The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vipers sting

sandimasguy
sandimasguy
Soul Shriven
Here is a question/discussion..... so on the vipers sting set it says does 7000ish poison damage with melee attacks. Does that mean with a stam dk or really any character that it adds that damage to a melee skill like blood craze or steel tornado or just light / heavy attacks?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any melee attack with proc it, note there is a cooldown of 4 seconds i believe. Melee Weapon AoE's also trigger this proc but only on 1 player. The damage is also effected by battle spirit in pvp.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on June 28, 2016 4:09PM
    PS4 NA DC
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a question/discussion..... so on the vipers sting set it says does 7000ish poison damage with melee attacks. Does that mean with a stam dk or really any character that it adds that damage to a melee skill like blood craze or steel tornado or just light / heavy attacks?

to be clear, i think it proc a separate 7kish poison attack, instead of adding to the melee attack you just did. That matter i believe for resistances.

NOTE: have not tested the new versions so cannot confirm but this is what i believe.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    it does a separate dmg, when you look at combat metrics its listed separately from melee attacks, overall it adds around 1400-1600 dps depending on rng.
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished acquiring parts of this set, I have shoulders, boots & waist with 2 rings and necklace. Whilst wearing the 5 piece set with shoulders & waist, I get a visual cue of the proc on the enemy - he gets red mist/rain effect rising above him.

However, I've now removed shoulders and replaced with a greatsword, and I can no longer see the visual proc, so no idea if it is working as it should or if there is a problem with it proc'ing with weapons - anyone know or experienced the same?

My Inventory still shows the 5 piece set bonus highlighted, but I'm whacking away with my greatsword and no visual cue as to whether it is proc'ing.
    Options
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Should have mentioned this is on Xbox1
    Options
  • geophonic_ESO
    geophonic_ESO
    ✭✭
    It´s a neat little set that clearly has its greatest benefits for any class which can boost poison damage, i.e. the DK.
    It procs pretty much on any melee attack, not just light & heavy.

However, due to the cooldown it adds some 1500-1700dps. Don´t expect a game changer here.
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s a neat little set that clearly has its greatest benefits for any class which can boost poison damage, i.e. the DK.
    It procs pretty much on any melee attack, not just light & heavy.

However, due to the cooldown it adds some 1500-1700dps. Don´t expect a game changer here.

This is a bit of misinformation that keeps popping up since DB DLC release. The DK passives only buff poison AOE damage and the poisoned status effect they do not directly buff poison attacks in any way. Poison Status Effect damage is not very significant, with almost 4k weapon damage and 33k stamina they do about 1k every 2 seconds or so.

The proc from this set would only be another chance to proc a poisoned status effect and on top of 2 class based DoT's that can proc it as well as bow DoT, any extra chance from this set is completely insignificant. The fact that its a guaranteed proc on melee attacks every 4 seconds makes the set a nice direct boost to any melee build.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭

This is a bit of misinformation that keeps popping up since DB DLC release. The DK passives only buff poison AOE damage and the poisoned status effect they do not directly buff poison attacks in any way. Poison Status Effect damage is not very significant, with almost 4k weapon damage and 33k stamina they do about 1k every 2 seconds or so.

The proc from this set would only be another chance to proc a poisoned status effect and on top of 2 class based DoT's that can proc it as well as bow DoT, any extra chance from this set is completely insignificant. The fact that its a guaranteed proc on melee attacks every 4 seconds makes the set a nice direct boost to any melee build.

this may be true for stam dk, on a stam sork in a 48 second bloodspawn parse the highest i have been able to get this set to add is 1680 dps, so no its not a massive game changer, this is with 73% crit: 5xVipers/5xNightmothers/Maelstrom dagger & axe dw/Maelstrom bow.
    <Liv3mind>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    liv3mind wrote: »

this may be true for stam dk, on a stam sork in a 48 second bloodspawn parse the highest i have been able to get this set to add is 1680 dps, so no its not a massive game changer, this is with 73% crit: 5xVipers/5xNightmothers/Maelstrom dagger & axe dw/Maelstrom bow.

I did not mean what you think I meant. When I stated:
    The fact that its a guaranteed proc on melee attacks every 4 seconds makes the set a nice direct boost to any melee build.

I was meaning it is not a percentage increase, or percentage chance, or related to using a particular skill, or damage over time, but rather that is is a guaranteed proc of direct damage which is nice. Also that the bonus is not really any better for DK's than any other class. I did not intend to be understood that it was a guaranteed DPS increase for all classes or all builds.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭

The fact that its a guaranteed proc on melee attacks every 4 seconds makes the set a nice direct boost to any melee build.

I was meaning it is not a percentage increase, or percentage chance, or related to using a particular skill, or damage over time, but rather that is is a guaranteed proc of direct damage which is nice. Also that the bonus is not really any better for DK's than any other class. I did not intend to be understood that it was a guaranteed DPS increase for all classes or all builds.

got it, yeah misunderstood on my part then, it is a cool proc, i am still running it, but im not competitive with my stam sorc, so really its for fun and because i had the drops from Vso, i would like to see it fixed though, iirc @hedna123b14_ESO stated it was broken and not working off the correct cp or something i cant remember exactly? maybe he can clarify for me
    <Liv3mind>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

got it, yeah misunderstood on my part then, it is a cool proc, i am still running it, but im not competitive with my stam sorc, so really its for fun and because i had the drops from Vso, i would like to see it fixed though, iirc @hedna123b14_ESO stated it was broken and not working off the correct cp or something i cant remember exactly? maybe he can clarify for me

Viper works off of spell crit, meaning it won't be doing much more than the base, since our spell crit is low and the average damage there forever will be low. Once this is fixed though, the set will become quite powerful in single Target PvE.
    Options