The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Losing Sound on Any Headset

Avalon
Avalon
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm losing sound on headset. I normally use a wireless headset, and started losing sound after last maintenance. I tried unplugging the USB and replugging it, and sound comes back for a few seconds, but then goes away again. So, I tried a different headset, this time wired. Same problem. Unplug/replug fixes for a couple seconds. Different brands of headset even. And this started right after maintenance was over. I can listen to game/chat through TV, but then cannot respond.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug related to the game not your headset, it has been happening to lots of people since wednesdays patch. As far as I can tell all you can do is unplug and replug your headset it appears to fix it for a short duration.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but as active as this game is, players can't be expected to replug, then wait 3-5 seconds for the headset to settle, then get four seconds of sound, then replug again... That isn't even a 'work-around' that is annoying but works, it's just not feasible. And this game requires a great deal of chatting, and no text-box makes headset pretty much an imperative.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    I'm losing sound on headset. I normally use a wireless headset, and started losing sound after last maintenance. I tried unplugging the USB and replugging it, and sound comes back for a few seconds, but then goes away again. So, I tried a different headset, this time wired. Same problem. Unplug/replug fixes for a couple seconds. Different brands of headset even. And this started right after maintenance was over. I can listen to game/chat through TV, but then cannot respond.

I was doing Crypt of Hearts again last night (GIVE ME MY HELMET) and I had to turn off the sound completely! OMG That sucked!

Oh yea finally read the whole thing, yup unplug and replug it back in works for me for chat!
    Edited by Aeaeren on July 1, 2016 12:12PM
  • Morbiduchess
    Morbiduchess
    ✭✭
    Losing hearing on my headset too as well as all of my guild members. Among other things it's really annoying to all of the sudden lose contact with your entire group. Getting pretty sick of all the bugs. Eso plus member
    Edited by Morbiduchess on July 1, 2016 3:37PM
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried making an Xbox party (just me in the party), and I could play the game with sound... But, can't use the in-game chat then. So, unless we want to run very small guilds, or raids, still not a viable way to fix the issue as there is a limit to Xbox party size I believe (like 12-16 or something? Maybe smaller?)
  • korey175ub17_ESO
    Avalon wrote: »
    I tried making an Xbox party (just me in the party), and I could play the game with sound... But, can't use the in-game chat then. So, unless we want to run very small guilds, or raids, still not a viable way to fix the issue as there is a limit to Xbox party size I believe (like 12-16 or something? Maybe smaller?)

The new keyboard chat support would help with being able to communicate. Not out until August unfortunately. Should have been something installed from the start. Oh well. That's only one of many bugs needing fixed.
  • mtneergirl
    mtneergirl
    Soul Shriven
    This is happening to me as well and it's very annoying!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me too!
  • ichrahem
    ichrahem
    Soul Shriven
    Same here and I fear that pugging and unplugging so often will result in the port to stop working any time.