The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Toxin Doctor - Finger-less Gloves Mistake

leothedino
leothedino
✭✭✭✭
ZoS, having fingerless gloves on this outfit seems somewhat regressive. It appears my character is happy to protect his nose, eyes and mouth from dangerous chemicals, but has no problem allowing his fingers to fall off. Perhaps take a look at this?
Of1N7kN.png
Edited by leothedino on June 30, 2016 5:26PM
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not even wearing the mask while you craft. But be sure to let us know when your character poisons him or herself.
    You can't. It's a complaint without function or liability.
    Besides, full alchemy gloves have never been a requisite in the genre. The best protection, as they say, is confidence.
    And a goblin pet. My alchemist totally wants a little goblin pet.

md1fee.jpg
    signing off
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    You're not even wearing the mask while you craft. But be sure to let us know when your character poisons him or herself.
    - Passive Aggression detected much?

Either way, not entirely sure comparing 3rd Edition DnD AKA Pathfinder is a good example between the two fantasy world settings. It's also not called an 'Alchemy Doctor' but more notably 'Toxin Doctor', the latter seems to point more toward dangerous substances that need protecting against, over making fun colours and sparkle potions
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When working with poisons it is most advantageous to have full dexterity and fine manipulation that gloves would interfere with. The fingerless gloves allows a toxin crafter the fine manipulation one needs to work with these delicate ingredients. In order to keep from poisoning oneself through skin contact, a special oil based salve is applied to the exposed fingers which acts as a barrier between the toxin and the crafters skin.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leothedino wrote: »
    Passive Aggression detected much?

I just call them as I see them.

If you were harming yourself because the costume reduced your armor or stats in some way, then a complaint would be valid because that's not advertised.

But you haven't had a harmful chemical spill in the suit, nor will you ever. Not even with a Drunk personality. Changing it will not improve your safety.

Sooo...

It's a complaint without function or liability.
    signing off
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Passive Aggression detected much?

I just call them as I see them.

If you were harming yourself because the costume reduced your armor or stats in some way, then a complaint would be valid because that's not advertised.

But you haven't had a harmful chemical spill in the suit, nor will you ever. Not even with a Drunk personality. Changing it will not improve your safety.

Sooo...

It's a complaint without function or liability.

It is a cosmetic complaint about a cosmetic feature. It makes sense to complain about how a cosmetic feature looks, especially when we think it doesn't make sense.
    vyrusb23 wrote: »
    When working with poisons it is most advantageous to have full dexterity and fine manipulation that gloves would interfere with. The fingerless gloves allows a toxin crafter the fine manipulation one needs to work with these delicate ingredients. In order to keep from poisoning oneself through skin contact, a special oil based salve is applied to the exposed fingers which acts as a barrier between the toxin and the crafters skin.

I would like a source if you don't mind. I never heard of anyone who manipulates toxins with their hands exposed, or of a "special oil based salve" that can replace gloves, especially without making your fingertips slippery. And it is not even the whole hand but just part of the fingers that is exposed (meaning the glove would already partially restrict your hand's movement). If this costume was made with dexterity in mind and what you say is true, why didn't they make it without any gloves?

Honestly, what seems to have happened here was the "rule of cool". And "rule of cool" can lead to things that do not necessarily make sense.
    Edited by Abeille on July 4, 2016 8:45PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭

This is a nice response, see, i didn't know this. Thanks for the explanation.
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a nice response, see, i didn't know this. Thanks for the explanation.

You're welcome! =)
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoever designed this outfit in the outfit department of ZoS must have some kind of BDSM furry fetish. The outfit is laughable due to the fact that you're walking around looking like a penguin in a bondage outfit.
  • vyrusb23
    vyrusb23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever designed this outfit in the outfit department of ZoS must have some kind of BDSM furry fetish. The outfit is laughable due to the fact that you're walking around looking like a penguin in a bondage outfit.

You may think it's "laughable", but the costume is based on real plauge doctors from the 17th century. Educate yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_doctor_costume