Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problems with Malabal Tor quest 'A Novel Idea'

Asha_11_ESO
Asha_11_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems completing the quest 'A Novel Idea' in Malabal Tor.

I get to the part where I need to splash Hoarvor Blood on the four furs inside the tree. When I'm say 40 yards away I can see the quest/interaction indicators on each fur, but when I get close they disappear and I can't interact. I've tried abandoning the quest, logging out to character screen, exiting game completely as well as launcher, restarting my computer, teleporting to another zone, and waiting a day or so.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was tricky for me too, as the furs are hanging above. You may need to guide your crosshairs a bit to the left or right of the actual fur, to get the interaction button. For some reason, being "dead center" doesn't activate the pop-up option.
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. I can see the quest indicators on all the furs, and the blue indicator comes on but as I get within a few feet the indicators pop off and I cannot target the furs with the blood. I've logged, I've abandoned the quest and here I am looking for solutions. I've also tried targeting from all over the room, and from a distance, and up and down. Anyone?
  • Shrinkwrap
    Shrinkwrap
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got the animal skins to light up. I ran into the quest giver in the cavern where you have to defeat a spinners red monster(I don't remember the proper name sorry) not too far from the trees ramp. Then as you go up the tree all the way, you run into the quest giver again, saying the same thing. I went at this point, having not defeated the spinner's red monster, and got the hoarder blood and flesh from the first mammoth. Eeewww.... that's when I ran into problems with the quest indicators not lighting up at the animal skins. After trying everything I could think of, I went back into the cavern near the lowest ramp, killed the red monster thing, and then back up the ramp and the indicators were working. I was then able to finish the quest.