The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gold

Darkdama
Darkdama
Soul Shriven
what is best and fastest way to make gold guys? im lv 32 at the moment i dont know if that affects any
What doesnt kill me makes me stronger

Best Answer

• ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are many ways.

1.) Join a trading guild and sell your stuff.
    2.) Sell all the Ornate gear that you get
    3.) Farm mats and sell them, and the tempers if you refine them
    4.) Daily dungeons can get you a nice chunk of gold as well

I go have a VR16 and I am sitting at 200K just doing above, but I have a lvl 28 sorc with over 20K gold doing the same thing, so it does work at any lvl range. Just keep playing, I might be wrong, but if you just play and quest and sell everything you dont need the money starts to pile up. I hope this helps, this is just from personal experience.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Answer ✓
  • LeDave
    LeDave
    ✭✭✭
    If I can recall, I went out and killed NPC at the dock with my WOE for all these loot within 45 minutes. I try my best not to get caught, but sometimes it happens so I have to stay away from guards while in stealth.

EDIT: Oh the picture shrank and is hard to see... Right click on image and click on view in new tab if you are using Chrome, other than that IDK.

27967968825_673cce86a8_o.png
    Edited by LeDave on June 28, 2016 10:42PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steal and Fence
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a certain place with a plethora of chests that as long as you're on your own pretty much respawn quick enough that you never run out. Chests give minimum green goods, sometimes purple and money. can easily make over 20k a day with little effort.

There must be other places with lots of chests very close to each other.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite place to steal is Eldenroot in Grahtwood :
    - 3 safeboxes in main area
    - 2 safeboxes in mages guild
    - 2 safeboxes in fighters guild
    - + lots of barrels and other containers with lots of loot
    - whilst on your safebox run, take all the weapons and armor you can steal, deconstruct them all and sell mats

(Sell only green or higher loot to fence)
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on June 29, 2016 2:16PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - whilst on your safebox run, take all the weapons and armor you can steal, deconstruct them all and sell mats

@TheWhiteDarkness

Unless something has changed since the last time it changed, stolen loot does not give Mats on decon or much inspiration 1200 vs 12,000 for mob loot). Now, it use to be that you could launder stolen gear, then decon it, but that does not work all that well either. Some items go to 0 value after Launder, some go to an intermediate value, but they no longer give much inspiration. You also used to be able to Improve a Laundered item to Green, then decon it for full inspiration. Also, I don't think the Greens that you can steal give full inspiration anymore like they used to.

In other words, go ahead and grab the weapons and armor, but just Fence it all, and it if its 0 value, Launder that, then Vendor it if you need to level Legerdemain, otherwise just destroy the 0 value items.

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@TheWhiteDarkness

Unless something has changed since the last time it changed, stolen loot does not give Mats on decon or much inspiration 1200 vs 12,000 for mob loot). Now, it use to be that you could launder stolen gear, then decon it, but that does not work all that well either. Some items go to 0 value after Launder, some go to an intermediate value, but they no longer give much inspiration. You also used to be able to Improve a Laundered item to Green, then decon it for full inspiration. Also, I don't think the Greens that you can steal give full inspiration anymore like they used to.

In other words, go ahead and grab the weapons and armor, but just Fence it all, and it if its 0 value, Launder that, then Vendor it if you need to level Legerdemain, otherwise just destroy the 0 value items.

@Nestor

I know they reduced the amount of mats you get from stolen armor and weapons, don't know if they changed that since.

As for stealing green or higher, I was talking about the treasures you loot, no point wasting your daily fence allowance an a white value treasure worth 40g. NEVER fence weapons or armor, it's worthless compared to the treasures (unless it's ornate).

Also, if you take a weapon or armor that is lying around for free (not stolen) it is and always has been worthless and will not give you any mats upon deconstruction.
    PC/EU DC
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for stealing green or higher, I was talking about the treasures you loot, no point wasting your daily fence allowance an a white value treasure worth 40g. NEVER fence weapons or armor, it's worthless compared to the treasures (unless it's ornate).

@TheWhiteDarkness

If your looking to maximize the gold, sure. But, I am looking to level Legerdemain so I steal everything I can get my hands on and fence it or launder it. I would rather spend 10 minutes filling up my bags, than 30 or 40 minutes looking for the right kind of stuff to steal. I look at it from how fast I can level the skill in time. All items you launder or fence count towards the Legerdemain skill, no matter the value. The amount of gold I get is meaningless (as I am never going to get to 1,000,000 fenced, it is on the same shelf as Master Angler and the Monster Trophy one, the shelf marked "Not in my lifetime")

There are also a large number of weapons and armor you can steal that are worth more than 40 Gold. These are usually the items you find in a container, not the stuff laying around.