Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sheogorath's Eyes... [CONTAINS MINOR SPOILERS]

milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Minor cosmetic point, but I'm wondering why ZOS chose to give Sheogorath plain, white eyes instead of the cat eyes he has in previous Elder Scrolls titles.

I know Daedric princes can appear any way they wish, but I'm thinking that using a simple set of golden Khajiit eyes would make him...pop a bit more.
  • rb2001
    rb2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he's poorly implemented.

His eyes don't look where he's "looking". His movements and mannerisms, facial expressions don't match what he is doing or saying.

He stands there like a block of wood but sounds like he is shouting at the top of his lungs.

Yes, some will read this ands ay "well he's mad, he's supposed to be jarring" and such, but I do not believe that holds water in this case. He is not animating or behaving correctly with respect to where he is looking or the tone of his voice.

He isn't emoting properly with regards to the rage he expresses sometimes. His face remains the same with the boring straight white eyes looking to the side of you.

It's a minor thing (because most of us are done with those quests now), but he could do with a large improvement.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we're complaining about Sheogorath, I'm just going to drop in with the standard complaint that I was disappointed they didn't get Wes Johnson to do his voice this time.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Abeh
    Abeh
    I'm disappointed with his outward appeareance in general. From
    one game to the next he always looked completely different while
    still being an old man with a beard. His face and clothes always
    changed completely, so I hoped to see an entirely differently
    looking Sheogorath, but they basically retained his appeareance
    from Skyrim except for his left sleeve. They could have gone so
    wild with his design, yet they just changed the sleeve. Everything
    would make sense with him, he could have had blue eyes with x-shaped
    pupils, silver lipstick , purple pants with green hearts and other weird
    and absurd fashion craziness (preferably something that I did not design,
    as the examples above clearly show that I would absolutly
    have no future as a fashion designer, I just wanted to point out that
    you can go wild on his appeareance as long as you keep him an old
    man with a beard, other people can surly give him a fantastic and
    pretty new design).

I also agree with his movements and facial expressions
    not fitting to his actions and speech. It looked better in Oblivion,
    where you could see an immediate change in his face as he changed
    from anger to joy to all kinds of emotions within the same speech.
    In ESO he mostly just stands around and tries to move as little as
    possible, but it doesn't fit him at all. He hates Jygallag because
    Jygallag makes everything orderly and static, so why would you
    expect him stand around with the same face all the time?
    He is crazy, so you should see him laughing hysterically, shouting
    loudly, dancing etc, changing from one action to the next within few moments.
    Look at the Wabbajack, it depicts him withall kinds of emotions, so you should
    actually see him doing thatas he is known for his random emotional
    outbreaks and standing around like a tree does not qualify as an emotional outbreak to me.

On the other hand, what I do actually like about him in ESO is that
    he is not depicted as the friendly old man he was in Oblivion and Skyrim.
    For once he is not the charmingly weird uncle who all people love but
    a psychopath who shows his murderous side. He sets a guy on fire for
    his amusement, sends crazy people after you while laughing as you slaughter
    them and turns Valaste slowly crazy ,which she calls "a fate worse than death"
    if I remember correctly, just to torture Shalidor. I also like the fact that he sends
    you to the Dementia side of the Shivering Isles for the Mages Guild quests as
    it really shows that this time, you get a taste of his unfriendly side without cheese
    for anybody.

To sum it up: I like how he is depicted storywise, but his outward appeareance and
    movement could have been way, way better.
  • netch_a_sketch
    netch_a_sketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one seems to have mentioned the embarrassing amount of cheese jokes in ESO.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must not do it can't stop. So it's time to cut the cheese?
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    The jokes were mildly irritating to me. I think the fact that his eyes are white is he like the prophet has looked at the elder scrolls due to his thirst for knowledge. The prophet was out of concern for the world :)
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, this Khajiit wants ucle Leo to have cat's eyes :smile: