Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like an in game weekly lottery?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
A weekly in game lottery, pay 1000 gold in game and have a chance at a huge pile of gold. Yay or ney?

An example of cash rewards can be;
1-50%
2-20%
3-10%
4-10 - Rouhly 3% each (split the remainder equally)
This is just an example, I'm sure it can be done better.

Do you think this would be a cool idea? For a measly fee of 1000 gold with the chance of making a lot of gold.

Only 1 ticket per person/account/ or character.

I'm sure people will say its lore breaking etc. But there's many lore breaking things in this game. You could maybe pass it off as a Sheogorath mad game, or maybe another daedric prince?

Thoughts?
Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on June 30, 2016 8:44PM
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red

Would you like an in game weekly lottery? 32 votes

Yes, make it happen
43%
Fat_Cat45deepseamk20b14_ESOHjelmerinaEnemy-of-ColdharbourMrCray78sadownikAzurephoenix999Saoirse_SiobhanCaptainVenomEshelmenBeardimusWrecking_Blow_SpamVipstaakkiRavenRoxie 14 votes
No, I'm already rich
43%
SteveCampsOutkwisatzdennissomb16_ESOAbeilleclocksstoppephaneub17_ESORunsVercingetorixBlackbird_VUnsent.SoulMinute_WaltzVoxicityGarldeenFLuFFyxMuFFiN 14 votes
Other - please explain
12%
SlurgidkElsonsoMic1007 4 votes
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make it happen
    Cool idea, though if it was run by Uncle Sheo, you might end up with only a fishy stick.
    PC/EU DC
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm already rich
    I'm not rich, I just don't like lotteries :T
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Marque
    Marque
    ✭✭
    I see the merit behind this, though I don't know if you are aware that raffles are already a common occurrence in large trading guilds. I fail to see much difference between your idea and what already takes place.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make it happen
    Of course...who wouldn't want an opportunity at free stuff?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you implying zenimax should make an in game lottery for a huge cashout to some random few people? That's what guild raffles are for, I see no reason why you would put this in the game.
    Master Debater
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please explain
    There are already lotteries in game.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make it happen

All the guild lotteries are a scam...

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other - please explain

I've won at least four times and no, I'm not a guild officer of the guilds I've won in.

As has been pointed out, there currently is a player-run system in place for people who wish to participate.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm already rich

Yeah... The same people tend to win prizes quite a bit. They also just happen to be the same people who donate items to the guild auctions, who bid on the guild auctions, who donate a ton of gold to the guild bank... It can't just be that they put in so many more raffle tickets than other users that their name comes up so often. /s
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other - please explain
    Runs wrote: »

Yeah... The same people tend to win prizes quite a bit. They also just happen to be the same people who donate items to the guild auctions, who bid on the guild auctions, who donate a ton of gold to the guild bank... It can't just be that they put in so many more raffle tickets than other users that their name comes up so often. /s
    Gotta play to win. Other than that it's RNG.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make it happen
    Yes guild lotteries but many casuals are not in guilds.

Imagine 10,000 people entered the lottery, the winner would get 50% of 10,000x1000 = 5 million gold.

No guild lottery/scam/raffle can compete with that.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on June 30, 2016 10:41PM
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make it happen
    Some guilds do this. I think the game really needs gambling in Inns and races etc loads of stuff like that.
    Edited by Beardimus on June 30, 2016 10:49PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other - please explain

Not all of them. They can be run in a manner that makes it transparent and honest.

I participate in one, and I am sure there are others.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make it happen
    Lotteries......wheel spins....surveys....whatever. They should do something. I played BNS for awhile and it was nice to be able to get a couple of spins everyday and get some items. Even a small chance you'll land on a really nice item.

There should be a weekly survey where ZoS could better find out issues and get a better idea about what the player base wants as opposed to just a few people (comparatively speaking) on the forums.

Heck, even if they just put a gambling spot in one of the major hubs where you get 2 or 3 spins a day with chances to win mats and stuff that would be cool. Anyone remember the frog race? Not sure if it's still there but imagine players could place high stake bets on frogs or guar racing. Eh, that would never happen....But weekly surveys and some sort of spin to win is easy enough to do.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I'm already rich
    Gambling is cancer.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, make it happen
    Lotteries......wheel spins....surveys....whatever. They should do something. I played BNS for awhile and it was nice to be able to get a couple of spins everyday and get some items. Even a small chance you'll land on a really nice item.

There should be a weekly survey where ZoS could better find out issues and get a better idea about what the player base wants as opposed to just a few people (comparatively speaking) on the forums.

Heck, even if they just put a gambling spot in one of the major hubs where you get 2 or 3 spins a day with chances to win mats and stuff that would be cool. Anyone remember the frog race? Not sure if it's still there but imagine players could place high stake bets on frogs or guar racing. Eh, that would never happen....But weekly surveys and some sort of spin to win is easy enough to do.

Yes, need more people like you. I'm all for changes like these.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red