The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If I unlink my eso account from a gamertag...

ThulsaDoomDC
ThulsaDoomDC
✭✭✭
Can I link it to a different GT and keep my characters?

I've been using my buddy's XB1 to play eso (I bought the game and he doesn't play it, it's my eso account) but have purchased my own and would like to transfer my characters over to my actual gamertag so I don't have to use his gamertag to play. Can this be done?
XBOX NA - mDK CP 488
Better Dead Than Red

Best Answer

• TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No my dear. Here's how it works. You can manually unlink the account from a gamertag but you can only relink it to that same account without zos help.
    So unlink it from your gamertag first, put in the support ticket with the info of where you want it linked so they can do it manually. They may require some verification such as the name of all your characters so write that down ahead of time. Once they link to your new gamertag you're set.
    If you've been playing on his Xbox but using your own gamertag you do NOT need to go thru this, just simply sign out of the old Xbox and login to the new one with your gamertag.
    Answer ✓
  • ThulsaDoomDC
    ThulsaDoomDC
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GaryA

Would appreciate some insight to this.
    XBOX NA - mDK CP 488
    Better Dead Than Red
  • ThulsaDoomDC
    ThulsaDoomDC
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you
    XBOX NA - mDK CP 488
    Better Dead Than Red
  • ShadowGenesisxx
    ShadowGenesisxx
    Soul Shriven
    Did you ever get some help on this? I'm having the same problem. I bought the game and created an account on my brother's GT since I didn't have one at the time. But now, I have created a GT for myself and am wondering the same thing as you.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer is NO.

You should've downloaded your Xbox live account into their Xbox one.
    If they were logged into their Xbox one and not the game, you would have access to all their games on their console.
    If they set that Xbox one as their home console, you'd have access to their games using your own gamertag without them being logged on as well as their Xbox live gold

Because you've played on their gamertag, technically your outside of Xbox Live rules, therefore you must start over.
    You should never share accounts, but game sharing is fine (not Xbl accounts tho)

You will need to create a new account under your own gamertags that you purchased the game under and play there.
    Any unbound items can be mailed over tho

Ref from: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 6, 2016 5:27PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501