Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I had a friend craft me a weapon with a trait on it ..

mmolegends44
mmolegends44
✭✭✭
and it will not let me research it i remember you use to can do that what happened did they change the way you need to craft and research it now or something!?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's got to be something you're doing wrong on your side. More details?
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Have you already researched it? Do you have research going on for that profession already? Only things I can think of
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    @AJ_1988 @DannyLV702 I have 2 other things researching for gear but nothing researching for the weapons it's weird im 2/3 things researching and cannot research the weapon.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hmmmmmmmm is it possible you may be confusing a one handed weapon for a 2 handed one?
  • mmolegends44
    mmolegends44
    ✭✭✭
    @DannyLV702 nope i made sure it was 2h my blacksmithing maybe glitched for the weapons and i might have to send a customer service ticket in the gear researches its just the weapons will not.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Very odd. I'm never come across this issue. Have you done a skill reset lately and forgotten to put the points back in? Stupid question I know but I've done it before. Just trying to rule everything out.

Sounds of it tho support may be your best hope. You could also try private messaging a mid/admin/dev on here. Also try posting in the support section of the forum.

But yeah I'm outta ideas. Sorry bud.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post a screenshot of the weapon line? And make sure the item isn't *Locked*

Edited by phaneub17_ESO on July 1, 2016 8:24AM
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't research 2 of the same item at the same time. If you are already researching a 2h maul for example you will have to wait for it to finish before starting another 2h maul trait
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the trait?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »
    You can't research 2 of the same item at the same time. If you are already researching a 2h maul for example you will have to wait for it to finish before starting another 2h maul trait
    agree.gif