The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Fire Scales

Asgari
Asgari
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
60 FPS, 80 ping, Sinpe goes through reflect in a 2v1 while it is clearly up and being continuously casted. Why is it still broken and why is it not fixed in update 11?
Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
Princess Asgari | Sorc
Asgari | NB
-Asgari | Stamplar
Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
Banner Down!
No Mercy
Youtube: Asgari
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never tested it but I have also suspected bow is going through it at times. You can just tell stuff is going through it.

Also I think it is getting double mitigated on its way in and out. Not from armor but perhaps from cp defense like hardy/ elemental defender. Again, I have not been able to do a full test but I have done some quick preliminary tests and the numbers don't add up. It may also be why no one cares about reflect any more and why they continue to fire through while their healer covers them. They are no longer afraid of the buffed damage return because its just not doing much damage.

I won't be able to test till the weekend so if someone has an easier opportunity to test it please do.

Here is my preliminary test if anyone wants to check the numbers to see if it adds up...

Poison injection hits the caster for 2021. The casters tooltip damage reads 5k and he has 11k physical defense. When it hits him it will utilize my penetration, which is 4k penetration. (reflect uses your penetration, unknown if it stacks with casters penetration) So his actual physical defense is 7k.
    Edited by Armitas on June 27, 2016 9:29PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it seems like only one snipe or poison injection can be reflected. Not the 4 that should be.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snipes and other bow abilites from -stealth- cannot be reflected. This also applies to bow light and heavy attacks I believe.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on June 27, 2016 11:42PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Snipes and other bow abilites from -stealth- cannot be reflected. This also applies to bow light and heavy attacks I believe.
    This.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that is stupid.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bow attacks from stealth for sure can't be reflected even if you clearly have reflect up before the bow cast and hit. Randomly projectiles will clearly hit you through reflect, however bow seems to be the most common and most problematic.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only is bow going through scales when they're clearly up, but it's also the leading cause of my health de-syncs as well. :s
    'Chaos
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I need to finally make a video for all the bugs with wings.

Problems
    1. Can't reflect attacks from stealth. Maybe this is intended. Dunno.
    2. Debuffs and DoTs from reflected projectiles will still hit you (poison arrow, lethal injection, clench, etc).
    3. I think there is an internal cooldown, e.g. when you many hit you at the same time. Hence the behavior Asgari is describing.
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Problems
    2. Debuffs and DoTs from reflected projectiles will still hit you (poison arrow, lethal injection, clench, etc).
    3. I think there is an internal cooldown, e.g. when you many hit you at the same time. Hence the behavior Asgari is describing.

I'm thinking the internal cooldown might be right. Hit a AD DK outside BRK last night with a medium attack followed by a crystal frag. The medium attack was reflected back, but the frag went right through the reflect.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Same. It's not just stealth attacks going through.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you need a dummy to test on I am well equipped for such tasks.

I also want to see what happens when a dk casts reflect and shoots a dk with reflect on. I have noticed that a lot of bow shots that go through come from dks. Maybe dual reflects cancel eachother out as the mechanism to prevent reflect bouncing? I don't know for sure I have just observed some DKs repeatedly and consistently going through reflect using a bow.

Edited by Armitas on June 28, 2016 1:43PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea its not working on console either
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reflect damage is bugged and is using your own mitigation against you.

With 59 in elemental defender I reflected a shard for 7908.
    with 0 in elemental defender I reflected the same shard for 8592

Tested against sorc shield. Elemental defender shows 17.3%, however the reflect is being mitigated by 8.6% which is suspiciously half of 17.3%. I do not know why it is half of elemental defender but it is.

My CP is mitigating the reflect. No wonder why no one cares to stop shooting when wings go up.

It may go deeper but that is as far as I checked. It could also include crit resistance for all I know. But it does explain why reflects are doing less than base damage, rather than 35% more than base damage.

I heard that hardy/elemental defender applies before shields so I am not surprised that this is happening.
    Edited by Armitas on July 11, 2016 12:35PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What did we need the 4 projectiles limit for anyway? It makes zero difference in a 1v1 (what the game is supposedly balanced around ;) ) and it just makes it easier for a DK to get zerged.

It's like beating a dead horse, I know, but I think it's worthwhile bringing it up anyway since scales has been buggy ever since they implemented that limit.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can't be. This only became a problem in 1.6 when ZOS added the 4 projectile limit and violated the coding with their ineptness. Wings reliably reflected stealth bow attacks in 1.5 and prior.
    Edited by Lord_Hev on July 10, 2016 10:13PM
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • loki547
    loki547
    ✭✭✭✭
    60 FPS, 80 ping, Sinpe goes through reflect in a 2v1 while it is clearly up and being continuously casted. Why is it still broken and why is it not fixed in update 11?

Clearly an L2P issue for Scrubgari.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There probably is a hard to track down bug, in addition there's another "feature" that can be taken advantage of with bows and is supposed to guarantee it bypasses wings.

I always forget which one, but on the regular bug, I think one of the morphs of snipe always goes through wings, or at least that was a bug that was present as of IC or orsinium.
    Edited by Zheg on July 10, 2016 10:40PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cause ZoS hates DKs and tanks ?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The stealth attacks ignoring reflect is a very old bug, seems they've brought that one back. Why can't they do that with the purge bug? =[

rip decibel
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopped online last night for the first time in two weeks.
    Rage quit after dying twice in a row to bow projectiles going through wings.

gg wp zos
    'Chaos
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't be. This only became a problem in 1.6 when ZOS added the 4 projectile limit and violated the coding with their ineptness. Wings reliably reflected stealth bow attacks in 1.5 and prior.

PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have the feeling that projectiles casted more than 28m away cannot be reflected and go through reflective scales.
    Because I can!
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't matter to the players what's new or old bug wise with the skill. What matters is that it's fixed, and seeing how long these issues have been around I fear it may never work right.
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish my snipe was going through :P
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol