Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Home campaign...

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
The thing is I did something stupid, or the game mechanics is stupid... anyway - I abandoned Ebony and paid 100k AP thinking I could then join Trueflame campaign for free. But it wasn't so. Abandoning the camp was 100k and the game asks now for additional 150k to set the new home. I have only 56k left and I cannot earn more since I'm in no campaign. Is there anything I could do... except being the "Guest" for several weeks? :-/
  • rekreator
    rekreator
    Soul Shriven
    You either have to wait for your previous campaign to end or become a healer & leech the APs from all these people in a guest campaign.
    SALTED MEAT is inviting new or veteran Aldemeri Dominion PvP players to its rank. New players will be train to siege a keep properly & efficiently as well as on how to defend it. APPLY HERE.
    Hardcore Cyrodil Scout & Healer.
    Only works for drinks especially TONICs. Only runs during Oceanic Prime Time.
    Youtube | Instagram

PC/MAC NORTH AMERICA MEGASERVER
    ID: rekreator
    Champion Points: 638

ALDMERI DOMINION
    PvP Guild: Ars Imperatoria | Snarg Charm School | Salted Meat
    PvE Guild: N/A
    Leader of the pug of FATE.
    1. He-Who-Rekreat | Stamina Nightblade | LVL50 | Werewolf | Scout
    2. Rekreator | Khajiit | Stamina Dragonknight | LVL50 | Werewolf | Tanker
    3. Shamsiah | Breton | Magicka Templar | LVL50 | Healer
    4. Rekreatór | Breton | Magicka Sorcerer | LVL50 | DPS
    5. Shàmsiah | Redguard | Stamina Sorcerer | LVL50 | Werewolf | Crafter
    6. Rekréator | Khajiit | Stamina Templar | LVL50 | Werewolf | DPS
    7. Night Warden Rekreat | Khajiit | Stamina Warden | LVL50 | Werewolf | DPS
    8. Rékreator | Bosmer | Stamina Nighblade | LVL50 | Werewolf | Bowtard
    9. Rèkreator | Breton | Magicka Nightblade | LVL25 | DPS
    10. Syamsiah | Breton | Magicka Warden | LVL17 | Healer

EBONHEART PACT
    1. Aryahi | Breton | Magicka Templar | LVL50 | Healer

PC/MAC EUROPE MEGASERVER
    ID: rekreator

EBONHEART PACT
    1. Rékreator | Orsimer | Stamina Templar | LVL15 | Crafter
    2. Rekreator | Redguard | Stamina Sorcerer | LVL10 | DPS

PS4 NORTH AMERICA MEGASERVER
    ID: hishamhl
    Champion Points: 50

ALDMERI DOMINION
    PvP Guild: N/A
    PvE Guild: N/A
    1. Rekreator | Stamina Nightblade | LVL21 | AR06 | Scout
    2. Evarosa | Magicka Sorcerer | LVL19 | AR06
    3. Mokarosa | Magicka Templar | LVL15 | AR05
    4. Anarosa | Magicka Nightblade | LVL16 | AR01
    5. Shamsiah | Magicka Templar | LVL50 | AR02 | Healer
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can always use the group method for entering a campaign. or perhaps you can guest to a campaign and earn the AP you need. Just thinking getting into cryo has more work arounds then a 2 bit hooker on a friday night standing on a street corner.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh... just what I thought. :( Thanks.

It's not fair, if I knew that the game would double charge me for abandoning + setting new home, I'd never do that. What's the point of charging 100k for leaving the campaign, anyway? If I don't want to participate in the current campaign, I can simply avoid entering Cyrodiil for a certain amount of time. For that amount of AP I expected a free entry for a new home.

Makes no sense to me - setting new home while already having one in the previous campaign is 150k, while abandoning and setting new home (same thing basically) is 250k!
    Edited by maboleth on June 29, 2016 3:22PM
  • Nilmot
    Nilmot
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, I'd try to submit a ticket and see if they can refund you. Not exactly confident it would work, but worth a try.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Thanks. I already did and got two totally unrelated, generic responses. I replied them again, for the 3rd time, asking this time for a refund of AP points directly...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to leave a campaign without setting a new one was requested a lot back when you couldn't have toons from different alliances set to the same campaigns. Now that you can assign your characters from all 3 factions to the same campaign, this functionality makes no sense.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The ability to leave a campaign without setting a new one was requested a lot back when you couldn't have toons from different alliances set to the same campaigns. Now that you can assign your characters from all 3 factions to the same campaign, this functionality makes no sense.

Absolutely agree. Then, why is this still in the game? And the support was, so far, unresponsive and not able to see this, let alone help.
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Well, I'd love to leave all campaigns and not join a new one so that I don't get interrupted in PvE with stupid notifications. If it can be done I'd love to know how as I have no interest in PvP and won't do it for buffs etc.
    Edited by DirtyDubs on June 30, 2016 1:53PM
  • Nilmot
    Nilmot
    ✭✭✭
    Try right clicking and then staying out of the PVP forum.
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    Nilmot wrote: »

Daft response. Surely this is one of the places to question if anyone knows how to get out of the PvP Home Campaigns and stop the notifications (or at least highlight again that many want the ability to leave campaigns).
  • Nilmot
    Nilmot
    ✭✭✭
    DirtyDubs wrote: »
    Nilmot wrote: »

Daft response. Surely this is one of the places to question if anyone knows how to get out of the PvP Home Campaigns and stop the notifications (or at least highlight again that many want the ability to leave campaigns).

Didn't think you were serious. Right click on the campaign. Select abandon.
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    On PS4 so I took the "Try right clicking and then staying out of the PVP forum." as rightclick your web browser, close it and [SNIP] off. My bad.
    Can't you only abandon a campaign with alliance points or a daft amount of gold, but if you don't PvP then you don't have the AP either. I hope I stand to be corrected in that.

[Edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on August 31, 2016 1:30PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DirtyDubs wrote: »
    Can't you only abandon a campaign with alliance points or a daft amount of gold, but if you don't PvP then you don't have the AP either. I hope I stand to be corrected in that.
    Unfortunately you are correct. It's 100,000 AP or 100,000 Gold to abandon a campaign.

What would make more sense, I think, which would apply to both issues here, is charging 150,000 AP to abandon a campaign at any time, and 50 AP to abandon a campaign at the end of the campaign, which would put the costs in line with the reassign costs. Then when you go to choose a new campaign after abandoning, there would be no additional charge.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »

It's not fair, if I knew that the game would double charge me for abandoning + setting new home, I'd never do that. What's the point of charging 100k for leaving the campaign, anyway? If I don't want to participate in the current campaign, I can simply avoid entering Cyrodiil for a certain amount of time. For that amount of AP I expected a free entry for a new home.

Makes no sense to me - setting new home while already having one in the previous campaign is 150k, while abandoning and setting new home (same thing basically) is 250k!

I submitted a ticket about this and got refunded
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i assumed the function was introduced so the people who dont PVP (who set a campaingn, tried it, didnt like it) will no longer be inundated with scroll/ gate/ emp updates and the inavaoidable lag they cause.... seems strange that you would have to spend AP to abandon a campaign!
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I submitted a ticket about this and got refunded

That's encouraging!! Thanks for the news, I'm still waiting for my reply.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weren't they going to offer everyone one get-out-of-campaign-free card with one of the recent updates? Might have been DB but I'm not sure.

I also thought you could leave for free at the end of a campaign, but I've never been able to do that. And I read recently that you can set something to automatically leave at the end of a campaign, but I can't find the setting to enable that. If you do it that way, is it free, or does it still dock you the gold/AP?

Doesn't seem like it should be this hard...
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Unfortunately you are correct. It's 100,000 AP or 100,000 Gold to abandon a campaign.

What would make more sense, I think, which would apply to both issues here, is charging 150,000 AP to abandon a campaign at any time, and 50 AP to abandon a campaign at the end of the campaign, which would put the costs in line with the reassign costs. Then when you go to choose a new campaign after abandoning, there would be no additional charge.

That makes sense. You would think that allowing PvE players not interested in PvP to quit (after trying PvP or not knowing the system in full while learning the game) would be benificial to ZOS. They would then be able hone the campaign experience for those that are interested and in doing so keep the campaign active.

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no reply... :-/
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received a response, but they didn't help me with this. :( They didn't mention any refund. Can @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please help me with this?

[Incident: 160624-003686]

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team!

We greatly appreciate you bringing this potential bug to our attention, and we will pass this on to the development team for further investigation.

Once in the hands of the development team, you will not receive a response to your ticket, but rest assured that they will investigate thoroughly to reproduce the issue you are experiencing to be resolved in a future patch.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here, wanting to purchase imperial city DLC, but how do I enter IC if I don't have 150000 alliance points to set a home campaign?
    Pc na
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to set a different home campaign if are already in a campaign. You can access IC from any campaigns out there. Trouble is, some camps have low-pop during weekdays so IC can be near-empty there. However, if you are assigned to True Flame you should have action non-stop.
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is I did something stupid, or the game mechanics is stupid... anyway - I abandoned Ebony and paid 100k AP thinking I could then join Trueflame campaign for free. But it wasn't so. Abandoning the camp was 100k and the game asks now for additional 150k to set the new home. I have only 56k left and I cannot earn more since I'm in no campaign. Is there anything I could do... except being the "Guest" for several weeks? :-/

I pretty much did the same thing...
    Homed to the 7 day campaign (Hazerdus) because i thought it would be cool only to find out it was fully red most days. So i paid the 100k ap to leave that campaign thinking that would be all I would have to spend.... but i was wrong, i had to spend another 150k to home to Scourge.

I had to guest on scourge until i had the extra 150k ap to make Scourge my home.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammy01 wrote: »

I pretty much did the same thing...
    Homed to the 7 day campaign (Hazerdus) because i thought it would be cool only to find out it was fully red most days. So i paid the 100k ap to leave that campaign thinking that would be all I would have to spend.... but i was wrong, i had to spend another 150k to home to Scourge.

I had to guest on scourge until i had the extra 150k ap to make Scourge my home.

^ Yep, that's what I did too. ESO acknowledged the issue, but didn't respond to refund me the wasted AP. Hopefully this limitation will be lifted in the future update(s).
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    out of campaign notifications need to be killed... Is this being worked on?