Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One Tamriel should add boat connections

Ryuuki
Ryuuki
✭✭
Ive been thinking about the implications of One Tamriel and its effects on travelling around the continent. Surely Zenimax have been thinking as well. In particular, I feel one very small thing should be present if One Tamriel is being implemented as we know it. Namely, (more) boat connections to connect the various major port cities--in particular Daggerfall City, Vulkhel Guard and Davon's Watch. This can be useful especially for lower lvl players and new players to join up with their friends across the continent or just to change locale if they so desire. Now, I understand there are Wayshines also, but they are a merely a gameplay mechanic to relieve the game of a lot of inconvenience if everyone had to travel realtime. If wayshines were infact a real canonical thing, and as accessible as they appear in-game, it would create major lore complications, so I believe it should also be possible to travel around using real ways even if its just for the immersion/roleplayer.

What do you think?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ship connections are already there in the first city of every alliance connecting them each.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Ship connections are already there in the first city of every alliance connecting them each.
    Indeed. The connections already exist, you just need to be Level 50 for them to appear, and they don't show up on the map. It is highly likely that they will simply become permanently available when One Tamriel launches, without the level requirement.

Also, Wayshrine travel is real and canonical, and fully lore-explained. Have a read of Wayshrines of Tamriel.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ryuuki wrote: »
    Ive been thinking about the implications of One Tamriel and its effects on travelling around the continent. Surely Zenimax have been thinking as well. In particular, I feel one very small thing should be present if One Tamriel is being implemented as we know it. Namely, (more) boat connections to connect the various major port cities--in particular Daggerfall City, Vulkhel Guard and Davon's Watch. This can be useful especially for lower lvl players and new players to join up with their friends across the continent or just to change locale if they so desire. Now, I understand there are Wayshines also, but they are a merely a gameplay mechanic to relieve the game of a lot of inconvenience if everyone had to travel realtime. If wayshines were infact a real canonical thing, and as accessible as they appear in-game, it would create major lore complications, so I believe it should also be possible to travel around using real ways even if its just for the immersion/roleplayer.

What do you think?

I agree. I've discovered all locations and still travel this way when I have the time. Helps with immersion instead of porting everywhere and running to chase quest arrows. But then again, I also enjoy actually reading the storylines. Not everyone is into that.
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually amazed at all the boat connections we currently have.

It would be nice if any, or maybe most, of the cities that have a Dock would have a ship based method of travel. Even if it was just to one area. Maybe we could pull up a list of all the cities that have Docks that are accessible from this location. By accessible I mean they would not have to go over land to get to the port.

The only thing lore breaking about that, is all travel is instantaneous, even if you use a ship or a cart.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am actually amazed at all the boat connections we currently have.

It would be nice if any, or maybe most, of the cities that have a Dock would have a ship based method of travel. Even if it was just to one area. Maybe we could pull up a list of all the cities that have Docks that are accessible from this location. By accessible I mean they would not have to go over land to get to the port.

The only thing lore breaking about that, is all travel is instantaneous, even if you use a ship or a cart.

Awesome idea! Travelling by boat could imply a quest along the way (on the boat itself and as it stops at ports in between). I like it!
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]