The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Names of the Fallen

Fruitmass
Fruitmass
✭✭✭✭
Went into Trolhetta, saw the quest marker hovering over the corpse of a soldier and clicked it. Picked up the amulet but don't remember receiving any quest prompt. Checked my journal to see if maybe I just spaced and clicked through it (it happens) but nothing listed. So I check my inventory, no amulet. I have the "Amulet of the Pact" which is related to the quest "Securing the Pass" but not the one for "Names of the Fallen".

Did the usual troubleshoot. Reload UI, Disabled addons, logged out and back in, even quit "Securing the Pass" just to see if maybe there was an issue there. Sadly none of those things worked. The dead soldier who starts it all off never shows back up again, so I have to assume I'm flagged as having the quest but as I said it's not listed in my journal and there's no signs of it being active.

I did put in an in game bug report but I don't suppose anybody else has run into this issue and maybe knows of a way to fix it?

Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Moonsorrow9
    Moonsorrow9
    Soul Shriven
    Did you ever fix this? I'm having a similar problem. After interacting with the soldier I have the Amulet of the Pact in my inventory, in the miscellaneous section instead of quest items for some reason, but nothing is showing up in my journal. Putting the amulet in the bank makes a black arrow show above the soldier's head but interacting with him doesn't do anything.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I finally got the quest working after the maintenance. The body finally showed up again and I could grab the amulet. Still no dialogue prompt for the quest after picking it up though. However you should be able to double click the amulet in your inventory to use it and start the quest up.
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Moonsorrow9
    Moonsorrow9
    Soul Shriven
    Fruitmass wrote: »
    Yeah, I finally got the quest working after the maintenance. The body finally showed up again and I could grab the amulet. Still no dialogue prompt for the quest after picking it up though. However you should be able to double click the amulet in your inventory to use it and start the quest up.

Why did I not think to do that? Thanks
  • Necrus011
    Necrus011
    ✭✭
    I am getting this bug. I cannot even get the amulet. Any fixes or others having this issue?
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    Fruitmass wrote: »

Why did I not think to do that? Thanks

Did this work?

I got as far as picking up the amulet but then nothing, and no I did not click to use the amulet.

So did this work for you? I might try that tonite