Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Racial Motifs 14: Daedric

Arcasylum
Arcasylum
I recently purchesed a full daedric set in one motif off of a guild trader for 3k should i turn around and try and sell it for profit or should i set it in the bank to learn when i get rank 9 metalworking? If i should resell it anyone know how much on average they go for? Or is 3k the price for them?
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xyvkin is very cheap...I see them for like 300 gold a piece. 3K for a full motif is a good catch, but not really worth reselling. You can try, but I suggest to keep and learn it.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer, Nord, Breton, Orc, Khajiit, Argonian, Redguard, Imperial, Ancient Elf, Barbaric, Primal, Daedric, and Soul Shriven Motifs do not come in chapters. You can find any of them except Soul Shriven in containers in Champion Rank areas and can find the 10 playable race ones anywhere period. Imperial is gold though so it's the rarest of them all and the other 9 playable race ones are blue while the rest are purple. In fact I found my first Daedric Motif not too long ago...

In short 3k sounds about right at this point. Then again, I don't usually see them for sale anymore...
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on June 23, 2016 9:18AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC or console? On console deadric motifs go between 5-10k, but very slowly.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedrics are not nearly as expensive as they used to be. I have one listed at 3999 and it has not moved. (PC/NA)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had one a week into xbox launch. Straight 80k right there.

They probably go for 2-5k now. 3k is maybe right.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On XB, 3K is a good deal, as I've not seen any of these 4 purple motifs (#11-14) for less than 4K. So, not a steal, but a good deal. However, you're better off just holding on to it and learning it when you can.

A note to everyone, though - all four of these motifs (Ancient Elf, Daedric, Barbaric, and Primal) can now be looted in Orsinium and the Hollow City (this has been the case since Orsinium launched). I have found at least 3 in both places. Hence, one of the reasons they are so cheap now. That, and the fact that there are so many other motifs out there.

I've seen Xivkyn and Mercenary for sub 500g. I've even seen Mercenary for as low as 100g. I also saw a full Mercenary book, and it's only purple (not gold), but someone was trying to sell it for 70K!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    On XB, 3K is a good deal, as I've not seen any of these 4 purple motifs (#11-14) for less than 4K. So, not a steal, but a good deal. However, you're better off just holding on to it and learning it when you can.

A note to everyone, though - all four of these motifs (Ancient Elf, Daedric, Barbaric, and Primal) can now be looted in Orsinium and the Hollow City (this has been the case since Orsinium launched). I have found at least 3 in both places. Hence, one of the reasons they are so cheap now. That, and the fact that there are so many other motifs out there.

I've seen Xivkyn and Mercenary for sub 500g. I've even seen Mercenary for as low as 100g. I also saw a full Mercenary book, and it's only purple (not gold), but someone was trying to sell it for 70K!

I found Ancient Elf in a container during a main quest on a level 40-something character.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Arcasylum
    Arcasylum
    Wow ok guys i guess i got a good price just wanted to do some researvh before i banked it for later just incase it was worth something thanks for the help im on ps4 btw just hit 30 if anyone wants to add me my psn is kukukachoo2
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I found Ancient Elf in a container during a main quest on a level 40-something character.

Good to know! I've haven't done the main quest in a long time.
  • Championofold
    That's a good price mate I would personally learn them all and only sell duplicates
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll eventually find them all if you play long enough and look through everything.
    I originally bought daedric for 30k thinking that was a deal, but that was about a year or so ago.
    They've really lost value on xbox, I have not been able to farm the new motifs, but besides them I've collected all of them. Mostly the hard way. Some people have made a lot of gold from me.

If you have a crafter, save and use it. It was a good deal, and someone was happy to be rid of it.