Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fermly dissagreeing gets threads closed ?

qrichou
qrichou
✭✭✭
Dear @ZOS_DaryaK i wonder who is to say when a discussion is leading some where or not, i personaly was content with some comments .
It appears however that 1 person can get a thread closed by dereailing , trolling and such .
Instead of using your "powers" to remove thoose , you closed the whole trhead .
I fermly dissagree with your dissision .
That beeing said it does show the overall attitude of. dealing with critic .
Greetings from a heavyly dissapointed paying customer.
because its possible
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this one will be locked. You realize you are complaining about the food to the chef right
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qrichou wrote: »
    Dear @ZOS_DaryaK i wonder who is to say when a discussion is leading some where or not, i personaly was content with some comments .
    It appears however that 1 person can get a thread closed by dereailing , trolling and such .

Unfortunately the political correctness era has leaked into the ESO forums, and only calling out a ZOS employee in a thread will get you another warning or ban.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and discussing moderation gets threads closed, too.

Just sayin.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately the political correctness era has leaked into the ESO forums, and only calling out a ZOS employee in a thread will get you another warning or ban.

damn that would mean i can,t iwrite my im queting eso tread
    because its possible
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭

Just sayin.

so much for transparancy :wink:
    because its possible
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I firmly disagree with your spelling
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto.

"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd approve of them coming in and moderating that. :D
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭

i akree i am dutch sooo . yep it aint perfect.
    because its possible
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    waht iss ferm meane?
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    liv3mind wrote: »
    waht iss ferm meane?

oops uhm firmly .
    ferm is the dutch word
    because its possible
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    because its possible
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A friendly advice, that is most probably going to be flamed to death again: if you do not want your threads closed, learn to not use swear words, learn to reply to other posts by not namecalling and try to improve your vocabulary.

The way you write and react to others disagreeing with you, more or less ensures that mods will use the slightes justification imagineable to close your topics, since they will inevitably end in flames.
    Edited by Leandor on June 30, 2016 11:20PM
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    A friendly advice, that is most probably going to be flamed to death again: if you do not want your threads closed, learn to not use swear words, learn to reply to other posts by not namecalling and try to improve your vocabulary.

The way you write and react to others disagreeing with you, more or less ensures that mods will use the slightes justification imagineable to close your topics, since they will inevitably end in flames.

Well i think you are right , but i always could handle trolls ,funny guy,s and such .
    I even like a good friendly pook.
    But it seems that when on a forum i need to talk as if im talking to fragile granny,s with weak harts .
    And standinbg up for yourself seems bad here .
    because its possible
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I applaud your bold and refreshing punctuation decisions.
    Edited by Armitas on June 30, 2016 11:51PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

QFT!
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This problem is common on many forums.

While I think there are times when threads go bad and there simply aren't enough mods to police it to keep the discussion civil so the thread has to be closed, sometimes it seems like they just see a few bad posts and use them as an excuse to shut down discussion of a sensitive topic.

The only constructive suggestion I can make is to try reddit. It may vary by sub but as a general rule I find moderation to be less ham-fisted there.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And making threads about threads that get closed cause of firmly disagreeing get closed too

Happy Thread Lock Day everyone <3
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    I applaud your bold and refreshing punctuation decisions.

The adrinaline is slowly fading for me i ques
    because its possible
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    And making threads about threads that get closed cause of firmly disagreeing get closed too

Happy Thread Lock Day everyone <3

HTLD!

fireworks-animated-gif-7.gif
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »

This problem is common on many forums.

While I think there are times when threads go bad and there simply aren't enough mods to police it to keep the discussion civil so the thread has to be closed, sometimes it seems like they just see a few bad posts and use them as an excuse to shut down discussion of a sensitive topic.

The only constructive suggestion I can make is to try reddit. It may vary by sub but as a general rule I find moderation to be less ham-fisted there.

imma bit of cave man but i will try to get in/on and maybe it will work .
    Only since launch of this game i got into internet .
    I said my dear annaloog phone goodbye and got viber .
    I Try.
    because its possible
  • Theodorus
    Theodorus
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

Well, I have a teaching degree in English and I get my threads closed all the time...

Walking Dead survival tip ... just run faster than Otis
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fermly dissagreeing gets threads closed?
    I find this to be a paradox ...
    idea.gif
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just sayin.

so much for transparancy :wink:

It's a game, not a government.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Fermly dissagreeing gets threads closed?
    I find this to be a paradox ...
    idea.gif

yep , like the big discussion about cheats and exploits where they want us to talk about
    but not name it .
    because its possible
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ferm.
    PC EU
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a thread is closed there is usually a reason behind it which is outlined by the closing message. We do not close threads on a whim, however the reasons behind a closure can vary on the circumstances of that thread. If you would like to discuss the choice with the moderator we suggest that you message the moderator.

PMing is fine but discussing moderation is not for open forum discussion. This is clearly stated in our rules.
    As such this thread is closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.