The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Will anything ever be done about the bugs and lag?

WhoThenNow7
WhoThenNow7
✭✭✭
TLDR at the bottom.

I play on Xbox NA. Have been playing for about a year now. I've been seeing people complain about things the whole time, but I was never so bothered to the point of actually getting angry at the game..

Now here we are, post dark brotherhood.. And I gotta say, ZOS, I'm very sorry to have to be so blunt but the game is borderline CRAP now. I haven't even played the DB portion yet because I don't think I would enjoy it properly.

Between constantly getting trapped in wrothgar, after all these months you would think they would finally fix it. The constant loading screens in or out of battle, the choppyness and lag, and that stupid weapon animation bug that annoys the hell out of me! Not to mention me critical striking high into the sky, into a loading screen, landing in the complete opposite side of cyrodiil, loading screen again, and dead. All in the middle of battle. How in the world can any company be content releasing new DLC with all the problems!? And then they have maintenance where I don't notice anything get better.. At all.. I would look forward to new dlc if they didn't come with their own new batch of problems. Even with the crafting bag, I'm starting to wonder if I should just unsub and give the game a good 6 month to a year break. Because obviously it keeps getting worse and worse.

TLDR:
So the question is, is anything actually going to be done? Or do we have to wait 3 more months and just "hope" things actually get fixed?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have no idea about the lag on consoles, PC world is fine except cyrodiil.

As far as bugs in the game, welcome to the world of MMOs, actually, welcome to the world of gaming. Never are all the bugs fixed in a game.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Live was very informative and they said they are working on it. I actually have not experienced any lag or issues in the dark brotherhood. I mainly do PVP, but have done some of the quests in the DB.
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭

As far as bugs in the game, welcome to the world of MMOs, actually, welcome to the world of gaming. Never are all the bugs fixed in a game.

Trust me, I have been VERY patient and understanding of bugs. Before dark brotherhood, hitting a loading screen was more of a "oh wow I hit a loading screen that was weird" whereas now it's like "another loading screen? Wow you have got to be kidding me". It happens extremely often.

Wrothgar is an absolute nightmare on xbox right now. It took me 10 tried to log in to a character that was there. And after I was in, 5 minutes later I get dashboarded again.

And the weapon animation bug was not there before the DB update. The point I'm trying to make is that things are getting progressively worse, and I wish they would focus on the major issues before putting out DLC. I am very aware that there will still be bugs. But it's starting to affect the game in a very bad way..
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    ESO Live was very informative and they said they are working on it. I actually have not experienced any lag or issues in the dark brotherhood. I mainly do PVP, but have done some of the quests in the DB.

Good to hear, I will give it a go, then. I just didn't want to try it until I was sure I wouldn't be experiencing loading screens every 10 seconds or dashboard boots like in orsinium.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most bugs and lag will get fixed day before next major patch . Next major patch will be bugged and laggy .
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭

While true, ESO is exceptional in the fact that serious bugs remain unpatched for extended periods of time, and the console versions seem to have it the worst.

For example, I can't think of another MMO out there where their LFG function doesn't work, let alone remains broken for weeks.
  • DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    LFG is probably the only thing I DONT have problems with on console post DB
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR at the bottom.

I play on Xbox NA. Have been playing for about a year now. I've been seeing people complain about things the whole time, but I was never so bothered to the point of actually getting angry at the game..

Now here we are, post dark brotherhood.. And I gotta say, ZOS, I'm very sorry to have to be so blunt but the game is borderline CRAP now. I haven't even played the DB portion yet because I don't think I would enjoy it properly.

Between constantly getting trapped in wrothgar, after all these months you would think they would finally fix it. The constant loading screens in or out of battle, the choppyness and lag, and that stupid weapon animation bug that annoys the hell out of me! Not to mention me critical striking high into the sky, into a loading screen, landing in the complete opposite side of cyrodiil, loading screen again, and dead. All in the middle of battle. How in the world can any company be content releasing new DLC with all the problems!? And then they have maintenance where I don't notice anything get better.. At all.. I would look forward to new dlc if they didn't come with their own new batch of problems. Even with the crafting bag, I'm starting to wonder if I should just unsub and give the game a good 6 month to a year break. Because obviously it keeps getting worse and worse.

TLDR:
    So the question is, is anything actually going to be done? Or do we have to wait 3 more months and just "hope" things actually get fixed?

they say they are working on it but it will take a few weeks because of having to go through xbox live.