Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sneaking (focusing on TG and DB)

KimberlyannKitsuragi
I have a NB. To me it seems like the most suited class for sneaking and such. For some reason I can't seem to make a NB build that I can enjoy, stick with, and get the most out of. I know this seems like an open ended question but is there any advice I can get from you fine forum goers
Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything

Best Answers

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what race is your nightblade?
    do you want to be a tank, healer, mDD or sDD?

and what do you want to do, just PvE TG/DB quests?
    Dungeons?
    Trials?
    PvP?

there is no one size fits all nightblade it depends on what you want to get out of the game
    Answer ✓
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok woodelf night blade is a strong stam dps,
    so if you want to do a lot of damage i would suggest you focus on stamina but if you wanted to just have fun you could try magic, although maybe making a seperate magic nightblade would be fun

but for your woofelf bow is a strong weapon for ranged sneaky attacks (plus you learn bow really quickly because youre an Welf)
    dual wield, 2 handed are both good for various different reasons

1 hand & shield is more defensive/tanking but if you want to try all weapons, i say go for it, it may help you it may not - who knows untill you try?

i would advise joining a guild, try to find one where people are happy to help one another out, re crafting armour/weapons. (typically they ask for the materials but giving them an in game gift is often appriciated) what platform server are you on btw?

if you want to concentrate on sneaking there is a really nice set called nights silence, and it only needs 3 traits to make, and its quite easy to get 3 traits treasonably quickly, esp if you switched to dual weild, you only need to research sword, axes or daggers & make 2 from the set

what the set does is it gives you stamina, stamina recovery, weapon criticle, and negates the slow effect you get when sneaking, i use this set on my my max level characters for TG & DB quests, heists & sacraments and it makes it A lot easier :)

there are some great guides online for how to crafting

if you are on xbox eu i can meet you in game & explain a lot easier than i could here.
    Edited by bebynnag on July 10, 2016 5:42PM
    Answer ✓
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no mac, so :'(

but yeah because its only a 3 trait set, a lot of people will be able to help you out with that set, and the fifth piece really helps with the pve sneaking :)
    Answer ✓
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Wood elf (I'm willing to remake if necessary). I'm better at PVE :) I want to mainly focus on TG, DB, MG, FG, UD, and main story :) I want to have amazing DPS. I want to level all weapon and armor skill lines if that's possible.

In short I want to learn everything but guilds and main story are my primary objectives.
    Edited by KimberlyannKitsuragi on July 10, 2016 5:25PM
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Sadly I'm on NA Mac server. Feel free to friend me if you have a toon on the NA server :) I have a guild already (Azuras Guidance) :) thank you loads for your advice