Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ETA on group finder fix for console?

Swernik
Swernik
✭✭✭
Does anybody know when they will most likely fix the group finder on console?
It is broken now for a while. I tried to find a group soo many times and waited for around 30 minutes each time to find one and never found a group.
I really really hope they fix this soon, and don't wait till update 11.

I think it is really strange, when ESO released on console, it worked good, you could even find trial groups... and now it doesn't work at all.... great.

Thanks for reading
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swernik wrote: »
    Does anybody know when they will most likely fix the group finder on console?
    It is broken now for a while. I tried to find a group soo many times and waited for around 30 minutes each time to find one and never found a group.
    I really really hope they fix this soon, and don't wait till update 11.

I think it is really strange, when ESO released on console, it worked good, you could even find trial groups... and now it doesn't work at all.... great.

Thanks for reading

Can we get a soon gif?
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    It damn well better be soon.

Zenimax did a good job making it easy to level up new characters to L50 and removing the vet level grind, them made it pointless by breaking the matchmaking.

What's the point of making a new character to experience a class or role you haven't had a chance to try if you never get a chance to take it into a dungeon to try it out?
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭

Zenimax did a good job making it easy to level up new characters to L50 and removing the vet level grind, them made it pointless by breaking the matchmaking.

What's the point of making a new character to experience a class or role you haven't had a chance to try if you never get a chance to take it into a dungeon to try it out?

Yeah and makes it very hard - impossible, to grind undaunted to max level since grouping is so hard.
    Though i think console text chat will help out
  • YeOldeGamer
    YeOldeGamer
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, you want an ETA? You must be new here.
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have to wait until they accidentally stumble across a fix.....
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, you want an ETA? You must be new here.

HAHA! That is so true! I'm still waiting for the PC fix. I'm guessing I'll be dead by then.....
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just received this CSR response:

"The extra hampsters have been dispatched to deal with the eternal loading screens, more crashes than Courtney Love on a Monday, and vanished NPCs. More hampsters to follow--we've contacted several pet shops already (hopefully, they poke holes in the shipping-boxes this time).

If you'll excuse me, I have to get back to rolling in the hook$&@ and b!0w from ya'lls' Crown Store addiction."
    Edited by Peekachu99 on July 1, 2016 1:16AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MYSwD2X.jpg
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    On a serious note, I'm hoping the devs realize that it's NOT working as intended, and a fix should be in the works at the very least.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It will be fixed on .... hey have you all seen the new costumes in the crown store, they are really cool...... and by the way new content is in PTS ready for the next patch, check out the exciting changes and new dungeons... and if you still have a problem please raise a ticket.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16q254.jpg
  • LordStarwalker
    On Xbox One, if I try to use the Dungeon Finder to get into a random dungeon... I never make it into one before my game session ends (over an hour).

However, if I select a specific dungeon and queue for that one... then after a while, I get in.
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't work on PC either. It's been broken since DB, so it's been a few weeks. No ETA of course.

Don't hold your breath.
  • lDcoyl
    lDcoyl
    ✭✭
    Would be nice to get some kind of statement, put people at ease, let them know its been identified and being worked on.
  • LordStarwalker
    lDcoyl wrote: »
    Would be nice to get some kind of statement, put people at ease, let them know its been identified and being worked on.

Well ZOS did make a statement that they are aware of the issues, are working on some fixes and will be testing them soon. Then they also added that for Xbox One, the fixes had to be certified by Microsoft before going live. They talked about this on the last ESO Live Twitch stream: https://twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/74304741

So, I for one was happy to hear them acknowledge the issues and reveal they are working on a solution.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Is ZOS not embarassed by the amount of people that no longer expect them to have the ability to fix the problems in the game.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would really help if they would post that information into a sticky thread in all relevant forums.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would really help if they would post that information into a sticky thread in all relevant forums.

Really???
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swernik wrote: »

Yeah and makes it very hard - impossible, to grind undaunted to max level since grouping is so hard.
    Though i think console text chat will help out

This.

Group I usually run with have left due to the performance in both PvE and PvP, plus group finder simply doesn't work. Managed to get a three hour queue yesterday before I gave up. God knows how I'm going to get undaunted up on my alts.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any updates since ESO Live on the fixes being worked on?
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are in that coming DLC hole. Where a dlc is on the ptr but not released. So i would be surprised if anything gets fixed. It will all get pushed to the next dlc.

And if it isnt fixed then they will make a couple attempts but then we will be in the coming dlc hole again and the pattern will repeat.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are in that coming DLC hole. Where a dlc is on the ptr but not released. So i would be surprised if anything gets fixed. It will all get pushed to the next dlc.

And if it isnt fixed then they will make a couple attempts but then we will be in the coming dlc hole again and the pattern will repeat.

Considering the notes for PTC I fear that the fixes for the GF will be done with that release and not earlier. I'm assuming the stability fixes for consoles are priority 1 now for ZOS.
    As the latest TC patch for Consoles already had broken the GF for solo players this would make it 6 months while the tool would be unusable for solo players. Not the best track record. But maybe we'll get fixes earlier... hopefully....
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭

Considering the notes for PTC I fear that the fixes for the GF will be done with that release and not earlier. I'm assuming the stability fixes for consoles are priority 1 now for ZOS.
    As the latest TC patch for Consoles already had broken the GF for solo players this would make it 6 months while the tool would be unusable for solo players. Not the best track record. But maybe we'll get fixes earlier... hopefully....

I have better things to do than fill zone chat with messages begging for a group and/or hoping there are enough guild members around who are willing to run group content.
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crownstore items and new downgrade dlcs are obviously more important.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭

The group finder being broken for so long creates another issue:
    By the time it's fixed people will be so used to ignoring it that it might not matter if it's patched.

The group finder needs a certain number of people using it to be effective, but many players who don't lurk this forum won't bother trying the GF again after grown accustomed to it being broken because they won't know that it's fixed.

Less players using it = longer queue times = more people incorrectly assuming it's still broken = even less players using it = even longer queue times = even more people incorrectly assuming it's still broken.
    Vicious circle.

Zenimax might have to do some kind of in-game announcement to get people to actually start using it again, If they manage to fix it in the first place.
  • Swernik
    Swernik
    ✭✭✭
    Lol yeah im new here ahah, I guess it is not comming seeing all the comments haahahah.