The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

can someone explane me this!!!!

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I literally just made a new templar, the last one I played being about 7 months ago. What is purifying light?
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    and what traits are on your armor? Do you use impenetrable? Or some other trait that buffs armor/spell resistance or reduces damage?
  • ms2mustaine
    Im dk with medium armor I was using volatil armor and all my gear i have impenetrable I dont know what happen but they dont hit hard just that purifying light one shoot me i was almost half health
  • MadNeedHelp
    MadNeedHelp
    ✭✭
    Purifying light copies the damage done by the enemy (you) for 6 seconds and releasing it for 18% of its damage done as Magic damage back to you. You killed yourself. The cast is instant and you will have a beam of light on you. Magicka Templars use this.
    XBOX ONE
    VR16 HIGH ELF SORC
    EBONHEART PACT
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purifying light copies the damage done by the enemy (you) for 6 seconds and releasing it for 18% of its damage done as Magic damage back to you. You killed yourself.

Purifying light stores the damage done to the target affected by it, not by the target.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purifying light
    Target enemy stores up damage taken for 6 seconds
    When effect ends they receive an additional 36% of damage inflicted, and a pool of healing light appears for 6 seconds, healing allies for [x] every 2 seconds
    Maximum damage: [x]

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• ms2mustaine
    I know how does that work but it store more than 18% or 36% I have 35K of health its just half of my life that damage
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how does that work but it store more than 18% or 36% I have 35K of health its just half of my life that damage

You took 12533 damage from it. That is 36% of the total damage you received in the previous 6 seconds.
    That means in the previous 6 seconds you received 34814 damage. (34814*0.36=12533)

The damage you receive from it has nothing to do with your maximum health, it only depends on the total damage you received in the previous 6 seconds. Remember that damage you receive counts towards charging the final blast even if it got healed in meantime.

i.e. if i cast purifying light on you, then i hit you for 34K damage, even if you heal up back to full, 6 seconds later you will get hit for 12K damage.

Or another example: Player A has 60.000 HP. Player B is hitting him for 30.000 damage every second, but player A heals himself for 30.0000 damage every second. This means player A never gets killed because he is always healing all the damage done to him.

But if player A gets purifying light cast on him at some point, the spell will remember all damage player A took(even if it was healed back up immediately). So every second, it will remember 30.000 damage being done, for 6 seconds.

When it expires, there will be 6x30.000 = 180000 damage stored. 36% of that will be done as damage to player A. Since 36% of 180000 is 64800 damage, player A will get one-shot by purifying light and killed.
    (note: this is an artifical example, just to put the point through, as there is actually a cap on how much damage can be done by the purifying light explosion)
    Edited by Sharee on June 29, 2016 4:10PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point of purifying light is a bit like proxy det, set up the timer, put as much burst as you can before it goes boom.

You have to minimize the amount of incoming damage to you when they cast that crap, just block and LOS away.

Its super annoying when its backlash -> jabs -> jesus beam -> explode -> jesus beam

you are super dead lol
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • MadNeedHelp
    MadNeedHelp
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Purifying light copies the damage done by the enemy (you) for 6 seconds and releasing it for 18% of its damage done as Magic damage back to you. You killed yourself.

Purifying light stores the damage done to the target affected by it, not by the target.

thanks for the correction!
    XBOX ONE
    VR16 HIGH ELF SORC
    EBONHEART PACT