Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

hirelings need to be buffed

gdefter
gdefter
✭✭
Im sure this may have been posted before,but this is my first post in the crafting caregory of the forum.The rate of acquiring gold mats from daily hirelings is literally non existant,since the imperial city dlc release back in november,i dont believe i ever got an alloy,and the amounts of waxes kutas or rosins i got can be counted by the fingers of only one palm,seriously the only acceptable ,well more than the others that is,is the provisioning hireling,other than this the hirelings are useless.They need to be buffed to an extent that you can get at least an alloy every 3 or 4 days in my opinion,something like 20% chance ,even 15% would be acceptable provided the amount of characters a player owns.What is your opinion guys?
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten a few, the more characters you have doing it the better the odds. I have 7 characters level 50 collecting mail for blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking, and enchanting; occasionally I get gold stuff. I have them all doing their daily writs as well when I have the material for it, that doubles your chances at getting more gold mats and some surveys. I stopped doing cooking hireling, I have an over-abundance of 150CP purple food and not enough characters to consume it all.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on July 5, 2016 3:09AM
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few mails with 2 dreugh wax in them.
    Also if you really want them try and find a farm location?
    The hirelings are just about luck :(
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you farm regularly, hirelings are a waste of skill points imo. But if you don't farm often enough, they do help. Along with doing your writs.
    Edited by Eshelmen on July 5, 2016 1:22PM
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 D Wax , 1 T Alloy a bunch of Rosin though and 2 Kuta as of last week ( I get excited when I get them :wink: )

+1 OP
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get Golds from my Hirelings, just not as often as I was back in the Spring. Lately it is has been pretty dry and Writs are where I am getting the Gold Tempers from on a regular basis.

The trick to Hirelings is to run them on multiple characters. Running them on one character is just asking for frustration. Same with doing Writs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are pretty tight
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For about a year after the games release, hirelings were our only source of gold level mats, and they dropped yellow mats fairly often. Then ZOS decided that hirelings were too OP'ed and nerfed them into the ground, coming out with their time sink crafting writs instead. At first if you did the crafting writs, they would drop gold level mats on a regular basis, but lately those have been nerfed as well. I always feel that ZOS makes tweaks to the drop rates to cool down the economy.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to fire mine . Haven't seen a gold in months .
  • gdefter
    gdefter
    ✭✭
    The writs are pretty reliable,farming not as much.I farmed 400 ruby ore only to get two alloys out of them,the solvents and some other materials are all welcome,but lets just be honest alloys are what matters.Plus i have 3 characters with max woodworking blacksmuthing and clothing so i get 6 hirelinga per day,but again i very rarely get even one gokd material,though i seem to get kutas more often than others.