The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Argonians: Better, but not quite.

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Needs to be at least 7% magicka, preferably 9%.

The 3% currently on the PTS is pretty pointless, and not up to par with other races.

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about 3% magika and 3% stamina? Why i need to choice a race Based on max magika Vs max stamina
    Signature

• susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all.

They are fine now with 9% healing done.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

The 3% currently on the PTS is pretty pointless, and not up to par with other races.

Silly, who cares about just for fun bonus 1% Alliance Points, 1% Gold, or in case of argonians 3% magicka?
    It totally doesn't matter. Quit ignoring positives and core racials of 9% healing done.

Play a healer in group and you hopefully learn to appreciate what that means.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All resto staff heals scale off max magicka. So without a meaningful magicka boost, the 8% extra healing actually balances out and they end up just losing the DPS of Altmer/Dunmer damage bonus or sustain of Altmer regen max magicka/Breton cost reduction.

Altmer/Breton will still be better races for healing in Hist.

Like I said it is better, but not there yet.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »

Silly, who cares about just for fun bonus 1% Alliance Points, 1% Gold, or in case of argonians 3% magicka?
    It totally doesn't matter. Quit ignoring positives and core racials of 9% healing done.

In the case of Argonians, it's still Swim Speed :p

Anyways, even with 3% Mag Magicka, Argonians are still gonna make the best healers and MagBlades out there due to these new passives (except the swim speed ofc :p )
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm just not seeing how 3% more magicka and 8% healing done is a game changer.

Meanwhile Redguards get to keep their ridiculous 9% stamina regen, 10% stamina total, restore massive stamina on melee strikes?

I just don't see how that is in any remote way balanced.
    Edited by Phinix1 on June 30, 2016 1:24PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I they could only attack from deep water at range.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

Anyways, even with 3% Mag Magicka, Argonians are still gonna make the best healers and MagBlades out there due to these new passives (except the swim speed ofc :p )

Why would they be good magblades? Like a healer magblade? Otherwise they're just maybe the 4th best magblade after the other 3 magicka races.

This whole Argonians as healers thing is ridiculous. Talk about a loose interpretation of histskin or wherever the devs got that idea. Argonians are and always have been silent swampland killers.

They should reduce the healing given and give them more max magicka, if that's what it takes to balance them. It really sucks that they're pigeonholing them like that. Not all Argonians want to heal.
    Edited by Junkogen on June 30, 2016 1:29PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »

Why would they be good magblades? Like a healer magblade? Otherwise they're just maybe the 4th best magblade after the other 3 magicka races.

This whole Argonians as healers thing is ridiculous. Talk about a loose interpretation of histskin or wherever the devs got that idea. Argonians are and always have been silent swampland killers.

They should reduce the healing given and give them more max magicka, if that's what it takes to balance them. It really sucks that they're pigeonholing them like that. Not all Argonians want to heal.

Well, I'm thinking an Argonian MagBlade with Clever Alchemist:

- Healing done affects Siphoning skills like Funnel/Swallow and Sap Essence AND Vampirism (Devouring Swarm)
    - Potion passive with Clever Alchemist synergy
    - Extra Magicka for Mag build (also a bit extra powah on top of Alchemist bonus)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All resto staff heals scale off max magicka. So without a meaningful magicka boost, the 8% extra healing actually balances out and they end up just losing the DPS of Altmer/Dunmer damage bonus or sustain of Altmer regen max magicka/Breton cost reduction.

Altmer/Breton will still be better races for healing in Hist.

Like I said it is better, but not there yet.

Yes! I don't understand why nobody sees that. Max magicka does so much more than either healing received or given. It makes everything stronger, not just one niche role. I don't get what people think is so great about healing given as opposed to more magicka. Also, that potion passive is such a bust. Potions are used at the beginning of battles to get the buffs. Therefore, you can't even see the benefit until 45 seconds into a fight. By then, the fight is probably over. In a prolonged engagement it helps, but I would rather just have active regen of whichever stat I specialize in. More magicka means more and stronger abilities can be used. The illusion of the Argonian passives is that they seem like they should be good, but when you break them down, they're not all they're cracked up to be.
    Edited by Junkogen on June 30, 2016 1:45PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are not good changes. Give me my healing received back.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    How dare You to whining about argoinians we all know they're OP since 2.3 :wink:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d50dLba3Tiw&feature=youtu.be
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- Healing done affects Siphoning skills like Funnel/Swallow and Sap Essence AND Vampirism (Devouring Swarm)
    - Extra Magicka for Mag build (also a bit extra powah on top of Alchemist bonus)

I was using this build and a vet dungeon run or two hours of pvp, cost you 15-20k gold...
    Signature

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    How dare You to whining about argoinians we all know they're OP since 2.3 :wink:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d50dLba3Tiw&feature=youtu.be

i don't know what i just watched but it changed my life

I'd like it if we were given more meaningful poison and/or disease resistance, but meh. I still view the PTS changes as an improvement over what I have right now.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New necropotence and the 3% will def push my argonian sorc abovbe 50k magicka which is great for a pet build. I'm just glad we got anything.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Not at all.

This. Is correct. As a healer 9% added healing with 3% max magika trumps 10% max magika. Argonians may now be the master race for healing.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at these changes
    does anybody at Zos knows *** their doin?
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I'm just not seeing how 3% more magicka and 8% healing done is a game changer.

Because you don't know what it means to keep groups or your self alive under pressure.
    No wonder when looking at 90% of Mickey Mouse PvE Content or playing PvP in zerg only.

• Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all.

This. Is correct. As a healer 9% added healing with 3% max magika trumps 10% max magika. Argonians may now be the master race for healing.

My Argonian Tank disagrees with you.

So does my Argonian Shadowscale.

Both of them rely heavily on healing received (from skills, potions and other players), and don't heal others.

If you're not a healer, this change is a straight up nerf to Argonians.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should keep the healing received passive and add the healing done bonus to that, so as to not mess up Argonians who build around increased healing received. What they did limits one race to being good at only one role. Yes it's better than not being good at anything at all, but a lot of people were making it work anyway, and their builds are getting messed up by this.

Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg u guys, healing done is same *** AS blessed. Listen carefully:

U still heal yourself for 9% more and NOW even ohers. Its a *** buff, plz get it now.
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Omg u guys, healing done is same *** AS blessed. Listen carefully:

U still heal yourself for 9% more and NOW even ohers. Its a *** buff, plz get it now.

But my Tank doesn't get increased heals from the healer any more. Get it?
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any Altmer's Regen beats the potion passive by far. No matter how much you stack stats on a Argonian, Altmer and Dunmer would always be better than Argonian mag classes.
    Edited by susmitds on June 30, 2016 4:02PM
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but Argonian passives are simply bad. They pidgeon hole us into self heal or healer builds. The potion passive is both limited, costly and situational (45s cd). The resistances are relatively low and don't even affect debuff poisons in pvp.

I guess at least we have a vague direction of travel now as a healer.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem like an odd choice. The change from healing received to healing done is kind of a wash. It reduces the strength of Argonian tanks while increasing the strength of Argonian healers. It keeps self-healing mostly level, but it has reduced benefits in group content (when someone else will be healing you). The increased magicka is fairly minimal but is still better than the nothing we have now.

The Argonian benefit for drinking potions is still in a strange place. In PvE, potions are mostly used for buffing, so the resource gain on use is often not optimally timed. I can't speak for PvP as I don't do that, so maybe it's more useful there. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure where the potion racial came from. I can't remember Argonians ever having some sort of potion related racial ability.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Any Altmer's Regen beats the potion passive by far. No matter how much you stack stats on a Argonian, Altmer and Dunmer would always be better than mag classes.

Assuming 35k mag argonian, 12% of 35k is 4200 every 45 seconds, or 93 mag per second, or even 186 magicka recovery. So you effectively need AT LEAST 1860 base magicka recovery to beat the potion passive as an altmer.

This is not counting the fact that you get both stam and HP back from the potions.

Dunno about you, but even my Altmer mag sorc in PvP doesn't run that much total mag recovery.

#ArgonianMoreOpThanAltmerConfirmed
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at all.

Yeah, but TBH you will benefit more from Altmer or Breton sustain as a healer than you would overheal in most cases anyway. The main job of a healer is to maintain a base level of HPS and add to DPS and keep supports up. Overhealing does not really help your party. In my case, I always end up overhealing even on my Imperial Templar, who lacks any proper magicka passive. Because of this reason Altmer and Breton will also easily maintain the same rate of healing required as an Argonian but on the other hand, they would deal 1.6-5% more damage and have much better sustain. As such, Altmer and Breton would still be the better healers.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    What if resourceful reduced the stamina and magicka cost of skills by 1/2/3% instead? It would fall in the same vein as racials that boost resource regeneration while being a bit different.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if resourceful reduced the stamina and magicka cost of skills by 1/2/3% instead? It would fall in the same vein as racials that boost resource regeneration while being a bit different.

That would be OP as ***. 3% Cost reduction = 16% Regen at least for PvE depending on skills.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    That would be OP as ***. 3% Cost reduction = 16% Regen at least for PvE depending on skills.
    Where are you getting the 16% regen number from?