Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: July 1, 2016"

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Foxesz wrote: »
    B R E T O N H E R O H Y P E

IT has a Freaking Cape and everything. Can't wait to see it in action.

Don't get hopes look closely its just basically a trench coat.. zos more than likely removed the cape since they removed the elven heroes scarf and the nord herps on should cape...
  • Lvcian
    Lvcian
    Soul Shriven
    I am curious where the consistency is in the development team? (or whomever is in charge of the agenda/schedule/overall final decisions)

-Remove things in the store all together?....why not make a new bundle at a reduced price or even put the items into the in game loot system for stealing to sometimes get a new costume at an exceedingly rare rate.

-The price fluctuation for items (the 'cool' or 'popular' is ALWAYS the one they price the highest even if it wasn't at first) is also a very unnerving factor into why I have a difficult time actually paying real life money for crowns.

-What is the overall plan/agenda of the development for this game and where is it going? And why? Can we have those answers at least? (not to be cynical, but I ask this in a professional manner)
    Death . . . is only the beginning
  • Strei_Kiinxei
    Strei_Kiinxei
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    "Desert Garden Gala Overdress" Where is that? I'm in game looking at the crown store now... and don't see it.

It's on the PTS. Not in game yet, which is odd that they'd be removing it in that case.

So, it's on PTS. Not in game, and NOT in the article to come during July?

How they could be removing that is interesting. lol I'm also a bit sad about stuff coming and going in the same month. To me those are "Limited Time Offers" that just have a bit longer window.

I assume it is a typo? Maybe the costume actually being removed Aug. 1st is Whisperweft Gala Wear?
  • Strei_Kiinxei
    Strei_Kiinxei
    ✭✭✭
    So is the doom wolf gonna be 4000 crowns also or we gonna be fair and reasonable like when the fire frost and sheiven horses came out... cuz that dro matha crown cost was an absolute abomination....

I honestly hope it won't be 4000c. That was what stopped me and a friend from getting the Dro m'athra mount.
  • tap3ahchinaeb17_ESO
    Wait, so the Priest of the Green costume is being made available and removed in the same month? Or is that a typo?

That is correct in this case.

OK, but there are still 2 non-existing entries in this list:
    - Desert Garden Gala Overdress - apparently datamined from PTR
    - Blue Nixad - did you mean Turquoise Nixad
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the doom wolf gonna be 4000 crowns also or we gonna be fair and reasonable like when the fire frost and sheiven horses came out... cuz that dro matha crown cost was an absolute abomination....

In defense of the Dro Mothra, it also had a completely new mount animation along with additional animation graphics... so it wasn't just a 're-colored' it had additional effects that took extra time for the development team.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope that Breton Hero costume will only be available once.
    If they plan to sell it again in a later date, it significantly lower it's value, since many more players will wear it.
    It needs to be unique.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Denisgsv
    Denisgsv
    ✭✭
    Eso Guys the Nixad which is being removed is not shown in website store : http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/pets

For those who cant always access game having site with all stuff which is getting removed might be useful.

• RomansXXI
    RomansXXI
    ✭✭✭
    Why remove the new things?? There are plenty of out dated crown store items like the nightmare mount that should be removed to make room as opposed to removing costumes that have literally just been added
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭

If it's 4000 crowns they better have a big half off sale on crowns >.<!
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    Why remove the new things?? There are plenty of out dated crown store items like the nightmare mount that should be removed to make room as opposed to removing costumes that have literally just been added

That mount must be a top seller as its the picture they use on the front page when you go to buy your crowns.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see timers on things expiring from the Crown Store so I don't accidentally miss out on things again.

Having items from the past make a reappearance in the crown store would be nice too!

Not sure how you would feature this, but would also love to see items go on discount from time to time. I'm a frugal bargain shopper! In fact, sometimes I just can't resist a sale. XD (See below. wink wink)

Merchants Festival - July 10th!
    The bargain shoppers of the known world are out in force today and it is little wonder, for the 10th of Sun's Height is a holiday called the Merchants' Festival. Every marketplace and equipment store has dropped their prices to at least half. The only shop not being patronized today is the Mages Guild, where prices are as exorbitant as usual. Most citizens in need of a magical item are waiting two months for the celebration of Tales and Tallows when prices will be more reasonable...

• staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK so there is no reason to actually remove items from the crown store... this "make room" nonsense is just straight lying to your customers. You guys have more than enough money to develop a store that can 'hold' all of these items. Why are you using artificial scarcity to try to up your sales? Such strong-armed tactics should not be embraced by the community, as they create a very unfavorable dynamic between company and gamer. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_scarcity for more info.

As a note: I am not interested in purchasing any of the items that are going away, I am just trying to make the community aware of the manipulative tactics being employed and how unhealthy they are in the long run.
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look..... more limited time items, and more retiring of items.

Why can't you be more honest and title it "Cash grab of the month: July" instead of 'showcase' ?

It's insulting whenever you say "in order to make room" it's code, it's digital, it takes no room, and there's no reason to wipe these off from ever being obtainable.

It's just greed and it's killing the fun.

Also why are recent items being taken down too?

PS: Inb4 limited time wolf mount is 8,000 crowns

PPS: Inb4 next months limited time mount is 16,000 crowns

PPPS: 32,000 crowns.
    Edited by Skcarkden on July 2, 2016 2:40PM
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blutengel wrote: »
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    That mount must be a top seller as its the picture they use on the front page when you go to buy your crowns.
    They use a promo image of the Blacksmith Apron as well even though it was removed months ago. Most likely that page just hasn't been updated since the release of Tamriel Unlimited.
  • Wolfgrim
    Wolfgrim
    STILL NO WOLF PET!!! >:)
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax, please clarify fully what is being removed and when, as others have pointed out many items are still only on PTS and not even LIVE yet. If you're a collector, this is disturbing and annoying.

Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • illusionarythade
    illusionarythade
    ✭✭✭
    "and pass unmolested." the wording for the priest of the green outfit is.. interesting :)
    "Use nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury."

.: Fehn-reil Bosmer Craftsman [AD] :. | .: Teiali Bosmer Warden Support [EP] :.
  • Lilly_Elessa
    Lilly_Elessa
    ✭✭✭
    Why does this game constantly feel the need to remove items from its crown store? There is not limited space in it - unless they have intentionally put a space limit on it. The store doesn't feel cluttered, sure, but it's an extremely tiny store. Most of which would not convince me to buy crowns were I a newer player, since they keep removing the interesting items.
    I understand there may be some marketing theory here on "keep people buying things consistently" - but from the end of someone who wants to buy these things (and I do buy things), it is frustrating to be forced to get them NOW if I think I want them, rather than later when I actually want them (some of these will look much better in Aug when we can dye them!), or later when I have more money (you know, like when life happens and you suddenly have less spending cash for a little), or later when my sub renews and I have more crowns (which, annoyingly, mine will renew right after the removal of all these items), or later when there's a crown sale.
    Ignoring that I dislike the "flash" availability items (which I don't buy), these items getting removed will mostly have been in the store for only a month or two. Some of them are the new items coming which means they'll be available for less than a month!

I would like to see at least some kind of cycling availability of the older costumes, etc.

Edit: I don't think I was clear enough: I buy less when things are removed. I buy more over time when it's more convenient for me. And my pocketbook is just fine missing out on "exclusive" items.
    Edited by Lilly_Elessa on July 3, 2016 2:28PM
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    So you have a habit of pricing things rather high, then you're like "Ooops, get it now! They're going away! Spend, spend, spend!"

Guys, there has GOT to be a better balance between making money and being nice to your player base. We're not all loaded - a lot of us have to space out our purchases. This "making room" thing is BS. Tell you what, if it's your console players you're worried about, not making them scroll through a bunch of stuff as somebody suggested on the last thread I complained on, here's a solution: send your older stock to a store on the website where we can spend our crowns, or hell just a straight money equivalent even. Either that or make a bloody category for older stuff that console players can feel free to avoid if they don't want to subject themselves to it. ANYTHING but what you're doing now. This is seriously damaging my goodwill towards you guys, even more so when you retire stuff in the SAME FREAKING MONTH without the courtesy of at least branding it what it is: a limited time offer, albeit with a longer time frame than the ones you already label as such.
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I am in total agreement for having a "legacy items" store, heck, nevermind crowns just make it straight up cash and be done with it. Let people who have the money pay full price when an item hits but then make it available for the patient and/or new players who don't want to feel left out.

False scarcity is annoying.

Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • phobossion
    phobossion
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is the female Breton "hero" missing her chest parts? :open_mouth:
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    REMOVAL OF EXISTING CROWN STORE ITEMS

In order to make room for new stock, the following items will be retired from the ESO Crown Store on all platforms on August 1st.

Costumes

Desert Garden Gala Overdress - ONLY ON PTS
    Priest of the Green - TO BE Added July 7
    Song of the Night Ensemble - Added February 4
    Toxin Doctor - Added June 23
    Treasure Hunter - Added May 19
    Treethane Ceremonial Dress - Added June 30
    Tribal Shamans Pack - Added Mar 17 2015 (Wikia)
    Winterborn Reach Costume Pack - Added November 2/17/18 2015 - Orsinium Launch (Wikia)
    Winter Scouts Pack - Added January 7

Mounts

Banded Guar Charger - Added 17 Mar 2015 - TESO TU Launch

Pets

Baby Netch - Added December 23
    Banekin - Added April 9 2015
    Blue Nixad - ONLY ON PTS
    Blue Oasis Frog - Added May 19
    Bravil Retriever - Added April/May 2015
    Sanguine's Black Goat - Added January 7
    Windhelm Wolfhound - Added Mar 17 2015 - Also in Starter Pack (Wikia)
    All dates as listed in their respective showcases except where indicated.

Could be Typos:
    Desert Garden Gala Overdress -> Off the Shoulder Evening Dress (This sickly green unpopular thing - Looks better dyed :smiley: )
    Blue Nixad -> Sylvan Nixad (This was added alongside and is also part of the Dark Brotherhood Collectors DLC*)

^ I hope that if those are typos they get fixed ASAP, *Older DLC's Collectors variants are removed with each new DLC release.

Also someone needs to change:
    The Priest of the Green costume will be available on all platforms, starting on July 7.
    To:
    The Priest of the Green costume will be available on all platforms for a limited time, from July 7 to August 1.
    FAO: @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_MattFiror
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything in this month's showcase simply sucks.

Keeping my crowns for August.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Now that the weekend is over, can you please, PLEASE adress as to why there are two items that are being listed for removal dont actually exist in the crown store and this months article?????

*Desert Garden Gala Overdress
    *Blue nixad.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfgrim wrote: »
    STILL NO WOLF PET!!! >:)

I think they just made the Pack Leader Werewolf Transformation morph ended up giving us our Wolf "Pets" in a sense, and they just scale it to character to make it double as mounts.

Notice the fur of the wolves Pack Leaders spawns randomly are all those of the three wolf mount variants not presently available? Yeah... I'm worried if we'll ever get any Collectibe Wolf pet now... /downcast
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Now that the weekend is over, can you please, PLEASE adress as to why there are two items that are being listed for removal dont actually exist in the crown store and this months article?????

*Desert Garden Gala Overdress
    *Blue nixad.

I would also like to know why a re-color of an existing pet (Nixad) is added to the Crown Store before a pet that has never been added, a snake pet (Sep Adder) is added?!?
    Edited by ADarklore on July 4, 2016 11:18AM
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly ZoS, i know you have to report to shareholdes "this is what we are gonna do to take their money" and go on a speech about how people will always buy limited time junk.

But don't you ever think about the longevity of the game? what good is a one time limited item if you keep ignoring issues while peddling this and neglecting the fun factor?

a one time cost or a stream of cash, your choice. but as more and more people will leave over the neglect of the game, the dryer the stream goes. 7million players, 6m, 4m, 2, 500k. It's so easy to get recognised as "that game studio who can't keep a game running". Wouldn't you rather be "that game studio who outdid many of the others" ?

money, or money and integrity. Your choice, bleed us dry, or earn our love and money. Reputation is something worth more than money.
  • Alp
    Alp
    ✭✭✭✭
    y8YaTKF.png

I love your spell checker.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I died.... finally..... I can get the badass Breton hero costume!
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses