Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too Serious?

RomansXXI
RomansXXI
✭✭✭
So much venting, so much hate. Everyday there is a new thread filled with complaints and people threatening to quit. I just gotta ask, why so serious???? I've been playing eso since beta on both pc and ps4. I've seen my fair share of bugs and exploits, crashes and long loading screens. But like everything, nothing is ever perfect and you can't please everyone. I personally love playing eso just for fun, I don't feel the need to crush everyone in pvp or rage quit in pve. I like to share my gold and items with both new and old players and welcome everyone to the game! Ya certain things may suck sometimes, class balancing issues, overpriced crown store items...etc. But just take a look at all the great things in the game! Beautiful environment, interesting questing, many great players and constant updates to give the game a new look. People are complaining no costume dyes, when I remember that there never was armor dyes in the beginning!

Let's all just relax and have fun and maybe thank ZOS for all the great things they have done! If you're unhappy then bring up civil and mature suggestions that present constructive criticism. Posting threads like "I'm done" or "f this I'm quitting" is unhelpful at the very least and whatever point you were trying to make is completely ignored. Like the age old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all! The entire purpose of this game is to entertain you, it is not a life or death matter and does not call for so much seriousness and hatred on the ZOS team!

I personally would just like to thank ZOS for all their hard work and making my gameplay enjoyable from the very beginning, keep up the good work guys and don't let some disrespectful people put you down. I hope to continue looking forward to ESO updates and keep playing for a long time!
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Compare this game to others on the market, I think you'll find the level of bugs to be pretty awful by comparison
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have fun.

I have fun by playing PvP because I'm a PvPer.

PvP doesn't work.

I can't have fun.

:neutral:
    Edited by Mashille on June 30, 2016 9:45PM
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    keybaud wrote: »

PvP doesn't work.

I can't have fun.

I think this basically sums it up, the community is kinda split into 2 camps (with some crossover) of basically 'I only pvp, the game is broken' and 'I only pve, I see nothing wrong here'.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @nimander99

Yeah pretty much. I would like to PvE, however I dislike going with Pugs to do dungeons (I have only ever done like 5 dungeons in ESO ever) and I know 0 other people who play the game currently.

Other PvE stuff just doesn't do it for me, I never get that feeling like when killing a player in PvP and sure NPC's can be hard with cool mechanics but it doesn't have that unpredictability or adrenaline to me like fighting a player does.

So many people like me are fed up as they most likely bought the game for the PvP, played the game for the PvP and are most likely leaving the game because of the PvP.

I also despise the ever growing additions to the Crown store such as forcing players to buy Hairstyles that are already in the game just so they can use them on a different race. But that is something else entirely.
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @nimander99

Yeah pretty much. I would like to PvE, however I dislike going with Pugs to do dungeons (I have only ever done like 5 dungeons in ESO ever) and I know 0 other people who play the game currently.

Other PvE stuff just doesn't do it for me, I never get that feeling like when killing a player in PvP and sure NPC's can be hard with cool mechanics but it doesn't have that unpredictability or adrenaline to me like fighting a player does.

So many people like me are fed up as they most likely bought the game for the PvP, played the game for the PvP and are most likely leaving the game because of the PvP.

I also despise the ever growing additions to the Crown store such as forcing players to buy Hairstyles that are already in the game just so they can use them on a different race. But that is something else entirely.

I remember the "thousands of players fighting in Cyrodiil" slogan... There may be thousands... But it sure ain't smooth, and those loading screens and latency pvp issues are cropping up in pve now (which is what I primarily do) so I imagine once enough of the pve crowd is affected then we will get a fix.

I've been here since the get, I'm not going anywhere so ZoS is welcome to take me for granted (everyone else does) but I want this game to stay healthy and be a success, this is my favorite game... Nothing even comes close. So for the sake of retention and a healthy (but always whiny) pvp community we need this fixed.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »

PvP doesn't work.

I can't have fun.

I think this basically sums it up, the community is kinda split into 2 camps (with some crossover) of basically 'I only pvp, the game is broken' and 'I only pve, I see nothing wrong here'.

Eh... kinda. It's a great oversimplification of many other larger problems, to which the deceased equine hath been flogged numerous times.
    • The PvP system in this game was never really "great" to begin with. Shoehorning everyone into Cyrodil as "the" PvP area, for example. No open-world PvP in a game series that's actually infamous for conflict among the races/provinces (and even within them)... there was much opportunity skipped over here.
    • Originally the game was released B2P with a mandatory sub- and Cyrodil wasn't "DLC"
    • Loading screens and other "annoyances" have been part of the game from inception
    • PvE has had its own share of issues, too
    • Numerous improvements have been made but the game is nowhere near "perfect"

Anyway- I could go on and on, but I think there's much anyone who really likes this game should keep in mind when being frustrated... Trust me, I've had this talk with myself, too... many times.

Oh and for the record- I mainly play this game to PvE but was a PvPer with DAoC for many years, too. Still wish they would have implemented the RvR type system here instead of a single province. (even if it meant people teleported to a new Tamriel sized area that was PvP only)

I support this game because I believe in its potential to become a GREAT game. Right now it's a GOOD game but it could be so much more.

Kinda off topic, I really wish they hadn't dropped the sub requirement and went B2P/F2P hybrid, but not going to beat that horse anymore either.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nimander99

Funny thing is when you bring things like this up on the forums, you are almost guaranteed to get at least one guy telling you to "join a guild, n00b."

I mean, there are guilds that dedicate themselves to dungeons, but there's no public list, so besides the forums your only ways of even knowing of a guild's existence is to either know someone already in it or if they have some kind of website.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP doesn't work.

I can't have fun.

I've been just wondering around tamriel grinding mats and doing the occasional dungeon because of this. Usually don't have any issues but as of late PvP is just not that fun.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people get heavily invested here - with money, with time, with their creativity.

I personally got extremely attached to the game, so I'd like to contribute - even though contributions are not always cherry flavored.

I just wish we could hear from Devs more often. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it would be so awesome to have ZOS be more open with us. Most of us don't bite, even though we can be very grumpy sometimes.

And BTW, most cases of player inadequacy is called out not only by mods, but by players alike. This community is really not that bad!
    Edited by Dromede on June 30, 2016 11:11PM
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • GivvumBoane
    GivvumBoane
    ✭✭✭✭
    RomansXXI wrote: »
    So much venting, so much hate. Everyday there is a new thread filled with complaints and people threatening to quit. I just gotta ask, why so serious???? I've been playing eso since beta on both pc and ps4. I've seen my fair share of bugs and exploits, crashes and long loading screens. But like everything, nothing is ever perfect and you can't please everyone. I personally love playing eso just for fun, I don't feel the need to crush everyone in pvp or rage quit in pve. I like to share my gold and items with both new and old players and welcome everyone to the game! Ya certain things may suck sometimes, class balancing issues, overpriced crown store items...etc. But just take a look at all the great things in the game! Beautiful environment, interesting questing, many great players and constant updates to give the game a new look. People are complaining no costume dyes, when I remember that there never was armor dyes in the beginning!

Let's all just relax and have fun and maybe thank ZOS for all the great things they have done! If you're unhappy then bring up civil and mature suggestions that present constructive criticism. Posting threads like "I'm done" or "f this I'm quitting" is unhelpful at the very least and whatever point you were trying to make is completely ignored. Like the age old saying, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all! The entire purpose of this game is to entertain you, it is not a life or death matter and does not call for so much seriousness and hatred on the ZOS team!

I personally would just like to thank ZOS for all their hard work and making my gameplay enjoyable from the very beginning, keep up the good work guys and don't let some disrespectful people put you down. I hope to continue looking forward to ESO updates and keep playing for a long time!

While I agree with the relaxing and not taking things so seriously, the rationale that nothing is ever perfect, while true, promotes the ever dropping quality. Perhaps players should demand perfection, maybe then, quality will get some priority. I enjoy my time playing the game, but I will not thank anyone for the substandard quality or the constantly growing list of cosmetic items that is the apparent priority.
    All hail the prophet that is Mike Judge, for his Idiocracy prophecy is near fruition.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing will change if you change nothing :smile:
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Paying for a game makes it serious andi think. there are 2 typy's of problems
    Game related and player related.
    The more the game allows cheats glitching
    The more player use it the more trouble .
    And zenimax does not seem to able to solve anything and give us more dlc thus more bugs cheats etc etc.
    As soon i dont take it seriuos i would stop playing.
    because its possible
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Nothing will change if you change nothing :smile:

This ^
    qrichou wrote: »
    Paying for a game makes it serious i think.

And this ^

For those who say "we shouldn't take the game too seriously", I have to question their intent- because anyone who's laying down cold hard cash for entertainment takes it seriously.

If you're a Free 2 Play'er and don't take it seriously, then by all means- continue not to do so.

For those who actually spend money and invest in it, it's serious business. Money is what business is all about and you'd better believe businesses take it seriously, too.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use to feel like you about 2 months ago but for all the great things ESO is (and I agree) such as "Beautiful environment, interesting questing, many great players and constant updates to give the game a new look", the recent issues I have been having far out weight any pleasure I get out of the above.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some don't have other games to go to is my guess, there's a bulk of players here that are playing ESO while waiting for WoW: Legion to come out and I'm one of them. The bugs don't bother me I'm not as invested into this game that intensely, while there are improvements I like to see done with the classes and in-game mechanics; it's not something I'm going to fret over if it doesn't work. I'm having fun for now, once Legion releases I'm back over there until then this is my game to keep from burning out before I got back, the long hiatus will be a nice refresher.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because broken promises while holes being burned in wallets from ZO$.
    Edited by Justice31st on June 30, 2016 11:36PM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Jdevil_1018
    Jdevil_1018
    ✭✭✭
    So your the guy that enjoys spending money on broken things ? Nice
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no sympathy for the hard core PVP crowd that bitched and moaned that there weren't enough people to kill when we had multiple campaigns so the campaigns got nerfed to shite and now you have lagballodille! WTF! You just don't know how to be happy if you ask me. I liked having quiet campaigns with few people around that I could go PVE in with just a small risk of getting ganked. You basically chased all PVEer's out of Cyrodil when you got your wish having just 1 30 day campaign, 1 7 day campaign, 1 Non-Vet and 1 non-Champ. So Suck it! You want the lag to go away, start crying for more campaigns and get them back or STFU!

This is for the NA Whiners. EU still has 4 30 day campaigns as they should.
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on June 30, 2016 11:43PM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm always happy . I even smile while I'm complaining .
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your the guy that enjoys spending money on broken things ? Nice

Spending money on a game is a waste anyways...

19.gif
    Edited by Tryxus on July 1, 2016 12:00AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As someone who has been playing for less than a year, the game plays worse now than when I started playing it and that indicates that something is not right.

We do not get a choice to not install the latest patch so are forced to accept the poor quality of each new patch. I cannot even uninstall the game and start from scratch because it will simply reinstall the dodgy patches before it lets me play.

I still play, enjoying the parts of the game that are still working and pay a sub. Maybe that means I am the fool, but you can't say I am not giving them an opportunity to fix things.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is that LOL button when I need it...

What you are saying is 'hey, the game is broken and not working properly, but eh... That is alright'. I guess Zenimax has the same stance and that is why they fail as a company.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good positive thinking on your part, and yes, this game is very good, and despise the many bugs and issues (which many games with it vastness will have). The development of ESO is quite ambitious, and Bethesda have done a tremendous job in the development of this game. However, a lot of the contents are quite serious.. like Vet Maelstrom and Vet Dungeons, for example. Hard to relax or have fun when you're being thrashed left and right by enemy hits from 10K and upwards. Maybe when I have more defensive and offensive abilities to absorb more damages and able to dish out more damages and not die so much.. it will be more fun and relaxing. This isn't your kids' Mario Kart. Lol! But kudos for you for putting a positive thread enlight of many other seemingly frustrating ones.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP doesn't work.

I can't have fun.

I dont pvp. there's plenty wrong with pve.

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with op on a lot points. That said class balance will never be achieved. It's completely subjective and is usually code ZOS better support my build and play style... Or else. Bad players want this and good players want that. Honestly, after playing this game daily since PC launch the population of good players may be one percent. That's pushing it. I am in game with all the famous streamers and they are good and I can't beat them alone and probably never will aside from not have lich sets or tempering alloys, etc... to get the best gear. Even if I had them I could be better but not better than them but I play in the elite guilds on my faction they last 3-4 seconds even when they run in small groups or when I run in small group (I define as 6-8). A lot of the really really good players won't stay in a group they run off and try to do what they do all the time kill baddies. That said they only hurt themselves when a good player kills a bad player in a second or two then posts it as a video. ZOS is not going to say oh great that's good for the game lets make ppl more powerful. We would be foolish to believe that is good for the game or that we need to return to vamp dk emps walking while holding block having 20 players beat on them while they have a bats up before the last one was done... Oh yeah that was a thing.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭

PvP doesn't work.

I can't have fun.

I dont pvp. there's plenty wrong with pve.

I second this.

My share of the game is, well, it advertises something great but presents a clichè MMO. ZOS has the greatest PR I've seen in a while, the publicity around the game is far better than the game itself, and as the time goes by more people realize that.

-All the time they seem so professional, like "we're doing this blindfolded because we know it all when it comes to create a great MMO"...

The hate in the forums are really concerning though, and the overall impression is that ZOS is working hard to get things fixed, but they just can't - or intend to fix things in a way none really understands.

I agree with a post from another thread, where someone wished there was more communication between the company and the player base(and I don't mean a player council! Oh no) but have the community to actually feel that the developers are having fun or getting their share of things into the game... like, have they stream a Let's Play with the developer talking about what part he took in that content development, how many hundreds of hours he worked on that... or get a group to do the dungeon they designed...

... have we ever seen Matt Firor play the game? I remember his post with a lot of screenshots and I thought, "cool, he actually played the game..." but is he honestly enjoying it?

ZOS seems to be shrouded in so much mystery I don't know if they have something completely outstanding and great waiting for us or just don't and can't have people realize that, and MMO or general game industry have led us to the latter because getting into a false hype is worse than having nothing.
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭

I haven't PVPed in weeks, and still get disconnected and attacked during loading screens or by invisible mobs several times each night. For the console players, the bugs are pervasive to the point of unavoidable.

I really don't like my own tone during recent visits to these forums. But the only way these accumulating problems get fixed is players making noise.

There are meetings at ZOS every day at which priorities are discussed. Someone (probably from marketing) shows them that, despite all the complaints, people are still paying real world money for the stupid hat they just added to the Crown Store. And someone then says "Okay, then n developers should work on stabilizing the game, and 5xn devs should be designing the next mount skin."

Both of those people need to be fired. That's constructive criticism.

Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter