The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Character Height have any effect on Targeting or LOS for skills?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to get better at 3rd person combat targeting and have asked my guild freinds for their preferred 3rd person camera settings. I now have an idea of what to set to make my targeting view a bit easier to track with.

But when I've seen extremely short characters and the tallest characters in combat, I've wondered if that disparity has any effect on targeting or LOS for skills. Or is it all pure "cursor aim"?

Does the shortest character have any advantage in among a group against taller players that have to aim down to find the target? Does a taller player have any advantage targeting down?

Does the game give any bonuses for elevation above the target, high-ground as in RTS? I know that the game has LOS factors when trying to hide behind items or target around or over them. And apparently even LOS factors on certain skills.

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PC camera settings I personally use 0 as the horizontal and 40 as vertical... I have it set that way on all my characters and targeting works fine for me. I have tried other vertical adjustments but 40 seems to be what works best for me.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere on the forums suggesting you not make your char too short because it might shorten the height you can jump. Never really tested it, but I keep my chars at middle height just in case. Especially now that snares reduce the height u can jump already.