Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fireworks this coming weekend?

Bananko
Bananko
✭✭✭✭
Where on Tamriel will there be fireworks displays this coming weekend?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was a nice little staff fireworks display in Stormhaven on New Years, maybe the same again on the NA server?
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there some special reason they should? I'm not up on all the lore to know what holiday is going on in Nirn this weekend.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    Is there some special reason they should? I'm not up on all the lore to know what holiday is going on in Nirn this weekend.
    Amuricans think everyone around the world obeys their holidays. Actually, it's probably more that they don't realize there is a world. Either way, same difference.
    cheer.gif
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the day the world is supposed to celebrate treason.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Was a nice little staff fireworks display in Stormhaven on New Years, maybe the same again on the NA server?

There was?? Damn I missed that!
    PC/EU DC
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'MURICA
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol

• Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What? You have a problem with fireworks? No one needs a reason for fireworks. Just because a few subsets of people in the world beyond Nirn have a summer holiday fireworks fixation ('cause it's not just the 'mercans) is no reason to ban fireworks for everyone.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Hopefully so!

Thank you, DocFrost. :)
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Amuricans think everyone around the world obeys their holidays. Actually, it's probably more that they don't realize there is a world. Either way, same difference.
    cheer.gif

Yup... all of us do.... /sarcasm
    Edited by Unsent.Soul on June 30, 2016 10:49PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not American so all July 4th is to me is my cousin's birthday. Oh, and I also have a doctor appointment that day.

Fireworks are still nice though, no matter what day of the year :smile:
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure if they add them, it would be NA servers only. :)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All of history is treasonous at some point, we celebrate a successful conservative revolution. The original settlers were definately from the British Empire, and in the eyes of the crown it was treasonous to break away to set our own government up.

I imagine they feel ironic celebrating Brexit. (Sass, nobody get butthurt xD)
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of don't like the term 'Independence Day' because it makes me feel like I'm living in a lowbie country which gets its government collapsed every few years by: foreign invasion, financial crisis, domestic issues, etc.

But if I was going to be at my house on the 4th of July, I'd probably be playing ESO, because in America, Independence Day weekend is the most popular weekend for drunk driving.

In all honestly, America could have gotten dealt a much worse hand in terms of colonization. The British should be proud of themselves; they planted the seeds of a very successful nation. And Britain's decision to recognize America as an independent nation after the Revolutionary War was the right choice. And not holding anything against us after they lost the War of 1812. Those wars were child's play compared to the two World Wars.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is illegal for us to buy and set off fireworks because our government doesn't trust us not to blow ourselves up :(
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was something to do with in game lore. Not 1 country's holiday.

Seriously. The whole world doesn't revolve around America's holiday's.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

haha - interesting way to put it.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Independence day. Watch for the aliens! Just another winters day at this end of the world.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • LordStarwalker
    cheer.gif

ROFL... hmm last I checked ESO is made in America. Oh wait, so are products from Microsoft, Google, Blizzard, Facebook, Twitter, Electronic Arts, etc.

So in this context, it might be more accurate to say that YOU don't realize you are playing in OUR world! :D

In game, All American Fireworks for my 3 day, All American 4th of July weekend? YES PLEASE! B)
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Finally. We shall celebrate our independence from the imperials!
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fireworks will be in Cyrodiil of course.

The light show of cold fire/stone siege weapons hitting walls will be glorious.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on July 1, 2016 12:52AM
  • YeOldeGamer
    YeOldeGamer
    ✭✭✭
    The show will only be accessible if you purchase tokens from the crown store...
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's for Canada Day, you anti-American racists.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • phobossion
    phobossion
    ✭✭✭
    cheer.gif

ROFL... hmm last I checked ESO is made in America. Oh wait, so are products from Microsoft, Google, Blizzard, Facebook, Twitter, Electronic Arts, etc.

So in this context, it might be more accurate to say that YOU don't realize you are playing in OUR world! :D

In game, All American Fireworks for my 3 day, All American 4th of July weekend? YES PLEASE! B)

Well put
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm German. While your textbooks still teach you that you guys won the war we were busy taking over the world (again), except this time nobody noticed.
    evilgrin.gif

PS: I'm not sure i'd be putting ESO on top of my list of things "Made in America". Have you read these forums lately?
  • LordStarwalker
    I'm German. While your textbooks still teach you that you guys won the war we were busy taking over the world (again), except this time nobody noticed.
    evilgrin.gif

PS: I'm not sure i'd be putting ESO on top of my list of things "Made in America". Have you read these forums lately?

Well of course ESO is not on the top of my list of things made in America. However, it is made here along with a lot of other products and services that are internationalized and then consumed globally. A Free Enterprise market does have its benefits and it has resulted in some real innovation here in the U.S.A.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The intention of this thread was to discuss event possibilities on ESO which is a fair topic however the discussion itself is on politics and nationality which we do not allow on the forums. Some of the discussion is bordering offense on nationalities which is part of the reason behind the rule.

As such this thread is closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.