Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightshade

G0DS_DEMON
G0DS_DEMON
✭✭
Where is the best place to farm nightshade ?? I looked around the Gold Coast area and found only 1 plant.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are very, VERY rare. I've got maybe four total, and I've been trying to farm everywhere.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightshade is a plant node so you'll have to be lucky. Take all plant nodes like Blessed Thistle and Columbine and stuff so you have a chance to get Nightshade next time you visit that spot.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • G0DS_DEMON
    G0DS_DEMON
    ✭✭
    I know in other Elder Scrolls games nightshade was found near a cemetery. Wish it was that easy in this game.
    Edited by G0DS_DEMON on June 18, 2016 10:21PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found as much as other plants in that place where all the plants are.
    Edited by Brrrofski on June 21, 2016 7:22AM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are just a random spawn on a normal plant node. I've found them completely randomly all over the place.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G0DS_DEMON wrote: »
    Where is the best place to farm nightshade ?? I looked around the Gold Coast area and found only 1 plant.

ive been finding it in hew's bane and the gold coast.

are you on xbox live ? if so, message me and i will send u some. i dont use it anyway
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are three kinds of alchemy plant nodes, flowers/grasses, water, and mushrooms. Nightshade falls under the first type and can be found in any zone. Take a character with alchemy keen eyes to to any area with lots of flower/grass plants and run cycles picking everything, including wormwood and dragonthorn. Eventually nightshade plants will spawn.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • G0DS_DEMON
    G0DS_DEMON
    ✭✭

are you on xbox live ? if so, message me and i will send u some. i dont use it anyway

I'm on Xbox live. I'll message you later this evening when I get online.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found some in Western Greenshade. But I think it spawns on random plant nodes everywhere.
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 21, 2016 6:59AM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    There are three kinds of alchemy plant nodes, flowers/grasses, water, and mushrooms. Nightshade falls under the first type and can be found in any zone. Take a character with alchemy keen eyes to to any area with lots of flower/grass plants and run cycles picking everything, including wormwood and dragonthorn. Eventually nightshade plants will spawn.

This, but also very much "pick everything"!

ALL the flowers are worth hard cash!

Expecting to find an area that is full of nightshade isn't realistic, so make sure you capitalize when you don't find it but find something else instead.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't cherry pick. If you are harvesting a route, pick *everything.* Those Blessed Thistle and Dragonthorn nodes will respawn as Columbine or other higher end mats. (Including Nightshade.)
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Don't cherry pick. If you are harvesting a route, pick *everything.* Those Blessed Thistle and Dragonthorn nodes will respawn as Columbine or other higher end mats. (Including Nightshade.)

i followed a guy the other day in hew's bane --- he checked every runestone node but didnt bother taking any of them. he obviously never got the memo lol.

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

This, but also very much "pick everything"!

ALL the flowers are worth hard cash!

Expecting to find an area that is full of nightshade isn't realistic, so make sure you capitalize when you don't find it but find something else instead.

are the new reagents and solvents worth as much as columbine ? i have been hoarding them but havent tried to sell any of them. but if they are worth anywhere near columbine money i will start.

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on Xbox live. I'll message you later this evening when I get online.

i crashed out early yesterday -- so i dont know if you messaged me or not. i will be on tonight tho.
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    Found a couple in stonefalls with my new char.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I find them all of the time in Craglorn - maybe one day I'll learn what they do.

Like NBrookus says, do not leave behind something you do not particularly want when harvesting - take everything. When the flower respawns, it will not always respawn as the same thing but may respawn as something you actually want.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    Found loads in Craglorn & Wrothgar when it's not crashing.
  • Kholty22
    Kholty22
    ✭✭✭
    I was in coldharbour the other day and found 3 on my way to the bank from wayshrine
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, in Db skill line the supplier will daily provide various stuff. Chose the potions and poisons and rec a satchel with 3 nightshade, 3 fleshfly, a fat and i think another 3 of the new reagents. Also throws potions and poisons themselves but on some days they can pay off.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    I find them in all zones. I farm all crafting nodes, and have banked over 200 of them so far. They seem to be no more rare than any other alchemy node, I have even found them in 2 nodes near to each other. I have also found them in heavy sacks in quantity of 4. Only advice I can give to finding more is to take the keen eye passive in the alchemy skills.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    They are very, VERY rare. I've got maybe four total, and I've been trying to farm everywhere.

Rare ? On ps4 they are the only flowers I find, I just used them to lvl my alchemy up.
    Edited by Tempah on July 5, 2016 8:03AM
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, I've found it to be fairly common. But I'm not farming it, just picking it as i go through my normal game-play.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle