Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Unique Weapon Enchants

Purdomination33
Purdomination33
✭✭✭
Opened a few PvP Elite Armor boxes. One of the weapons I got was a Dominion Greatsword with an enchantment I had not seen before. It doesn't have a name just say's Enchantment: Reduce Target's Spell Resist and Physical Resist by 1498 for 5 Seconds (purple quality). This is not a craftable Glyph is it? Seems like a useful enchant.
Mediocre AD StamDK.
BiS wine drinker.
Award winning dog owner.
Disappointing husband.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not a craftable Glyph is it?
    Not that i know of, i don't have that one in my list ...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/66580/spoiler-enchanting-list-of-rune-translations-and-glyph-combinations/p1
    idea.gif
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opened a few PvP Elite Armor boxes. One of the weapons I got was a Dominion Greatsword with an enchantment I had not seen before. It doesn't have a name just say's Enchantment: Reduce Target's Spell Resist and Physical Resist by 1498 for 5 Seconds (purple quality). This is not a craftable Glyph is it? Seems like a useful enchant.

I am pretty sure that is a "Glyph of Crushing". Rekuta + Deteri + Itade should make same thing at an enchanting table.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crushing would be the closest Glyph, but not sure if they added Spell Resist to that or not.

There is at least one other unique enchantment in the game, the one on the Prismatic Weapon you get from the FG MQ. That does extra damage to Undead
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Crushing would be the closest Glyph, but not sure if they added Spell Resist to that or not.

There is at least one other unique enchantment in the game, the one on the Prismatic Weapon you get from the FG MQ. That does extra damage to Undead

Isn't that the same effect you get from applying a Hakeijo essence rune to a weapon, though? Just that nobody does that because prismatic defense.

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they added Spell Resist to Crusher glyph with Dark Brotherhood. They increased the values on most weapon glyphs and added a few effects, like Spell Resist on Crusher and Spell Damage on Weapon Damage weapon glyph.

"Spell Damage on Weapon Damage weapon glyph" sounds really awkward! The glyph is still called "Weapon Damage" despite giving both Spell Damage and Weapon Damage now, and it is a "weapon" glyph to differentiate it from the jewelry glyphs that still only give one or the other of Spell Damage or Weapon Damage, not both.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Yes, they added Spell Resist to Crusher glyph with Dark Brotherhood. They increased the values on most weapon glyphs and added a few effects, like Spell Resist on Crusher and Spell Damage on Weapon Damage weapon glyph.
    That would explain it, gotta update my list ...
    smile.gif

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't that the same effect you get from applying a Hakeijo essence rune to a weapon, though? Just that nobody does that because prismatic defense.

Yep, forgot about that obscure combo, using it with a Negative Potency gives extra damage on a weapon against deadra. But, I don't think anyone would waste a 50,000 gold rune on a questionable weapon damage glyph.

And, until IC came out, it was the only way to get that enchantment.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"