Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Peoples of Coldharbour

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
Can anyone please explain to me why the people of Coldharbour cannot or won't go back to Tamriel using the Wayshrines? Why would they want to live there if there an easy option to just go and get back?

As far as I can see, Coldharbour is better connected (easier to go) with Tamriel than Mage's Guild little island, Eyevea?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhh... don't point out inconsistencies. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    As understand it the Vestige is the only one with the capability to use wayshrines.
    Corvus theorized that, if one only knew how, the wayshrines could be used as a permanent portal network by which one could travel rapidly across Tamriel. He speculated that such a "fast traveler" would need to somehow attune himself to a wayshrine, which would add its "node" to the traveler's "web of sojourn."

However, in order to learn how to do this, the great Direnni wizard believed a mortal's soul would have to be, temporarily or permanently, "unmoored from the Mundus." I am not at all certain what that phrase means, and if Lord Corvus understood it, none of his written memoirs explain what he meant by it. Based on my studies of the notebooks left behind in Lord Corvus' workshop in Direnni Tower, proof and implementation of this theory eluded him, and eventually he abandoned it to return to perfecting variations on Koron's Peremptory Summons.

From Wayshrines of Tamriel
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As understand it the Vestige is the only one with the capability to use wayshrines.
    agree.gif

They don't because they can't. Only *you* can use them.

Well, you and all the other soul-less special snowflakes that run around everywhere.
    cheer.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on July 8, 2016 6:36PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For every NPC in the game, a Wayshrine is just a Gazebo with a Glowing Flame in the middle of it. All they can do is roast weenies and make smores at the Wayshrine.

However, if you really want to delve into something, why is Angier Stower both in the Coldharbor Bank and the Daggerfall Bank?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    However, if you really want to delve into something, why is Angier Stower both in the Coldharbor Bank and the Daggerfall Bank?
    I remember it being explained somewhere in-game.

It's been several months so the details are a bit foggy but i can assure you, her Coldharbor self is just as annoying as her Daggerfall counterpart.
    biggrin.gif
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. Makes sense. Especially that book Wayshrines of Tamriel. :) Didn't read it, my bad!