Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Recipes

dannymcgr81b14_ESO
dannymcgr81b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Are level 1 green provisioning recipes worth anything or should I just vendor them? I've been trying out a lot of new characters lately and my bank is filling up with recipes.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not worth much, I vendor all of mine
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are level 1 green provisioning recipes worth anything or should I just vendor them? I've been trying out a lot of new characters lately and my bank is filling up with recipes.

learn them or vendor them if youve already learned them.

low level blue recipes are usually worth big money.

• dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers! I'll vendor the greens and sell the blues.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

learn them or vendor them if youve already learned them.

low level blue recipes are usually worth big money.

FWIW for low level characters the delicacies from wrothgar are wonderful. max health plus stat regen from any level and 2 hours a pop and they keep scaling as you advance.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

TBH depends I sell on guild traders and some are worth way more then vendor price..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends, there are some rare Green Recipes. But, they are not all that rare.

However, recipes used for Writs do have value, just price them less than you can buy them for from a Vendor, I usually go about 50% or so.

Also, other than the Green Recipes that drop in Wrothgar, all the time, in every writ container, until the end of time, do move in the Guild Stores at a decent price, in the 30 to 40 gold
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again! I'm not in any guilds so I can't use guild traders.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As mentioned above green recipes needed for writs have value, as long as you price well below the NPC price.

Other than that, most rank 2-5 recipes will go for a lot more than their vendor value to a collector. I spent 1,000 on the last green I needed because after 30+ stores I only found one person selling it. (Only works with rare recipes) But that's a long patient sell process waiting for the right buyer to come along. If you don't have access to a guild trader, probably best to just vendor them. If you do some day, however, they are great filler to hit your full 30 item cap.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    As mentioned above green recipes needed for writs have value, as long as you price well below the NPC price.

Other than that, most rank 2-5 recipes will go for a lot more than their vendor value to a collector. I spent 1,000 on the last green I needed because after 30+ stores I only found one person selling it. (Only works with rare recipes) But that's a long patient sell process waiting for the right buyer to come along. If you don't have access to a guild trader, probably best to just vendor them. If you do some day, however, they are great filler to hit your full 30 item cap.

i got 100k for a blue recipe.

blue level 2/2 recipes all go for big money.

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I collect quite a few recipes during the week from exploring and doing provisioning writs. I usually sell them for just over the 9g vendor price(trader listing fee) to help out new provisioners.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    I need 2 more recipes
    Peacock pie
    And the rarest of all Hearthfire vegetable salad
    Xb1 eu LeeDa1Gooner if you know of any £££
    Edited by saxgooner on July 9, 2016 5:52PM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    saxgooner wrote: »
    I need three more recipes
    Peacock pie
    Colovian roast turkey
    And the rarest of all Hearthfire vegetable salad
    Xb1 eu LeeDa1Gooner if you know of any £££

bummer that youre on eu. i have multiples of all of these in my stock.

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Goddamit, just my luck
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

sell them, get at least blue or purple recipes