The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Lag and your gear

Hempyre
Hempyre
✭✭✭✭
I had bad lag in Cyri primetime zergfest, sound drop out, unplayable in high mob density content such as Maelstrom and vet anything.

I upgraded my machine to an i7 6700k with a Gigabyte gaming 6 board. The board has a "game specific" NIC setup. I kept my HD7800 vid card for now.

I had figured most of the issues were on my end as my old cpu was pinned or close to it a fair amount, I hadnt realized how much my old network gear and setting were having an impact.

I had upgraded my connection from 5Mb down to 35Mb down and installed a new NIC in my old box but never saw more than 3-5Mb down.

On the new gear I'm seeing d/l speeds of 28-30Mb on steam and the lag in ESO has disappeared in all but primetime zergfest. All high mob density content is now playable and I now longer have sound dropout of any kind.

I see 80-100fps on high quality no shadows/reflection with drops into the 40's during combat. Again zergballs drop me into the low double digits but it's better than the 1-3fps slideshow I was seeing.

I cant wait to get my new vid card ;)

Even if you have quality gear you may not have optimized nework settings.
  • Clerics1985
    Clerics1985
    ✭✭✭
    I never have issues with FPS, for me it's literally always Latency. I'm using a Nvidia Ge force 7800 toaster with 8 gig ram rofl
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since 64bit is default and working with the launcher I have absolutely no FPS issues on Ultra High with SweetFX. o:)

GTX980
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to try the 64bit client. I bypass the launcher as I found it seemed to cause disconnects. Im going to give it a go today
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mady wrote: »
    Since 64bit is default and working with the launcher I have absolutely no FPS issues on Ultra High with SweetFX. o:)

GTX980

Go in Cyrodiil and post back. ur 6700 and 980 will fry like eggs.
    Edited by Malmai on June 30, 2016 8:07PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With your graphics card it's no surprise you have lag in trails and MA. As you said, you look forward to a new card. GL.
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    Mady wrote: »

GTX980

Go in Cyrodiil and post back. ur 6700 and 980 will fry like eggs.

I DO PvP most of the time. No problems. I stay away from zergs. At keeps my fps drop to 40 - 50, but that's still fine. GPU isn't getting hot since ESO isn't using the GPU that much. Not optimized.... Unfortunately
    Edited by Mady on July 1, 2016 4:55PM
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have yet to see or hear of a machine get higher than 25fps in the lag ball fest on Sunday afternoons on EU.
    PC EU