robust with weapons damaged

Leki Great Sword- Legendary, Sharpened, with Weapon Damage Enchantment

Pelinals Restro Staff- Legendary, Powered, Crusher Enchant (usually running Health and Vitality draining poison over it though)

Two-Handed Bar:

1. Reverse Slice, 2. Venomous Claw, 3. Echoing Vigor, 4. Dizzying Swing, 5. Rally, and 6. Shooting Star

Restro Bar (only level 7 currently)

1. Silver Leash/Cauterize/Inner Light/Eruption, 2. Spell Symmetry, 3. Illustrious Healing, 4. Structured Entropy, 5. Igneous Shield 
6. Flawless Dawnbreaker

Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on July 16, 2016 9:10AM
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying this build.

Just 3-manned the Dragon in Wrothgar with it in like a 80 seconds, with 0 deaths among us. 
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if you're enjoying your build it's fine, even though I never thought about using that kind of setup.
    To answer some of your questions:
    1. My healing springs crit for about 5k, but 2k non crit should be enough for most situations (apart from veteran trials)
    2. Heal when they are about to die, do something else when they have full health^^
    3. It's hard to have a fixed rotation. Basicly keep up your hots and apply major mending before the group takes heavy damage. But if your tank is at 5% hp better use an instant heal on him even if that means you can't refresh one of your hots.
    4. Depends a bit on the content and your group, but yes, combat prayer is awesome.
    5. Yes
    6. Don't get discouraged when people insult you. Bad players usually blame the healer when they fail to avoid damage from a boss mechanic.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really appreciate the response!

The crazy thing is, I think I'm hitting harder than I was before.  

I'm thinking with Pelinals, the major sorcery boon could be stacking on top of my 
    major and minor brutality buffs, and throwing empowerment on top, which is
    why I was excited about minor berserk from combat prayer. I don't have access 
    to that buff

I also feel pretty close to immortal. LOL. I typically just use Rally for self-heals, and
    my recovery has been an issue since I turned Vamp, so
    having so much Healing energy pulsing around me has been a dramatic, but
    Welcome, change. 

I'm thinking I might slot trap beast instead of silver leash for extra crit modifier, 
    and maybe opt for Warhorn over Shooting Star.Prophecy/savagery potions are 
    the way to go for crit, and perphaps crit draining crafted poisons for a bit more umph.

1. With the potions I should be able to get 2 of 5 ticks from both heals to Crit typically.
    So 7.2K combined crit, and 4.7K non-crit, would be an average combined tick of
    roughly 5.6K, and more with Force buffs. 

2. When they are about to die. Check.

3. I'll just give the tank some vitality potions. I can always use Illustrious Healing on the 
    tank and Melee area and then stick near any ranged DPS to keep them fresh with Vigor.

4. I'm going Berserk for it. At the very least, it will boost my spell power to 33% above normal
    along with my Brutalities.

5. I just got the Malubeth helm today. Training trait sadly...

6. :smile: ) If I got discouraged every time someone insulted me, then I wouldn't have made a Stam 
    Healer out of spite in the first place, right?