The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Top Dps(damage dealer) Dark Brotherhood DLC

sungaze
sungaze
Whats best dps or damage dealer class and race at the moment with dark brotherhood changes? i'm thinking to start fresh, what should i choose, i want pure and most damage. means almost one shot kills.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sungaze wrote: »
    Whats best dps or damage dealer class and race at the moment with dark brotherhood changes? i'm thinking to start fresh, what should i choose, i want pure and most damage. means almost one shot kills.

You can't fail with Stamplar.
    Master Debater
  • drumbendrum_ESO
    drumbendrum_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I just pumped out 36k DPS on my stam sorc the other night so I am feeling pretty good about that class now. I was not at first but I didn't play with it enough to see what the potential for DMG could be.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina DKs have the best straightforward single target DPS, but DPS is conditional on the fight you are working on.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE Single Target - Stamina DK (Has access to extra DoTs)
    PvE Multi Target - Stamina Sorc (Has a really strong AoE DoT and instant kill chance on Low HP Trash Mobs) or Stamina NB (Very Fast Ultimate Regen, so more Utimates)
    PvP Single Target - Stamina NB (Massive Burst) or Magicka Templar (OP survivability, OP burst)
    PvP Multi Target - Any class really as along as they have good sustain and survivability
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can get 39k with my magplar that only has 445 CP. Any class can DPS like crazy. You just need to have the right potions and a bunch of skills equipped that make your 1 or 2 attacks hit harder.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can get 39k with my magplar that only has 445 CP. Any class can DPS like crazy. You just need to have the right potions and a bunch of skills equipped that make your 1 or 2 attacks hit harder.

I'm interested to see what your bars/sets/weapon setups are. I've just got back into magplar with a Breton. I've been looking at deltias omega build for ideas but haven't found the right niche. I'm on xbox btw.
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonknights
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any class, stam or mag, is fine.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm interested to see what your bars/sets/weapon setups are. I've just got back into magplar with a Breton. I've been looking at deltias omega build for ideas but haven't found the right niche. I'm on xbox btw.

Put half your blue CP into Elemental Expert and Thurmatauge. Exactly 50/50. Each one gives me 19 to 21 more magic.

5 Julianos, 1 Molag Kena, 2 Magus. All infused with gold magicka enchants and all light armor.

All willpower jewelry with spell power enchants.

Spell power potions.

Bar 1- Breath of Life-Dark Flare- Radiant Oppression- Structured Entropy- Inner Light- Ice Comet

Bar 2- BoL- Charging Manuvers- Mist Form- SE - IL - Practiced Incantation.

Bar 1 has a destro staff, bar 2 has a resto staff.

Magic is about 40,287 on the DPS bar, with buffed spell power 3288. That's off of memory but I think that's exact.

I'm also an Imperial

Downside: My race doesn't help much because 12 months ago I never thought I'd end up as a DPS character and I don't have the undaunted passives so I go 7/7. My recoveries are BAD. I use my staves to heavy attack to regain resources. This works very well in large fights.

Upside: Ice comet into RO will melt 80% of players in under a second. ENT-DF-RO will melt about 1 out 3 people. My best tick was 39,883 (off of memory) but 25k DPS is very easily sustainable. I'm on XBox so my hands are tied a bit to know exacts.

The most important thing to know is that 50/50 CP split and magicka enchants. I know I am "supposed" to use spell power and divines, but I've hit a hockey stick curve recently where my character just keeps getting leaps and bounds better the closer I get to the cap. I feel like I broke the game to be honest and my build makes no sense to most people. I'm ok with this.

When race change comes I'm gonna go high elf and I think my character will basically be shooting lasers out of his eyeballs.

Enjoy!

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam DK is probably number one right now. Although, I am acutally starting to see crazy numbers with Stam Sorc. It is really close to the same build. A Stam DK only uses like 3 DK abilities.

What you need to know about all the stam builds people are raving about is that they are dependent on VMA weapons to be able to hit the crazy numbers people are posting. If you dont have weapons, and dont plan to get them, stam is very average as a DD at the moment. It is also not great for burst, these builds take a while to get rolling, but on long fights, they are amazing.

Magic based DPS is the most balanced it has ever been. People at the high end are hitting 40k on every class. If going Magic, you have 2 broad playstyles. Range and Melee. Ranged is usually a little easier to play from a surviving standpoint, and it is also better on mobile bosses.

Sorc and NB will be ranged. There damage potential at the extreme end is very close. Both are pew pew style builds based around force pulse. NB might be a few more things to juggle, but it is also a little more forgiving than sorc if you mess up. If you have neither, I think Magic NB is a little more versatile class at the moment.

DK and Templar are both Melee. Templar is definitely the easier of the builds to play. If you were missing half your fingers and needed to pull 30k with a gun to your head, Templar is the way to do it. DK has probably the most DoTs of any class to juggle, but the damage potential is very high. In reality, they are only a few k behind stam DK at the moment, and the rotation is easier IMO. They also have pretty amazing group utility (chains and deep breath) and excellent self heals (Burning Embers and deep breath). Magic DK is my main trial toon still and I have them all.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Put half your blue CP into Elemental Expert and Thurmatauge. Exactly 50/50. Each one gives me 19 to 21 more magic.

5 Julianos, 1 Molag Kena, 2 Magus. All infused with gold magicka enchants and all light armor.

All willpower jewelry with spell power enchants.

Spell power potions.

Bar 1- Breath of Life-Dark Flare- Radiant Oppression- Structured Entropy- Inner Light- Ice Comet

Bar 2- BoL- Charging Manuvers- Mist Form- SE - IL - Practiced Incantation.

Bar 1 has a destro staff, bar 2 has a resto staff.

Magic is about 40,287 on the DPS bar, with buffed spell power 3288. That's off of memory but I think that's exact.

I'm also an Imperial

Downside: My race doesn't help much because 12 months ago I never thought I'd end up as a DPS character and I don't have the undaunted passives so I go 7/7. My recoveries are BAD. I use my staves to heavy attack to regain resources. This works very well in large fights.

Upside: Ice comet into RO will melt 80% of players in under a second. ENT-DF-RO will melt about 1 out 3 people. My best tick was 39,883 (off of memory) but 25k DPS is very easily sustainable. I'm on XBox so my hands are tied a bit to know exacts.

The most important thing to know is that 50/50 CP split and magicka enchants. I know I am "supposed" to use spell power and divines, but I've hit a hockey stick curve recently where my character just keeps getting leaps and bounds better the closer I get to the cap. I feel like I broke the game to be honest and my build makes no sense to most people. I'm ok with this.

When race change comes I'm gonna go high elf and I think my character will basically be shooting lasers out of his eyeballs.

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot. I'm going to be online this weekend. My gamertag is same as here, Unsent Soul. I'd like to maybe get into some further discussions via party or game chat if your free and will be online. I'm on NA server and my magplar is on DC but we can still chat via xbox party.