The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Defensive Rune Buff Name (API)

dpencil
dpencil
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know what the buff name of Defensive Rune is in the API? I am trying to track it's duration with the BuffTracker addon, since it is not recognized by S'rendarr.

There has to be a particular phrase associated with this. For example, Crystal Fragments' buff phrase is "Crystal Fragments Proc." I've tried several combinations, but nothing has worked so far.
Edited by dpencil on June 26, 2016 5:24AM

Best Answer

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know off the top of my head, and it probably changes by morph. What you could do is download the latest Srendarr and enable the new option I added to show ability ID and name in chat.

It will only show a given buff onnce until you reload to prevent spam, but you can type /sdbreset to clear the memory and avoid that.

Cheers!
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Phinix1 Cool. Thanks for the quick response. I love S'rendarr so much, so thanks for your hard work!

The ID is indeed "Defensive Rune" which was my first guess. So neither S'rendarr or BuffTimers recognizes this buff, for whatever reason. Is this something that could be added in a future build of S'rendarr? I was thinking of using this in PvP and mainly wanted to be able to see it in the tracker not so much for the duration but to see when it expires upon being consumed. It's tough to keep track of it in combat otherwise.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out Srendarr 2.2.6a when it finishes uploading and gets approved.

I added support for tracking Defensive Rune.

:)
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woohoo! Thanks :smile:
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Phinix1
    Hey just a follow up on the addition of Defensive Rune. When I hit it, the buff tracker flashes it up briefly but then immediately acts like the buff has expired even though the skill had just been initiated.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dpencil yes, I see that now. It is due to my having built support on the PTS, and only accounted for rank IV of the ability as that is all that is available there. The same problem was affecting my recent implementation of support for Beast Trap and it's morphs.

I have since manually collected the appropriate ability ID's for ALL ranks and ALL morphs of these abilities and verified they should now be working at all levels.

Let me know if that is not the case once version 2.2.7a posts to ESOUI.

:)
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Phinix1
    Ok, Minion updated S'rendarr to the latest version (2.2.7a). I just gave it a try and unfortunately got the same result as before. The buff just flashes and them immediately disappears. Also, I have Defensive Rune at Rank 4. I did get 2 LUA errors when casing Defensive Rune:

user:/AddOns/Srendarr/AuraControl.lua:358:attempt to index a boolean value
    stack traceback:
    user:/AddOns/Srendarr/AuraControl.lua:358:in function 'OnTargetChanged'

user:/AddOns/Srendarr/AuraControl.lua:327:attempt to index a boolean value
    stack traceback:
    user:/AddOns/Srendarr/AuraControl.lua:327:in function 'OnTargetChanged'

Hope that helps!

P.S On the subject of Trap Beast, is it intended for that to show up in a player's Ground AOE aura bar if there is simply a trap in the area, even if the player isn't grouped with the person using it or casting it themselves? I usually have to add Trap Beast and its morphs to my Blacklist because I will get it popping up on my AOE bar from time to time when people around me are using it, even though I am not grouped with them.

P.P.S. The other thing I usually have to Blacklist is the non-morphed aura of some skills like Lightning Splash. After morphing it you end up with a buff tracker for both the the non-morphed and morphed version, which is redundant.
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Phinix1
    Update: The LUA errors above don't seem to be directly associated with Defensive Rune. I just logged on to some other characters and was getting the error within a few seconds of loading in.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, sorry about that.

Those errors were related to a new target tracking feature for maintaining "invisible" target debuffs which Srendarr creates when you changed targets. However, this functionality has been removed pending a better workaround to ESO API having no way to reliably track individual targets.

Regardless, the latest 2.2.7b resolves the errors, and all ranks of Defensive Rune should be tracked properly.

Let me know if you have any issues. :)

The new trap beast target debuff tracking should definitely NOT be showing in ground AOE. It's unit tag is set to 'reticleover' in Srendarr's aura tracking which means the check which determines where it should show literally can't put it in ground AOE.

It may be something else that ability is doing which is visible to the game UI itself. If possible can you temporarily enable the debug feature to show ID's of auras and tell me the ID that is showing up like this?

I will look into adding Lightning Flood/Lightning Splash to the consolidation feature.

Edited by Phinix1 on June 27, 2016 8:35PM
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Phinix1 Nice changes in the latest update. The problem with Defensive Rune still exists for me. Whenever I activate it, the buff icon flashes momentarily and then disappears.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dpencil

I believe I found the reason. Due to Defensive Rune being treated as a passive by Srendarr for having no duration, it shows in the windows you assign for passives. If you haven't assigned a window for passives you won't see it.

I am moving it to the window assigned to Toggles as that seems more appropriate. Will upload shortly.

EDIT:

Done. In 2.2.8b Srendarr will now treat Defensive Rune as a toggle, and display it in whatever window you have assigned for displaying toggles.

NOTE: You will have to assign a window for displaying toggles in order to see it!

Edited by Phinix1 on June 29, 2016 11:01PM
    Options
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Phinix1 Ok. I checked it out and at first it was not showing up at all. I had my Toggles and Passives going to the same bar. When I switched Toggles to a different bar, it finally showed up, amd even stayed when I put the two types back together again, but then after that it would not show up at all whether they were apart or together. After letting it expire, I could reapply it and it showed up, but if I activated it again before it expired it would dissapear and not come back until I waited until it expired again before reactivating it.

Defensive Rune does actually have a duration of about 2 minutes (144 seconds with 2 points in the Persistence passive, which increases the duration by 20%). It is not a toggle. So you can lose it either from an enemy getting stunned when they hit you or if the duration runs out.
    Edited by dpencil on June 30, 2016 3:53PM
    Options