Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest Auto disabling it's self?!

AlisterKID
AlisterKID
Soul Shriven
So I've been noticing that new quest givers keep becoming disabled and i have to keep turning them back on so i can find new quests to do. why is that? and now i cant even go back and turn them back on?! can someone tell me why the hell this is? In game it tells me its on but i know for a fact that its not. i can stand in front of a quest giver and i would not even know they have a mission for me to do. how can i fix this?

(PC user)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, are you talking about your Quest Tracker where the active quest gives you a white quest marker? Or something else?

If it's the first thing, the game will default to track your earliest (or rather the oldest quest) in your list. Unfortunately, it does this on intermediate stages of a quest your currently on. In other words, finish say Stage 2 of the quest, then the quest tracker indicates your oldest quest is now active.

Now, if this is an addon that is tracking your quests, like Destinations does, that is another issue entirely. First thing I would try to do is to update any addons that track quests.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlisterKID
    AlisterKID
    Soul Shriven
    No, I mean finding NEW quests. I cant find any new ones, even if I'm standing in-front of a quest giver. there's no indication showing me that there is a quest giver even if the quest giver is in-front of me. Eg. the Compass Quest Givers is not working like it should be.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you updated any addons related to Quest Tracking?

Have you tried the game with no addons running?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlisterKID
    AlisterKID
    Soul Shriven
    I don't have any mods for questing