Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XB1 disconnect/dashboarding issues

ahill3780
ahill3780
Xbox 1 NOT FIXED, I got dashboarded over 10 times yesterday in Wrothgar, Hews Bane, and Grahtwood.

Wrothgar and Hews Bane are the most horrid places to try and navigate through for me due to constant crashing. Orisinium is off limits and I won't even attempt to go into the city anymore until it is confirmed resolved. Just trying to wayshrine into that city will crash 3 or more times before I can get out of it again.

The issue is so bad I cannot ride my horse anymore for fear of being booted to the dashboard because the game can't keep up with loading textures and elements ahead of me.

Any time I even approach a city i have to slow down to the slowest walk available to allow the game to load everything in the vicinity and often have to completely stop moving so that it can load all NPCs and textures, otherwise, dashboard I go.

As if that isn't frustrating enough, no less than 3 times I have gone to a treasure map or survey location and as soon as I kneel down to collect I get kicked out without getting my loot and losing my map because it gets removed from inventory as soon as you uncover the chest or discover the surveyed area.

This lag issue is seriously eroding my game play experience and has rendered the Orisinium DLC completely useless, I cannot play it and neither can my brother due to this issue.

This game takes up nearly 1/5 of my xbox HDD space and would require 1/3 of my monthly ISP bandwidth if I were to attempt to un-install and reinstall it, which I will not do.

I love this game but if this is not resolved soon I am going to have to cancel my plus subscription and go somewhere else because I can't stand the foul mood it puts me into after the third disconnect each day.

It is not an ISP issue, I have over 50MB/s sustained throughput, not a single dropped packet in a sustained ping test across the country, a completely open NAT on the router, a wired connection to the Xbox - not wireless, and have completely power cycled every component of my network from the modem to the router to the switch and the Xbox. Having been a network administrator for over 10 years I know how to identify a network issue and resolve it. If it is a network or routing problem causing this issue it does not exist between my xbox and my ISP head end.

This needs to be the top priority for the dev team and had better be addressed before the next DLC release in Update 11 or I am going to have a long hard talk with support and will expect compensation.

I really hope it gets fixed because I am highly excited for the introduction of text chat coming to console in update 11 and want to be able to enjoy finally having a chance to find a group to check out some dungeons, I refuse to burden a dungeon group with my disconnect issues as it stands and have actually never run any dungeons or trials, I would REALLY love to do so.
Edited by ahill3780 on June 30, 2016 5:54PM

XB1 disconnect/dashboarding issues 35 votes

Yes - I have disconnect issues
97%
NewBlacksmurfToast_STSTHEDKEXPERIENCEFuzzehhAeaerennavyspeedAzurephoenix999undefeatdgaulbrandonceemistermutiny89RebornV3xsianathDaishichiApplebladeSneaKMaxwellCEyecon74Oberon45johu31ComboBreaker88 34 votes
No - My game runs fine
2%
FloppyFrank 1 vote
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • ahill3780
    ahill3780
    Just to clarify, I am not trying to flog ZOS with this post, I know they are aware of the issue and are working on it. My hope is to help gauge the scope of the issue and possibly help narrow it if we can. Just let me know if you have an issue and perhaps which region you are in. I am on the NA Megaserver in the southeast US. Perhaps we can help locate a specific area that may have routing or DNS issues by providing location information. Anything to help speed a resolution would be beneficial to all IMO.

Thanks all.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ahill3780 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, I am not trying to flog ZOS with this post, I know they are aware of the issue and are working on it. My hope is to help gauge the scope of the issue and possibly help narrow it if we can. Just let me know if you have an issue and perhaps which region you are in. I am on the NA Megaserver in the southeast US. Perhaps we can help locate a specific area that may have routing or DNS issues by providing location information. Anything to help speed a resolution would be beneficial to all IMO.

Thanks all.

To quote my guildmate when he was informed that ZOS is working on a fix: "They're never going to fix it. How do I know? Well, they never fixed Cyrodiil despite telling us that they're working on fixes. What makes you think anything will be different here?"

The irony is that he said this ten minutes before we crashed - twice - during the last boss in Banished Cells.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ahill3780 wrote: »

Thanks all.

Wrothgar is an absolute nightmare for me. It runs ridiculously slowly whenever I go anywhere near the populated areas, and if I take a single step inside a building a crash is pretty much 100% guaranteed.

Once I get hit with one crash, I will receive another one upon relogging, and another, and another. One of my characters is basically trapped inside the bath house and I can't do a thing with it.

In all honesty, I think the only fair way to handle this regarding compensation is to give it to all xbox players who either submitted a ticket to support or own one or more of the relevant expansions.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Im with you, its absolutely ridiculous & the fact that they still cant get it fixed (or arent even trying) is extremely disturbing. All games have issues but this is making certain LARGE parts of the game completely unplayable & they havent done anything to get it sorted out.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    vMA is extra hard mode with the red circles not showing up anymore from enemy AOE attacks.

Crypt of hearts the enemies do not load on screen. They are invisible and can attack you, you cannot single target them. This happens elsweyr too but the worst I saw was CoH.
    Edited by Toast_STS on June 30, 2016 6:39PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    No - My game runs fine
    woops chose wrong one. meant to chose i have disconnect issues. it's honestly such *** how ZOS manages to find a way to *** up their game even more after each dlc
    Xbone GT: x mech duck x
  • ThatAlaskanDude
    ThatAlaskanDude
    ✭✭✭
    I keep crashing before my character even loads (He's trapped in Orsinium). I can't find a work around for this and it pisses me off too. Thank god I never bought ESO plus to begin with.
  • ahill3780
    ahill3780
    I would almost say that maybe introducing channels to the servers (similar to Tera on PC) to help separate players in areas and lighten the lobby load might help - it would certainly be beneficial to players, especially when trying to farm materials - but honestly I don't think it would make any difference and probably end up making it worse.
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely terrible. It's mind boggling to me how they can allow something so broken to be released.. And I have never been one to complain, always one to understand. But this, is inexcusable; and is saying a lot to me on where this company seems to be heading.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm averaging 1 disconnect in Cyrodill every 20 minutes and at this point I think I should consider myself lucky.

In the Gold Coast I average 6 loading screens between the DB wayshrine picking up a quest and back to the same wayshrine. There should be only 2 (in and out the door).

Even in Stormhold I get at least 1 between the wayshrine and the bank which is about 50 feet away.
  • ahill3780
    ahill3780
    I keep crashing before my character even loads (He's trapped in Orsinium). I can't find a work around for this and it pisses me off too. Thank god I never bought ESO plus to begin with.

I contacted support when this happened to me, I had to provide them my xbox gamer tag and character name and asked them to move me to Skywatch in Auridon and they were able to do that for me.
  • Eyecon74
    Eyecon74
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a character stuck in wrothgar, each time I try to get to him I either crash loading or crash within 4 seconds of load finish, guess he's a write off..
    Maybe cancelling my eso+ will release my character
    The disconnects and loading screens every 20 seconds are making it hard to even play..
    Edited by Eyecon74 on June 30, 2016 8:24PM
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    I was in PVP and started to rush the keep with about 10-15 other players vs around 20 and the game crashed and dashboarded. Safe to say I will be finishing Fallout 4 now. Someone message me when this gets fixed. I also unsubscribed.
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    They know. 2-3 weeks for a fix.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vMA is extra hard mode with the red circles not showing up anymore from enemy AOE attacks.

Crypt of hearts the enemies do not load on screen. They are invisible and can attack you, you cannot single target them. This happens elsweyr too but the worst I saw was CoH.

This happened to my group a few days ago.
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be a little more informative, it helps to understand the underlying cause of all the problems.

Its on the client end, and has resulted from a clash between Windows 10's (XBox OS version) memory handling, and the ESO client memory allocation, inadvertently causing a massive memory leak.

Windows 10 has terrible memory handling, and anyone with a desktop machine that runs it with the 64 bit client will tell you that a Memory leak issue causes frequent crashes.

One of the reasons it has been getting worse is because the XBox OS is still very much a beta/dev version, and MS keep on altering the way it handles memory allocation. The ZOS devs are thus now chasing a moving target, and I suspect this will be far from the last of these kind of issues on the XBox.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until I see a realistic strategy and actions that align with ZOS' words, I don't expect things to be fixed.

I've stopped buying DLC and ESO plus doesn't work without many tickets so I'm just playing certain gold zones and the parts that work

Haven't gotten in a dungeon now since DB release and there are more and more friends who aren't logging on each week.

Maybe when population and sales drop, ZOS will take things seriously.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501