The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampires can't assassinate...

KingDuncanVII
KingDuncanVII
✭✭✭
Is there a way to actually use the Blade of Woe as a Vampire? Sneaking up behind an NPC allows me to feed, not assassinate. Do I have to get rid of my Vampirism now?
Playstation 4 - North American Server - Aldmeri Dominion - Champion Rank 430
Magicka Altmer Nightblade | - Champion
Magicka Regaurd Templar | - Champion
Stamina Khajiit Nightblade | - Champion
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you get a bit closer the blade will work just got to be careful to be in the right range for it.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's tricky for vamps. I don't know why they used the same darn key for both feeding and the blade of woe. But it's all based on distance. You have to be careful. It's a bad mechanic and I don't understand why they did this.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    Ah okay. So you have to be on their backs to assassinate? Or slightly distant?
    Edited by KingDuncanVII on June 30, 2016 2:42PM
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    fairly close when I had vamp I accidentally fed a few times b4 getting the hang of it........ I converted to WW :P
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well Vampires like to eat instead of straight up killing their victim
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    well Vampires like to eat instead of straight up killing their victim

Only to clench their blood thirst. They don't just go around eating everyone.They're not feral. Lol.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a problem I've noticed on higher or lower elevations from the target the blade of woe won't give the synergy until right next to them (touching) and your discovered. It passes me off, hope ZOS fixes before DB style motif is available.
    NA/PC
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to be behind the target for both. Closer than 5 meters prompts for Blade of Woe and past 5 meters is Feed.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started running DB on my Vamp Nightblade. This is really annoying and needs to be looked at. More than once I have accidentally feed on a victim that then told the whole darn neighborhood what happened.

I know that once you are close enough, the icon will change from "feed" to "blade of woe", but what I have noticed is that if you are crouched and about to use the BoW and your target decides to move, sometimes it will feed even without the icon changing.

Simple solution, allow the BoW (and Feed) to be keybound like pretty much everything else in this game. This should never have left PTS in this state.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple times ive fed on a civilian and got a bounty by accident because i was trying to use the blade of woe :P
    PS4 NA DC
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, the devs gave us a very lame advice!
    Thanks so much, ZO$!! /sarcasm
    Edited by Van_0S on June 30, 2016 3:21PM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon on esoui.com, called Vampire's Woe or something; that helps a lot.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an addon on esoui.com, called Vampire's Woe or something; that helps a lot.

Pfft.... :D
    So, the players do the fix for ZO$ :D
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've killed dozens with the blade as a vamp. Move closer, problem solved, also, read what it says before you mash the button.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    It's tricky for vamps. I don't know why they used the same darn key for both feeding and the blade of woe. But it's all based on distance. You have to be careful. It's a bad mechanic and I don't understand why they did this.

I agree. It gets easier with some practice, but until I got used to it, it was a pain.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ This, it makes it so much easier. Ultimately it would be nice if ZOS offered this as an option in-game.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ChrispyRambo
    ChrispyRambo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you have to be closer than the the feeding position. But I also notice that sometimes you have to push the buttons more than once before it registers. It will make the sound effects of the "Blade Of Woe" but they don't always die first try. It can be glitchy at times.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no issues using blade of woe on my vamp. One just needs to pay attention to make sure the UI indicates BoW. After a bit you'll get used to the distance for using it.