Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Small Game

Anrik
Anrik
✭✭
Been looking on line and asking in zone chat but I can't get an answer. Where do you get small game from? i.e. what zone/mob
  • gwillard_ESO
    gwillard_ESO
    ✭✭
    Foxes for one. Couple of other but can't recall.
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rabbits and squirrels, where ever you find them (The Rift is good).

Snakes sometimes - again, doesn't matter where you are.

Run around killing all the small animals you come across and you soon build up a supply:)
  • Arwen_7
    Arwen_7
    Run around killing all the small animals you come across and you soon build up a supply:)

This. Just kill all the small non-monsters or livestock.
  • PatchMax
    PatchMax
    ✭✭
    In Eastmarch near Fort Amol there was a quest to hunt rabbits (Darkwater rabbits?). There are loads of the little critters there.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Best_of_the_Best
  • Anrik
    Anrik
    ✭✭
    Great, thanks for the info everyone.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrik wrote: »
    Been looking on line and asking in zone chat but I can't get an answer. Where do you get small game from? i.e. what zone/mob

Containers also. I got one last night in a cupboard in the house for The Vile Manse public dungeon.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • LIQUID741
    LIQUID741
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to kill more rabbit's and foxes than I do of natural enemies now.
    Solid-Nightblade of AD
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Rabbits, frogs
    Still waiting for Sithis.
  • Patriick
    Patriick
    ✭✭
    Rabbits, frogs
    You get guts, fishing bait from frogs.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every time I get small game from a snake I just laugh. I find it hilarious that small game looks like a raccoon's hand that I'm getting from a snake.... LOL

As I typed this I just realized....maybe the snake ate the raccoon!!! mind blown......
    Edited by Robbmrp on March 24, 2015 5:15PM
    NA Server - Kildair
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    I buy mine from "Grocers", lol.

This is a good list: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Grocers

They seem to have wildy different inventories, so just visit a few of the smaller towns (to save time running) and see what one has the ingredients you need.
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    up to almost 10 foxes no loot. glad a provision daily needs to take 2hrs + to do...
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheRealDoc wrote: »

They seem to have wildy different inventories, so just visit a few of the smaller towns (to save time running) and see what one has the ingredients you need.

really funny so far they all seem to have exact same inventory... trollolalalala
  • CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    I have found it in containers, so it's definitely available that way. I don't like to kill animals if I can avoid it. :)
  • Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

Every time I get small game from a snake I just laugh. I find it hilarious that small game looks like a raccoon's hand that I'm getting from a snake.... LOL

As I typed this I just realized....maybe the snake ate the raccoon!!! mind blown......

Have you ever eaten snake? Seriously the graphic they use for it looks more like a jagged piece of snake meat - pulled apart, not cut.

I haven't tried goats yet. Are they small game or not?

I grew up a hunter. Hunting, trapping, tracking etc. all that jazz. Seriously, I am quite content with the efforts of Design on how they implemented the meat portion of the ingredients list.

They do need to create some gator-meat based food that is really REALLY greasy....

...greasy but good : )

• Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hirelings deliver these fairly regularly for me.
  • Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    I think the single best place to get provisioning ingredients has got to be near Guild Traders in any city they are available. Don't buy from them - look at the carts they are standing in front of. Free goodies everywhere! Cheese, meats, bananas, radishes etc. the list goes on and on...
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    up to almost 10 foxes no loot. glad a provision daily needs to take 2hrs + to do...

I've found the best drop rate for small game is off of rabbits.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Anrik
    Anrik
    ✭✭
    PatchMax wrote: »
    In Eastmarch near Fort Amol there was a quest to hunt rabbits (Darkwater rabbits?). There are loads of the little critters there.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Best_of_the_Best

This was the easiest and fastest way I found for small game. They respawn so fast you don't have to wait.
  • Mhyth
    Mhyth

really funny so far they all seem to have exact same inventory... trollolalalala

Worked great for me - went to Redfur Trading Post in Ghratwood and bought 100 small game at 10g each and 100 potatoes - those have been rather scarce as well.

Looking on the traders small game is selling for a 3 to 10 times markup over the grocer price. Parted soon fools and money are.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    Anrik wrote: »

The closer you get to endgame the smaller the game gets true, typical mmo's this days, all are standing at the same 3 spots day in day out, doing the same thing over and over again and again!
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    Mhyth wrote: »

Worked great for me - went to Redfur Trading Post in Ghratwood and bought 100 small game at 10g each and 100 potatoes - those have been rather scarce as well.

Looking on the traders small game is selling for a 3 to 10 times markup over the grocer price. Parted soon fools and money are.

Nenime at Redfur is the one I was trying to keep quiet about :smile:

I haven't found anything she doesn't have and 10g instead of 150g is a nice bonus.

Tip for the day, use grocers in out of the way areas as Davons Watch/Craglorn are both truly awful.
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    There's two Grocers at the Redfur Trading Post, and both sell 48 items instead of the standard 12. All for 10G each! Mums the word!
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rabbits seem to have a 100% drop rate of small game.
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, all their goods are now 150g. I very excitedly set off to see them, only to be deflated when I opened the trade window. :(
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS patched those prices some time ago when 2.1.4 went live.

A few of the mobs that drop small game are:
    Fox, Rabbits, Snakes.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps